Official Modding Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you think that could be a useful addition to the mod-tools? I bet it would save a lot of people a lot of time.
I think the Morgh's editor was a nice community tool that allowed for easier access to modding for those that didn't want to go knees-deep into the whole thing. Seeing we don't have something like this internally for Bannerlord, I doubt it will be developed just for modders. I'll bring it up as a suggestion though.

I think the Morgh's editor was a nice community tool that allowed for easier access to modding for those that didn't want to go knees-deep into the whole thing. Seeing we don't have something like this internally for Bannerlord, I doubt it will be developed just for modders. I'll bring it up as a suggestion though.
Old engine and games based on it are like a decade old, and module systems are still poorly documented. While you're suggesting things tell them to add some documentation to the old module systems. As someone trying to make something similar to Morgh's editor, i see a lot of unexplained stuff lying around in the module system. I asked what a float variable does in the script, nobody seems to know the answer. Is there any developer worked on warband engine wandering around the forum? I could use some help with those stuff.

The issue is that a proper code editor could actually speed up everyone’s work.
A code editor should be looked at by the developers for internal use. Morgh’s was good, but more limited. You guys could make a system work for a more broad set of problems and guide the modder rather than just babysitting them through minor tweaks.

If you can tear into a item or NPC with granular detail on each line of code, and have the editor in the background keeping the letter of the code accurate while providing the legend of changes you can make, commentary/documentation of the available feature options to add to a troop, item, kingdom, etc.

Essentially this would be a how to and assistance toolbox for coders. I think it would bring in a large crowd of new modders and optimize work for those already going at it.

A code editor
I'm lost. What do you mean by code editor exactly? Can you give me an example of this?
Because if you are mentioning about being able to write some tiny code and attaching that onto objects - that's already in the Editor. It's not customizable at the moment - but I thought they were planning to add drag-drop for such codes.
They have several examples for this in the editor, where you can attach scripts to objects without doing any Injection/Harmony work or other heavy C# related stuff ( Windmill script, for example )

But if you mean something like troop tree editor etc, I can understand why Dejan and team decides not to do that. Because Native Troop trees are already done more or less and creating a tool for that, which will take several months and integration might be too much work for them.

But if you mean something like troop tree editor etc, I can understand why Dejan and team decides not to do that. Because Native Troop trees are already done more or less and creating a tool for that, which will take several months and integration might be too much work for them.
You’re right that it would take quite the time to make & integrate. Seems like there’s just not that much documentation available for the code material of the game that isn’t to do with new models and scening.

The kind of modding I’m trying to do is going to require thousands of small changes to the existing game, I think there’s plenty of items and troops etc, I just think they need a lot of polish on the numbers side that I don’t see right now.

You’re right that it would take quite the time to make & integrate. Seems like there’s just not that much documentation available for the code material of the game that isn’t to do with new models and scening.
Since we're in early access, a decision has been taken to not release any code-related documentation yet. As you can see from the patch notes, a number of refactors have been done over the past year. These refactors would have rendered portions of the code documentation obsolete. You can expect to see more code-related documentation being added in the future.

In the meantime, the community started on an unofficial documentation a while ago: https://docs.bannerlordmodding.com/

Since we're in early access, a decision has been taken to not release any code-related documentation yet. As you can see from the patch notes, a number of refactors have been done over the past year. These refactors would have rendered portions of the code documentation obsolete. You can expect to see more code-related documentation being added in the future.

In the meantime, the community started on an unofficial documentation a while ago: https://docs.bannerlordmodding.com/
Do you have a rough estimate on when more code-related documentation will be released? Like within a month, six months, a year.

TW are aware that there are no mod tools for 1.5.9, correct?
unknown.png

modding.tool.beta - beta does not work with the 1.5.9 game. Plus 1.5.8 is the stable branch, not the beta.

I would assume that it was intentional(or known) that there is no 1.5.9 tools, but the beta names and patch notes for 1.5.9 tools suggests that there was a mistake of not releasing the tools.

TW are aware that there are no mod tools for 1.5.9, correct?
unknown.png

modding.tool.beta - beta does not work with the 1.5.9 game. Plus 1.5.8 is the stable branch, not the beta.

I would assume that it was intentional(or known) that there is no 1.5.9 tools, but the beta names and patch notes for 1.5.9 tools suggests that there was a mistake of not releasing the tools.
The 1.5.8 naming will be fixed. We currently have an issue with beta 1.5.9 of the tools and will be releasing it as soon as possible.

Do you plan to make other maps fully accessible like Khuzait_castle_002? We would like to try fixing the siege AI but we cannot properly load them and save them with editor.

Hey, how do you guys download the modding kit from Steam ? I tried looking for it following instructions, but it's 2023 and it seems I can't find the "tools" checkbox.

Back
Top Bottom