Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

Users who are viewing this thread

It has been almost a year of open EA. There have been two features added. TWO. :smile:

Child education (easy to make) and now half baked pillaging (just a window where you choose an action which triggers few buffs or debuffs to your army and the city).
I completely agree on the implemented features being easy so far.

It is as if when deciding on a new feature to add, they sort all options on the table from easy to hard and start from the top.

• Only text window? Add it.
  • Small addition to already existing UI? Add it.
  • Reuse the existing components and create something from them? Add it. (Child education)
  • Weapon/income/tax number tweak? Add it.

• Feature with new graphics, depth, and novelty? No.

Wow, so it looks like they still haven't fixed the issue with wanderers disappearing and not spawning. Also, where is the patch notes?

Somebody get ja rule on the phone to make sense of all this

Also, where is the patch notes?
2neebf.jpg

Rebellions are also a noteworthy feature.

I do agree that progress has been ridiculously slow, and there is probably a serious problem with organization/management for Taleworlds, and definitely a serious problem with communication and long-term planning. But we should still acknowledge what progress has been made too, and every new feature makes me a happier customer.

We have two options:

1- Taleworlds keeps adding new features and these features cause bugs, which the game's release has to be delayed to fix.

2- Taleworlds just fixes the bugs, adds no new features, releases on time, and calls the game done.

I'm not a huge fan of waiting longer, and TW definitely needs to either change internally to speed up the pace of work, or at least communicate better and tell us why tiny amounts of progress are taking so long. But either way, I would prefer option 1 to option 2.

I can't name a single feature of the game that works well. Progress on this EA has been a giant disappointment and releases have been getting progressively worse.

I can't name a single feature of the game that works well. Progress on this EA has been a giant disappointment and releases have been getting progressively worse.
There are some, the problem is that the most important features don´t work as they should. But I never had an issue when I choosed my character name or picked my banner :wink: .

There are some, the problem is that the most important features don´t work as they should. But I never had an issue when I choosed my character name or picked my banner :wink: .

So, you like the small assortment soft pastel colors available for banners? :smile:

First thing I do any time I play is install a banner editor mod. The vanilla one is, once again, half baked. Mods have been out there for a year just adding more colors but let's not adopt that improvement because then we'd have to call something finished.

Back
Top Bottom