Shoulder armour.

Users who are viewing this thread

AfLIcTeD

Sergeant at Arms
Any chance we could get more shoulder armour pieces for Vlandia and Sturgia. Poor Vlandia has no armour pieces, all they have are hoods. Sturgia only has about 2. All the rest of the cultures have a huge variety to choose from.

What would they have that's appropriate to their current technology level?

A mail gorget? There is kind of one for Sturgia, although it looks like some sort of unfinished piece that was taken from the shop too early.

I guess a couple of mail gorget options might look swanky. Maybe one with brass rings on the fringes like some of the Sturgian armour has.

I think that's intended, to add some more variety to the game. Not all factions need to have shoulder armor.
Why not? The lack of shoulder armour for Vlandia puts them at a serious disadvantage in terms of defence compared to other factions. It makes them so much weaker than they should be.

Why not? The lack of shoulder armour for Vlandia puts them at a serious disadvantage in terms of defence compared to other factions. It makes them so much weaker than they should be.

But are they?

If you add up total armour points, are Vlandian heavy cavalry units weaker or is there just a different balance of stats?

But are they?

If you add up total armour points, are Vlandian heavy cavalry units weaker or is there just a different balance of stats?
Vlandian Banner Knights are the most lightly armoured shock cav, and barely any better than their competition. They don't have any special skills or anything, and their stupid green hoodie looks ugly. Druzhinnik Champions are marginally better, if anything.

No it doesn't because armour does nothing in this game anyway
Its borderline cosmetic
I know that gets said alot, but that's an exaggeration. Armour does something, and when it actually does enough, I'd want Vlandia to have good shoulder armour too.

I know that gets said alot, but that's an exaggeration. Armour does something, and when it actually does enough, I'd want Vlandia to have good shoulder armour too.
What does it do then, other than make you a tad slower? You can tank maybe 1 more hit max.
Fact of the matter is it doesn't do nearly enough, archers absolutely shred armoured units in singleplayer

What does it do then, other than make you a tad slower? You can tank maybe 1 more hit max.
Fact of the matter is it doesn't do nearly enough, archers absolutely shred armoured units in singleplayer

I haven't been one-hit by an archer in months. I have however been one-hit by a cavalryman with a long lance. Which is the way it should be.

Remember that this isn't a 1400AD simulator. With thick plate armour. This is more like a 1000AD simulator with mail and lamellar. Both of which are much more vulnerable to good archery. And even in 1400AD, with full plate, good archers always took out good cavalry when they had the choice of the field. I mean... what's the death ratio at Crecy? 10 to 1?

If anything to even things out, they should just remove the bodkin and piercing arrows to even the technology and be done with it.

I mean, you put sergeants up against legionaries and you'll see that it does make a difference. They're way too feeble compared to everyone else.

I haven't been one-hit by an archer in months. I have however been one-hit by a cavalryman with a long lance. Which is the way it should be.

Remember that this isn't a 1400AD simulator. With thick plate armour. This is more like a 1000AD simulator with mail and lamellar. Both of which are much more vulnerable to good archery. And even in 1400AD, with full plate, good archers always took out good cavalry when they had the choice of the field. I mean... what's the death ratio at Crecy? 10 to 1?

If anything to even things out, they should just remove the bodkin and piercing arrows to even the technology and be done with it.
"I haven't been one hit by an archer in months" yeah so it just doesn't happen then, right. And about archers I was referring to actual infantry AI units.

Remember that this isn't a real life accuracy simulator, using 'realism' as an excuse for game balance defeats the entire purpose. In that case we should two handed swords, piercing arrows, heavy lances, Vlandian plate helms etc out of the game too.

Allowing armour to be ineffective in terms of protection especially against ranged units completely de-incentivises doing what M&B is best at which is melee.

As for actually answering the OP though I imagine they'll add in some Vlandian shoulder armour seeing as they're still adding new armour in general.

Back
Top Bottom