10 postulates of Hairless aka how to make ur game better

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes yes much good.
Only i'd say no need to remove WW/SS
Just limit it or in other words put a cooldown on how much it can be done.
For example: Now u can do whatever infinitly
But instead : Press WW and then no SS for you for 1 or 2 seconds
Press SS and no WW for 1 or 2 seconds.
Might not sound like much but..
That wouldnt do too much since cavalry 100% controll the field of battle, so they can double S to stop infront of a spear, double W to get away, knowing the 2 second cooldown they'll back off, and come back 3 seconds later and potentially do the same. It wouldnt fix the main issue of double S which is a total dominance in every close quarter fight.

I'm not sure about meaning of this, but isn't heavy infantry already tanky as hell? Swords usually do jack **** to heavy inf. It just bows, cavs and maces that do the work.
Since low value classes get access to maces which do 100% armor penetration, armor is effectively useless. The easiest solution to this is remove all maces from low tier archers and infantries, this'll make heavy infantry abit stronger, since a warrior costing 100 gold cant 2 hit them.

+1 to everything OP said, I've been preaching the same for as long as I can remember

also, recently I found out one more terrible decision about bannerlord combat and whoever is responsible for that should immediately remove it from the game as it makes the combat system is even more terrible due to the mechanic being impossible to use on purpose in skirmish and even in duels, but sometimes people unconsciously use it which adds more RNG to the game, which there's already enough with the stances.

Basically I am talking about "perfect block" or parrying which is working if you block someone's swing last second, it changes the animation of the block and makes ur swing release faster afterwards, that's how it should work in theory at least. What's actually happening in the game is a complete dice roll because when I tested it yesterday with some bl kiddo, the hit after "perfect block" would be either: not registered; delayed; be actually faster. I don't think many people are aware of this mechanic but I actually been using it unconsciously a lot of times when people would try to rdm hit my feints and had my swings delayed or not registered after "perfect block", which I blamed my connection for, while in reality it was this broken mechanic causing the delays and not registered swings.

I recorded a video which shows this mechanic:

Last edited:
The combat feels like a modder just tweaked a bunch of parameters on an unfinished system. Hopefully there is a big overhaul coming.

I disagree with 2,5 skirmishers and shock should have 1/2 speed more than heavies, pila and throwing spears should not one hit in body or legs they should one shot only with headshots but they should not be removed.

Imo light cav should be used to harass inf, like "hit and run" and should not be able to stay without moving in fights and deal decent dmg but more like 20-25 dmg per hit, couch lance should one shot but a delay should be applied between each couch and finally heavy cav should be used to support inf in team fights, being able to tank hits and deal good dmg, but they should be slower (stabbing speed and horse speed should be slower so if they decide to leave a fight they can be punished)

Keep the combat terrible because people are used to it? No thanks. The way chambers currently are it'd be better if they weren't in the game, nearly every time someone chambers it's random luck and rng just rewards them for messing up.

Armor I think would mostly be fine if the other changes were implemented and you didn't lose all your hp to cav/throwing.

1st of all I guarantee you I have more hours on warband than you and I did not play competitive I spend my time playing mercenaries and NW.To implement chambers they will have to destroy the whole ****ing combat and rebuild it so I doubt they will do it. I play that since september 2019 and I've see complete change of combat twice and it's not fun at all.
As for you my friend I'd say the trash player here is you since you cry about the current combat cuz you get smacked too much.If anything has to be changed is kicks being more punishable and cav knockdown being 50% faster.
Imagine insulting of trash the best inf in warband & one of the best in bannerlord when actualy you are a mediocre inf in divC

That wouldnt do too much since cavalry 100% controll the field of battle, so they can double S to stop infront of a spear, double W to get away, knowing the 2 second cooldown they'll back off, and come back 3 seconds later and potentially do the same. It wouldnt fix the main issue of double S which is a total dominance in every close quarter fight.
Well i'd reccomend u try and test this out.
Try only SS once while going fast.. U'll see why it's not quite correct what you wrote here.
And then SS once every 2 sec while going fast
ITS MUCH less effective then full on spam that is possible now.
Same with acceleration.
Try to tap WW and then use only normal W hold
Huge difference

And then on top of that try to SS to stop but then don't WW for 2 seconds aswell.. Instead just normal W for 2 sec
AND most importantly try to WW and then for 2 sec only slow down with holding S instead of SS.
It would make WW a commitment and a risk, not some funky mechanic that u can use to basically drift with your mount.

Now i'm just saying 2 sec. Not sure what the correct timings should be. But there need to be some imo

And cav running back and forth is normal
Actually cav needs to run back and forth.
And not be able to have total manuvering dominance in close quarter inf-packed fight. And that would also be aided by better DMG to horses in general. ( Talking about slash dmg, primarily 1h weapons. But even 2h weapons glance if horse is just slowly walking away from the hit)

Also a warband mechanic that allowed any attack to hit the horse and the rider simultaneously meant that cav players wouldn't be able to tank while not moving / close quarters.

Rn. i'd say that DMG to anything, not just horses, depends too much on speed of the hit. Instead of actual raw dmg of the weapon/ weapon weight.
IMHO OFC

Last edited:
Well i'd reccomend u try and test this out.
Try only SS once while going fast.. U'll see why it's not quite correct what you wrote here.
And then SS once every 2 sec while going fast
ITS MUCH less effective then full on spam that is possible now.
Same with acceleration.
Try to tap WW and then use only normal W hold
Huge difference

And then on top of that try to SS to stop but then don't WW for 2 seconds aswell.. Instead just normal W for 2 sec
AND most importantly try to WW and then for 2 sec only slow down with holding S instead of SS.
It would make WW a commitment and a risk, not some funky mechanic that u can use to basically drift with your mount.

Now i'm just saying 2 sec. Not sure what the correct timings should be. But there need to be some imo

And cav running back and forth is normal
Actually cav needs to run back and forth.
And not be able to have total manuvering dominance in close quarter inf-packed fight. And that would also be aided by better DMG to horses in general.

Rn. i'd say that DMG to anything, not just horses, depends too much on speed of the hit. Instead of actual raw dmg of the weapon/ weapon weight.
IMHO OFC
cav needs to ss only once to dodge spear hit or pila and then kill everybody. Ofc adding cd will reduce cav's maneuverability dramatically, but anyway it'll be able to do it's stuff. Usually cav just stays afk and hitting with it's spear in the back for 15 seconds straight with great attack speed, and it doesnt even need to move to make huge impact.
I agree though that adding cd to wwss is a great idea but on top of that spears need rework to make them more consistent to rear and not to glance against horses

Well yeah there are many changes that would make the game better. I totally agree that inf side spear combat is underpowered. Whilst the cav side is overpowered.
( Again has to do with dmg depending too much on speed (which cav controls too easily now) instead of weight/ raw dmg)

I think totally removing WW SS would make cav suck hard.
Cav should be able to backstab. Thats the whole point, right ?

But right now a spearman can't do anything to a horseman (unless he's the throwing spearman kinda dude xD)

1 year and all that has really changed is some blocking parameters and minor value adjustments.

Throwing is still the dominant weapon of infantry. Cavalry feels as inconsistent to fight as it did before. And more importantly melee combat feels as rigid and abuseable as it ever has.

At best case it'll be another one, two years before there's a significant enough change to be comparable to warband's combat.

I'd prefer the MP team focused their limited resources on server tools, server files, and MP modding support, as at this rate I fear 2023 will be an optimistic release date for these, and I think it's safe to say the community modders would've solved these issues in 2-3 months not 2-3 years.

I also still think a slight turncap is needed while attacking, could tie into 4.
Btw. i thought about dem turncaps and what i think would be best.

I do agree that while using lmost every 2h weapon it shouldn't be possible to spin around and turn after released attack.
But i don't think that doing a hard turncap limit for every weapon equally would be fair.
In other words i think doing a 360 swing with shortsword should be possible.

So i suppose the simplest way would be to have turncaps tied to weapon weight. More weight = less turning capacity
Wdyt ?

Imagine insulting of trash the best inf in warband & one of the best in bannerlord when actualy you are a mediocre inf in divC
If I am mediocre inf then that makes you mediocre cav judging how skilled you are.Also it is Arni who called me a retard for expressing my opinion on the topic.I play in div C because unlike you I choose my friends over being in a team with sweat tryhards in A.Many times I clapped you in skirmish games where we were both in equal stacks so I don't get if I am mediocre what are you then?

Also I don't consider myself a S-tier player in any occasion.I am not even a top 50 inf but still you are not a challange to me when I meet you on the battlefield.A challange is Axder I can't smack him in a fight he will totally demolish me,you on other hand can't be as productive and consistent as him.

Last edited:
generally good suggestions. the combat and infantry in general are in need of a dramatic overall. just making the combat more complex will buff infantry over other classes because dedicated inf players will have a better mastery of those tools than players from other classes. better balancing and more complex melee combat is also more likely to draw some of the players from warband competitive, which could boost the size of competitive bannerlord by a couple hundred players at least.

Agreed with most of these. For 6 just increase the efficency of armor vs blunt and pierce. For 5 and 8 you don't need to remove them, just limit them if 10 will be added. As for 1 you don't need to remove ww/ss just nerf the turnrate of horses. If you sit in a single spot on a horse it is ridiculous how fast you can spin. And when they're at it the player turnrate should be reduced as well, especially when you're swinging.

Btw. i thought about dem turncaps and what i think would be best.

I do agree that while using lmost every 2h weapon it shouldn't be possible to spin around and turn after released attack.
But i don't think that doing a hard turncap limit for every weapon equally would be fair.
In other words i think doing a 360 swing with shortsword should be possible.

So i suppose the simplest way would be to have turncaps tied to weapon weight. More weight = less turning capacity
Wdyt ?
While I mentioned 2h as an obvious issue the main reason to add a small turncap is to improve shield fights so I think it should apply equally to 1handers. I also think different turncaps on different weapons would feel too odd and offputting if you went from one to another. Turncaps can be really frustrating and feel bad, so it should be as light a touch as possible.

Using stances or perfect blocks isn't rng at all. Stances are controlled by movement direction and perfect blocks are triggered by blocking in a specific timeframe.
Both of them give you an advantage if you know how to use them.
Just straight up increasing swing speed for infantry classes on the other hand will reduces skill requirements.

The only thing wrong with the perfect block stuff is that it's not working as intended since they reworked all other combat parameters.

I don't agree with those.What kind of suggestion is that increase hp of infantries?Removing WW/SS?Only needed thing in BL is removing throwables and a proper rearing.Removing throwables is like buffing heavy inf and cavs and solving the rear issue when heavy infantry stabs the horse will solve issues in the game.

4,5,6 can be done.7 is situational,depends on the developer's choice.Others are not needed.You didn't mention about Softspots in the spears.Because of the softspots heavy infantries can't counter cavalries.
About first one, in native cavalries doesn't get hit when they get reared,are you confused with mercenaries mod,maybe?Also in native cavalries can block while rearing,in BL it is not happening.

Last edited:
I don't agree with those.What kind of suggestion is that increase hp of infantries?Removing WW/SS?Only needed thing in BL is removing throwables and a proper rearing.Removing throwables is like buffing heavy inf and cavs and solving the rear issue when heavy infantry stabs the horse will solve issues in the game.

4,5,6 can be done.7 is situational,depends on the developer's choice.Others are not needed.You didn't mention about Softspots in the spears.Because of the softspots heavy infantries can't counter cavalries.
About first one, in native cavalries doesn't get hit when they get reared,are you confused with mercenaries mod,maybe?Also in native cavalries can block while rearing,in BL it is not happening.
He means the cleaving through horses into the rider aspect of native.

Back
Top Bottom