Why do parties now cost aroud 2k

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried to send my companions to look for recruits, 1st I thought it was some bug with the brother (who doesnt even move in sieges). But then I sent another companion with low levels and it costs around 1950, the same moment I just send her. Is this a bug?

Would like to know, too. Bug or balancing feature? Maybe it's a kind of smart money you have to pay to him/her for him/her lacking your's godly companionship in a single party? :roll:

Fırst few days your companion will get 2000 denars/days bacause he/she will fill her inventory, reach a capital(5000 or 10000 denars AFAIK); after filling the the ranks, party will make some profits to you( killing bandists , defeating lords selling loot, quests etc.)

Profit depend on capital, you will get some % of (total denar of party - wages - capital) (ex. 12500 - 500 - 10000 =2000 and 2000x % 40(dont know exact number) = 800

if the score is negative you will pay more.

I tried to explain as clear as i can, i hope u can understand.

Features like this would really benefit from in game text explaining it.

I feel it should be explained in two locations:
1. A “Mechanics” tab in the encyclopedia. A mechanic could be explained in mathematical terms what exactly a mechanic is, such as @whentheragequithappens kindly listed.
2. Immersive dialogue prompt:
“My lord, I am honored to lead a party in our clan’s name. It will, of course, need substantial funding for the first few days to acquire appropriate supplies. Can the clan commit to —— money for ——- days in order to secure our success? After which we shall depend on our own wits for financial security”

Features like this would really benefit from in game text explaining it.

I feel it should be explained in two locations:
1. A “Mechanics” tab in the encyclopedia. A mechanic could be explained in mathematical terms what exactly a mechanic is, such as @whentheragequithappens kindly listed.
2. Immersive dialogue prompt:
“My lord, I am honored to lead a party in our clan’s name. It will, of course, need substantial funding for the first few days to acquire appropriate supplies. Can the clan commit to —— money for ——- days in order to secure our success? After which we shall depend on our own wits for financial security”
I imagine that will come eventually, but while we're in EA, things are changing so frequently, it would probably require a whole extra level of internal approvals processes for text to manage that might slow down the already pressured release schedule. So it's probably a lower priority.

Fırst few days your companion will get 2000 denars/days bacause he/she will fill her inventory, reach a capital(5000 or 10000 denars AFAIK); after filling the the ranks, party will make some profits to you( killing bandists , defeating lords selling loot, quests etc.)

Profit depend on capital, you will get some % of (total denar of party - wages - capital) (ex. 12500 - 500 - 10000 =2000 and 2000x % 40(dont know exact number) = 800

if the score is negative you will pay more.

I tried to explain as clear as i can, i hope u can understand.
This is a good explanation.

I didnt know that this was the case, and I have 2400 days in one of my playthroughs!

I think this would be easy for the player to understand, if for example, the capital was shown in a new screen (A Finances Screen) - just like workshops have - so that the play can visualize the state of those extra parties.

I have a link to a Finance Screen suggestion here -> Finance Screen, As Own Screen Like Party, Inventory, Clan, Kingdom | TaleWorlds Forums

Is it me or in general wages became more expensive?

Also in general is better to play as Faction leader than lord in a faction. I recently started playing again and was with the Khuzaits.

I have 2 cities and 3 castles, 4 workshops (800), and was losing money, had to reduce my garrisons to 50-60 castles, 100 (cities). And still was red 3500 / 4000.

Formed another party to help leveling party leader, it's better to fill it yourself than let them do it, as you all said suddenly they waste tons of dennars, plus if you are at war they will be called to armies or attacked by enemy parties.

Is it me or in general wages became more expensive?

Also in general is better to play as Faction leader than lord in a faction. I recently started playing again and was with the Khuzaits.

I have 2 cities and 3 castles, 4 workshops (800), and was losing money, had to reduce my garrisons to 50-60 castles, 100 (cities). And still was red 3500 / 4000.

Formed another party to help leveling party leader, it's better to fill it yourself than let them do it, as you all said suddenly they waste tons of dennars, plus if you are at war they will be called to armies or attacked by enemy parties.
I though party expenses skyrocketed in 1.5.6, they seem slightly better in 1.5.7 -> but I think it is due to the explained mechanic above. I had the same -4K issue you spoke of -> I had 7 workshops, 7 caravans, 2 towns, 1 castle.

I ended up disbanding parties and getting less garrisons.

A good method is to keep the 1-3 parties WITH you in an army (you should have about 6-900 men), and you can engage in battles and your clan members will get money through looting....

My advice (what has worked nicely, although been extremely difficult - yet rewarding - to accomplish -> Faction leader).

Make sure you have a tier 5-6 clan, lots of money (2-3 million?), and good relations with lords

If you aren't at war with anyone, or are only at war with a minor faction or two, then your companion's party will generally have only bandit parties to attack, and thus will be unable to break even (much less make a profit). Meanwhile, if you're at war with a proper faction, then chances are high that your companion's party will soon be defeated by a stronger party.

Thus, I've found that companion parties are not worth using, except for on rare occasions when my own party is also present. For example, I've sometimes had a companion take my cavalry and break away from my large, slow party to engage a smaller, faster enemy party that I cannot catch. After they engage, I can catch up and join the battle.

However, this can backfire badly; sometimes, my companion takes my cavalry and jets off in the opposite direction, e.g. toward a distant village to get recruits I don't want, and since he's faster, I can't catch up to him until he's already gotten all of these recruits I don't have room for. Worse, it wastes a lot of in-game time while I chase him down (and it guarantees the enemy party escapes).

It's maddening that I'm unable to issue specific instructions, no matter how simple, to my companions when giving them control of a party. For example, "Chase down that party and then rejoin me." It's similarly frustrating to being unable to tell companions in battle to 'kite' the enemy, avoiding melee contact and retreating out of range when taking heavy fire, and fleeing the battlefield altogether if significantly wounded.

Companions are supposed to be an asset, not a liability. Right now, they're straddling the border between those two, since companion permadeath has been effectively forced on us (as it cannot be disabled without removing all character aging).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom