2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: The Circus Is In Full Swing

Users who are viewing this thread

Who thinks Trump would run in 2024 and why?
Take your time after recovering from his CPAC speech later tonight.
The pundits say he'll string along the party until the primaries, then step back and play kingmaker.
I'd like to see him run, actually, him losing never gets old.

I think he will unless he gets thrown in jail before that or otherwise formally disqualified from running for office. Main reason being that it is a fantastic machine for him to dupe people into donating money that he then can use for whatever. I hope he gets to wear a suit matching the color of his face before then myself.

I'm fairly confident he will be imprisoned before 2024. New Attorney General, Merrick Garland has stated that this is first priority. As a federal prosecutor, he got the death penalty for other right wing fanatics, like Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber.

What crime would send him to prison?
I think he'll be running again in 4 years. He might not have full support within the party, but he has tremendous popular support and no obvious challengers. He has also said - more or less clearly - that he would run again.

What crime? Sedition, fraud, violation of his presidential oath, possibly even treason, which carries a potential death penalty. His popular support wanes every day as more and more people come to their senses. He's even lost some support among the Proud boys who had several members arrested after Jan, 6. We thought he would pardon us but when we saw that plane headed for Florida, we knew we'd been had.

What crime would send him to prison?
I think he'll be running again in 4 years. He might not have full support within the party, but he has tremendous popular support and no obvious challengers. He has also said - more or less clearly - that he would run again.
But that's the thing, he says he will run. Even a politician would not be held to his word this early, let alone Trump.
Most likely he won't run because it's much safer to be a kingmaker than a candidate that may lose. He can service his ego just the same by inviting Lyin Ted Cruz to kiss his tiny ring.

That's not Trump. He's not interested in being a grey eminence, or a kingmaker or any of that. He wants exposure and fame. He wants crowds cheering at him. As plain and cliche as it may sound, he want to be loved and admired. Backstage deals do nothing for him if they don't lead to that.

>horseshoe theory in 2021

anyway, the video is still wrong, of course, because biden never had the left and thus cannot lose them.

he's managed to lose some liberals, though, so that's going just great for him.

I stopped watching after 3 minutes, it's was so partisan and full of easily-debunked crap if you are not a know-nothing populist.
Now, it's not a surprise that a right-wing outlet (The Hill) is using a hard left pundit (Krystall Ball) to bash the moderate left (Biden).
Which is why a right-winger (KKKurczak :smile:) is posting this, pissing off moderate leftists (Brutus, me), while the hard-left agrees (Monty).

Here are the three claims I managed to listen to, explained away or debunked, depending on your politics:
1. Biden failed to overrule/fire the Senate parliamentarian (non-partisan budget clerk) that ruled that the minimum wage increase can't be a part of the Covid package.
A clerk was fired only once before in 2001 (Repubs did it for tax cuts). Firing a non-partisan clerk to ram through an agenda that even doesn't have a full support among Democrat Senators is something very, very partisan and undermines the checks and balances in the Senate. Biden is not Trump and he'll look to get more, possibly bi-partisan, support around such bill before going through with it and would compromise by increasing the minimum wage gradually. The pundit claims just "he didn't want to" without any of these nuances. It's stupid outrage for simple and partisan folks.
2. Biden bombed Iran forces in Syria
Biden follows an established US foreign policy. He's not a Trump to do this on a whim. But why would he drop any bombs, asks the naive pundit and many on the populist left (this was also a popular subject for the alt-right, "see, your guy is going to START WARS, unlike the peace-loving Trump").
You only need a week or so of Iran-related news to get the context. Since Biden came to power and announced easing the Iran sanctions and getting back into the nuclear deal, Iran has been playing hardball across their fronts. Now why the hell would they do that with someone like Biden, who is far less hostile than Trump??
The answer is simple, they are improving their negotiating position before sitting with Biden and making deals. The bombing was more of a message than anything, as were their provocations (rocket attack in Iraq, IAEA breaches). Alternatively, it could be the Iranian hardliners trying to scupper a deal, but that AGAIN proves Biden did the right thing. You NEED to respond to provocations when they are testing you, or you'll show weakness.
3. Khashoggi: the Saude prince was not sanctioned
If you follow the news at all, you can see how much the Biden administration did to get out of bed with the Saudis where Trump and Kushner got them. The publishing of the intelligence report was unprecedented (Trump simply refused it) and 76 involved individuals were sanctioned. There was a very strong message in Biden talking to the king directly and bypassing the prince, even if he's the de-facto ruler.
Now the crazy left and the cynical right both want something impossible, for Biden to target the ruler of an important ally directly. This simply is very poor diplomacy. Biden already did more than would be expected from an establishment candidate.

So take your Krystall Ball and shove it up somewhere, this is pure propaganda and disinformation.

Kkkounterarguments:

During the campaign, Biden was almost crying and sobbing when hearing testimonies of people making under $15/hour and made philippics about how outrageous and inhumane it is, but I guess not outrageous and inhumane enough to overrule some literally what rule brought up by some literally who glorified librarian. Keep spinning down the debt spiral, people, there are informal unspoken legislative norms! Will someone please think of the NORMS!?!

I couldn't care less about Assad, Iran, Saudis or any of that Middle East nonsense. America is hostile towards Syria and Iran in the first place, because??? Oh right, it is being a chump to its best buds - Israel and Saudi Arabia. who are such essential allies that their friendship brings America the benefits of ???

Back
Top Bottom