What did they change ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I came back to play yesterday and today too, what did they change in the past months ?

Feels like the experience is the same than when I stopped playing like one/two months after the release and it feels like it's even worse in some aspects.

Javs, shooting mechanics, cavs feel sluggish yet still are fast as f*** for some reason ( it's sad cause it was one of the only aspects of the game which was enjoyable in the beginning ).

Still unpractical shield mechanics, always the same two maps ( at least it's still what it feels like in TDM - I might try Skirmish later ), correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like most of the issues related to character movements/melee/collisions we've been talking about for months didn't change at all,... I guess if you want to keep it that way then whatever but seriously what happened and what changed concretely ? It's a serious question.

The only thing I've noticed is that the optimization is better.

Edit : The class system made you lose a sh*tload of time in order to balance the whole thing, should've kept it simple like in Warband and you would've had way less things to manage and way less problems to solve.

+ bring in the dedicated servers, it's crucial.

Last edited:
The MP Bannerlord experience™, I guess... ? ?

giphy.gif

Probably not entirely fair, movement is a bit better and blocking is improved, both through the community parameters.

There are some balance improvements made such as nerfed kicking, some archer nerfs, recently some cav nerfs which seem ok.

It's been slow progress but progress nonetheless. There is little excuse for the lack of action during the first year of beta and first half of release but they seem set up for more frequent updates and are listening, albeit still selectively.

Probably not entirely fair, movement is a bit better and blocking is improved, both through the community parameters.

There are some balance improvements made such as nerfed kicking, some archer nerfs, recently some cav nerfs which seem ok.

It's been slow progress but progress nonetheless. There is little excuse for the lack of action during the first year of beta and first half of release but they seem set up for more frequent updates and are listening, albeit still selectively.
I don't know man, I don't really want to sound like a kid but to me at this point and knowing the direction it's been heading since the beginning I doubt the game will change.

Custom server list is empty, let's be honest. Only dedicated servers could save the game rn.

Class system was a bad idea, it's been told many times, I don't know who in the developement team thought it would make things easier, it absolutely didn't, just look at all the tweaks they have to make to balance the whole thing.

The movements are still sluggish tbh I don't see any improvements, feints are still way too hard to read and way too fast, from what I've seen being on the Duel server for a while the meta is to chain attack spam and to cancel chain attacks in order to confuse your opponent which is incredibly confusing I have to say. People were saying duels on Warband looked retar*** but it's the same thing here except you feel less in control. The winner is usually the one with the more confusing style ( backpedalling, cancelling chain attacks,... ). People are random spamming when they're getting hit and it's easy to do, so I started doing the same thing,... Of course I could get better by getting used to it but I don't see that as an exciting way to play the game.

Hip rotation is still a disaster, when you're a bit too fast it's cancelling animations mid-rotation and preventing you to do what you really intend to do during 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3 and even in 1 vs 1. Let's not talk about character movement which is still a big issue.

Collisions are still f**ked up ( hittings walls, hitting friend shields,... ). I'm not even talking about archery which still feels bad tbh, archery in Warband felt so much more natural and less "arcady",... same thing for the javs, seems like there's always that feeling that there's a delay for some strange reason.

It could've been a masterpiece, Warband 2.0 with polished animations, great character customization,... but they f**ked up the game roots imo.

Anyway, I can understand why people are having fun especially when they're playing with friends,... maybe my opinion is biased because I've been tryharding on Warband for years too,... but I don't know, it doesn't feel right man.

Edit : Completely forgot to talk about chambers, almost forgot they were in the game which says a lot about the actual state of chambering.

Last edited:
The movements are still sluggish tbh I don't see any improvements, feints are still way too hard to read and way too fast, from what I've seen being on the Duel server for a while the meta is to chain attack spam and to cancel chain attacks in order to confuse your opponent which is incredibly confusing I have to say. People were saying duels on Warband looked retar*** but it's the same thing here except you feel less in control. The winner is usually the one with the more confusing style ( backpedalling, cancelling chain attacks,... ). People are random spamming when they're getting hit and it's easy to do, so I started doing the same thing,... Of course I could get better by getting used to it but I don't see that as an exciting way to play the game.
The hell is that supposed to mean? All the feints are perfectly readable. The only thing borderline is the chain animation (with tilted back characters), but it bears risks and there is very few people using it in duels. As for random spamming, just play safe? What is so complicated or novel about this lol

Custom servers would be huge and make the game a lot more fun and accessible for casual and competitive alike I agree.

I also agree the class system hasn't really achieved their goals, they have obviously backtracked in a few key ways with added equipment perks, redesigns of aesthetic, aesthetics now not obviously matching armour, and differences across game modes, which was always going to be necessary but they held off on for too long. It was highlighted as an issue when announced, which honestly must be like 4 years ago now? lol

The movement is better, I do agree there is still something "off" about it but some of that comes from the differences between classes and also stuff like pushing people around, very small capsules etc, but there is a sense of progression here. If you think back to early beta, when it super sluggish, turning while running made you spin on the spot for a second, etc. Ofc it should still be improved.

The very off-putting feints and animations are a very odd thing as surely this must have been a top consideration after people's thoughts on Warband, where the majority of people trying it thought it looked bad. But the combat system now allows for more manipulation and the timings are more confused, both with stances and with a much freer turncap. It is worth saying it's possible to become good at this, and if anything blocking is easier now than Warband, but it can't be considered approachable or clean imo. More tweaks are needed here as well especially with combat timings and ideally, animations.

I'm not sure what you mean by cancelling animations mid rotation, the turncap is extremely free, but the collisions I think is due to how wide the arcs of swings are (something I continue to harp on about for a year+ now). You frequently catch friends shields behind you, chamber attacks nowhere near you, friends and foes can walk into your swings from the side completely blocking your attack. It's messy, and the worst thing is, it's messy in singleplayer as well as close units of bots all do the same! Maddening.
It could've been a masterpiece, Warband 2.0 with polished animations, great character customization,... but they f**ked up the game roots imo.
For me the problem isn't necessarily they didn't make Warband 2.0, I mean I would have liked that but I understand they wanted to make their own game and also that much of the community wanted something else as well. My problem is that they completely disregarded many of the lessons from Warband, which to me is just a baffling decision. We are constantly seeing issues that were solved or not present in Warband, a game very similar in some core ways, yet whose answers are consistently ignored. Most good balance changes gradually end up moving the game towards something Warband had or similar to.

It's like the entire team was ordered to never start Warband up from the day they started Bannerlord, to completely start from scratch. Is it kind of admirable in a design purity way? On paper I guess, but in practice it's just made development slow and frustrating for everyone. I'm sure the devs don't like being constantly told that X was better in Warband any more than we enjoy knowing it.

Custom servers would be huge and make the game a lot more fun and accessible for casual and competitive alike I agree.

I also agree the class system hasn't really achieved their goals, they have obviously backtracked in a few key ways with added equipment perks, redesigns of aesthetic, aesthetics now not obviously matching armour, and differences across game modes, which was always going to be necessary but they held off on for too long. It was highlighted as an issue when announced, which honestly must be like 4 years ago now? lol

The movement is better, I do agree there is still something "off" about it but some of that comes from the differences between classes and also stuff like pushing people around, very small capsules etc, but there is a sense of progression here. If you think back to early beta, when it super sluggish, turning while running made you spin on the spot for a second, etc. Ofc it should still be improved.

The very off-putting feints and animations are a very odd thing as surely this must have been a top consideration after people's thoughts on Warband, where the majority of people trying it thought it looked bad. But the combat system now allows for more manipulation and the timings are more confused, both with stances and with a much freer turncap. It is worth saying it's possible to become good at this, and if anything blocking is easier now than Warband, but it can't be considered approachable or clean imo. More tweaks are needed here as well especially with combat timings and ideally, animations.

I'm not sure what you mean by cancelling animations mid rotation, the turncap is extremely free, but the collisions I think is due to how wide the arcs of swings are (something I continue to harp on about for a year+ now). You frequently catch friends shields behind you, chamber attacks nowhere near you, friends and foes can walk into your swings from the side completely blocking your attack. It's messy, and the worst thing is, it's messy in singleplayer as well as close units of bots all do the same! Maddening.

For me the problem isn't necessarily they didn't make Warband 2.0, I mean I would have liked that but I understand they wanted to make their own game and also that much of the community wanted something else as well. My problem is that they completely disregarded many of the lessons from Warband, which to me is just a baffling decision. We are constantly seeing issues that were solved or not present in Warband, a game very similar in some core ways, yet whose answers are consistently ignored. Most good balance changes gradually end up moving the game towards something Warband had or similar to.

It's like the entire team was ordered to never start Warband up from the day they started Bannerlord, to completely start from scratch. Is it kind of admirable in a design purity way? On paper I guess, but in practice it's just made development slow and frustrating for everyone. I'm sure the devs don't like being constantly told that X was better in Warband any more than we enjoy knowing it.
I agree with you even though it's really hard for me to notice any major improvements.

I came back to play yesterday and today too, what did they change in the past months ?

Feels like the experience is the same than when I stopped playing like one/two months after the release and it feels like it's even worse in some aspects.

Javs, shooting mechanics, cavs feel sluggish yet still are fast as f*** for some reason ( it's sad cause it was one of the only aspects of the game which was enjoyable in the beginning ).

Still unpractical shield mechanics, always the same two maps ( at least it's still what it feels like in TDM - I might try Skirmish later ), correct me if I'm wrong but it feels like most of the issues related to character movements/melee/collisions we've been talking about for months didn't change at all,... I guess if you want to keep it that way then whatever but seriously what happened and what changed concretely ? It's a serious question.

The only thing I've noticed is that the optimization is better.

Edit : The class system made you lose a sh*tload of time in order to balance the whole thing, should've kept it simple like in Warband and you would've had way less things to manage and way less problems to solve.

+ bring in the dedicated servers, it's crucial.
+++ totally agreeing with you. Bannerlords MP is a disaster. Taleworlds must not be that stubborn and listen to its own community.

Nerf this buff that then re nerf that other thing until we buff another but then we nerf the other one and oh no, this one is now meta time to nerf it once again, more meta nerf buff and then I enter Warband and I have fun

Nerf this buff that then re nerf that other thing until we buff another but then we nerf the other one and oh no, this one is now meta time to nerf it once again, more meta nerf buff and then I enter Warband and I have fun
Good stay in warband then.
Can we already ****ing stop this "this isnt Warband 2.0 so its bad" bull**** please?
You know what the ****ing warband "boomers" are causing more harm to this game than they help it.
"Warband has more players" go ****ing play Warband then legit no one is ****ing forcing your ass to play this game like come on. If you don't like it ****ing don't play it.
You find Warband more balanced and more enjoying? It's fine go play Warband but you spent money for a game that was not finished yet(for god knows what reason) and you agreed that the game will be broken at some parts, there will be bugs, combat will be not fine-tuned etc etc and yet most people here are *****ing that this game is inferior to Warband and "they're returning to Warband" good **** off to Warband you can touch your willy pete there if you want.
How old is Warband? 11 years. Maybe like 9 years of development? I also heard from a lot of warband boomers that Warband had trash balance at first and they fine-tuned the game overtime, like they're going to do to this game. I understand the rage for no custom servers but **** off with that Warband 2.0 idea just slap some ENB or texture packs to Warband and go ****ing play it if you want to.
I know the production has been slow like a ****ing truck but we agreed to give money to an unfinished game did we? No one ****ing forced you.

Can we already ****ing stop this "this isnt Warband 2.0 so its bad" bull**** please?
You know what the ****ing warband "boomers" are causing more harm to this game than they help it.
"Warband has more players" go ****ing play Warband then legit no one is ****ing forcing your ass to play this game like come on. If you don't like it ****ing don't play it.
You find Warband more balanced and more enjoying? It's fine go play Warband but you spent money for a game that was not finished yet(for god knows what reason) and you agreed that the game will be broken at some parts, there will be bugs, combat will be not fine-tuned etc etc and yet most people here are *****ing that this game is inferior to Warband and "they're returning to Warband" good **** off to Warband you can touch your willy pete there if you want.
How old is Warband? 11 years. Maybe like 9 years of development? I also heard from a lot of warband boomers that Warband had trash balance at first and they fine-tuned the game overtime, like they're going to do to this game. I understand the rage for no custom servers but **** off with that Warband 2.0 idea just slap some ENB or texture packs to Warband and go ****ing play it if you want to.
I know the production has been slow like a ****ing truck but we agreed to give money to an unfinished game did we? No one ****ing forced you.
Which is why Warband multiplayer numbers are higher than Bannerlord. Hell I checked a few weeks back and Mercenaries, a single mod for Warband had more people playing it than Bannerlord.
Telling us to **** off back to warband is exactly what happened and theres barerly anyone playing this game anymore.How about you stop defending bad decisions and broken mechanics and accept the fact that the game has been in a bad state for a very long time, and every patch brings it closer and closer to death.

Did I insult your mom in my previous message or something ?

You should take a deep breath man, also, unfortunately for you, I didn't pay for the game, Taleworlds kindly sent it to us for free because we took part in a tournament back in 2017 in Bucharest. We also took part in the Alpha of the game in order to give feedbacks so that we could try to enhance the experience for everybody.

Also, going back to Warband is exactly what most people are doing right now.

If you enjoy the game, good for you, still you've got a big problem if you think this game lives up to the expectations of the players.

Anyway, I didn't specifically wanted a " Warband 2.0 " I don't give a f**k about the name of the game, but what I wanted, like most people, was a better game in every aspect, which is not the case and which is a shame though because it's visually a great game and there are good ideas. For example the first time I played a siege in Bannerlord, I was mesmerized by the map, the catapults, throwing rocks,... for a few minutes I felt like a kid again, but a few hours later the gameplay/collision problems/lack of control in melee fights, the arcady feeling you have when playing archer/xbow, the awkward character movements, the class system and its lack of balance,... completely ruined the experience for me.

Last edited:
How about you stop defending bad decisions and broken mechanics and accept the fact that the game has been in a bad state for a very long time, and every patch brings it closer and closer to death.
I don't like devs decisions either and wish they would ****ing take our opinion more to "heart". If they did from the start it would've been a much better game.
Besides I know %90 of the people are just waiting for those mods of yours to come out and majority doesn't give a **** about this game.
Did I insult your mom in my previous message or something ?
I did not insult you nor your opinion. I'm just tired of "duuh Warband 2.0 duuh" ****.
If you enjoy the game, good for you, still you've got a big problem if you think this game lives up to the expectations of the players.
It ****ing doesn't, hell I was at middle school when this game was announced and have been hyped up ever since and it let me down on many aspects. It especially breaks my heart that SP lacks so much content.

"Why are people comparing to the previous title"

It's like crying when people will obviously will compare warhammer 1 to warhammer 2 or any game that has more then one title in the franchise.

Common sense has been thrown out of the window for some of you trying to act like you are somehow superior by defending bannerlord.

"Why are people comparing to the previous title"

It's like crying when people will obviously will compare warhammer 1 to warhammer 2 or any game that has more then one title in the franchise.

Common sense has been thrown out of the window for some of you trying to act like you are somehow superior by defending bannerlord.
Warhammer 2 is like an expansion to 1 and Wh3 will be like that as well, I don't think that is a healthy comparison.
Can you send me the part where I said or meant I was superior because I "defended" Bannerlord?
Of course devs should've been taken lessons from Warband but some people here legit wants Bannerlord to be basically the copy-paste of same old **** Warband mechanics with better graphics. Because it is not, they ***** about it in every post.

I don't support many of devs decisions lol imo they keep ****ing up the game but this is not my point.

Warhammer 2 is like an expansion to 1 and Wh3 will be like that as well, I don't think that is a healthy comparison.
Can you send me the part where I said or meant I was superior because I "defended" Bannerlord?
Of course devs should've been taken lessons from Warband but some people here legit wants Bannerlord to be basically the copy-paste of same old **** Warband mechanics with better graphics. Because it is not, they ***** about it in every post.

I don't support many of devs decisions lol imo they keep ****ing up the game but this is not my point.
Why do you feel like i am talking about you?

Also why do you assume it's wrong for people to want warband with better graphics? It's a completely valid opinion like any other.

Also why do you assume it's wrong for people to want warband with better graphics? It's a completely valid opinion like any other.
If you wanna play the same old game for 10 more years it's fine it's your opinion.
But it is not ok to ***** about it not being so in every 2 thread, we ****in get it that the said person is sad.
People are acting like Warband was 10/10 in every aspect and as if it were the game of century type of **** and it's ok if you don't like Bannerlord go play Warband no one forces you to stay in Bannerlord, but the amount of *****ing is just ridiculous.
Probably I'm putting this the wrong way lmao.

Back
Top Bottom