Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys.
Can someone please help me fix this annoying issue I am having with this program.
Every time I load up the cartographer its like my map icons do a 180. No matter what I do I cannot fix this. I have tried for the past month or two and it is driving me insane.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Seems to do this after every time I save map.txt (F5).
I had something simmilar, in the bleder I flipped the map model 180 degrees

When i try to open the program it immedietly shows this error.

Found MAB installation on <C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade>
Found WB installation on <C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband>
Msys folder at <C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\GokturkMod\Module_system 1.171>
Module folder at <C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\GokturkMod\Module_system 1.171>
@--start loading font xml
luajit: .\mab-font.lua:22: bad argument #1 to 'lines' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\GokturkMod\Module_system 1.171\..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML: No such file or directory)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'lines'
.\mab-font.lua:22: in function 'load'
cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk
[C]: ?

How can i solve this?

Hi Swyter,
Every time i import the object file that i created in blender, despite i did assign materials, it shows that entire terrain is filled with plains.
How can i solve this problem?

Hello, is it possible through this application to import uninteractable objects to the world map that are not necessarly associated with the terrain? If I want to add some random burnt houses to the campaign map, for example. Also how could I add my own terrain type by Blender?

Kind regards.

Hello, is it possible through this application to import uninteractable objects to the world map that are not necessarly associated with the terrain? If I want to add some random burnt houses to the campaign map, for example. Also how could I add my own terrain type by Blender?

Kind regards.

Hi, the amount of terrain types and their map behavior are more or less hardcoded. You can't add new ones, only change the corresponding materials/textures in OpenBRF. Passability and party speed still depends on the specific material a party is walking over.

Even if your map objects are uninteractable you need to use/add either static parties, or trees (also hardcoded to show on top of certain materials, but you can change their models and textures and even make them super big) for decoration. In Star Wars Conquest we used a single snowy tree for the galactic disc background, and normal trees for asteroids. Just to give you an example.

The strategic map is pretty limiting and inflexible; as you can see we can't even texture or set the map terrain normals/UVs. They are auto-generated.

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation.

Also, for the app itself, Im getting this common problem:

Module folder at <>
@--start loading font xml
luajit: .\mab-font.lua:22: bad argument #1 to 'lines' (\..\..\Data\FONT_DATA.XML: No such file or directory)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'lines'
.\mab-font.lua:22: in function 'load'
cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk
[C]: ?

Thank you for the explanation.

Also, for the app itself, Im getting this common problem:

If you run the program out of the box it should launch and show the font, as both files are included. If you changed the path to point to your own mod check that the path is valid.

Seems like there's no module path at all between those two <>, which is weird. As I show in the guide, you need to tell it where your module system is, it then finds the final/target folder via module_info.py, where the .txt files are output when you run build_module.bat. So msys -> module folder -> font folder.

There seems to be something wrong in the output path itself or in the program configuration. In any case once you see your path in the black window it should be able to see if your mod has a custom font and use it, or get the original one from the game on its own.

Hope that helps, take a look at some screenshots to see how it should look like when it works properly. If nothing works you can also just overwrite the bundled example files with your stuff. But it's way less convenient.

Last edited:
Last edited:
When i try to open the program it immedietly shows this error.

How can i solve this?
As you can see in your error log, the final module folder (the one with your mod's .txt files and what the game actually reads) ends up being the module system folder (the one with the .py files). That probably means that your module_info.py points to the wrong location (probably empty or has a single dot, so it gets interpreted as a relative path and thinks that it points to itself).

The final mod path needs to exist. Ideally under the game's Modules folder, as its own thing. Otherwise you can't play it, and naturally cartographer can't find the game's font either. Seems like a similar issue as @CumanBoi's.

That's why it complains. Hope that helps. :party:

Last edited:
если бы эта программа могла редактировать местность...
It can edit the terrain, indirectly, by using Blender in the same way you would use Thorgrim's, and even in ways that you otherwise can't. It should be seamless and free. See the user guide:

Back
Top Bottom