long glaive not available

Users who are viewing this thread

I started a run as khuzait and there is literally no long glaive,
checked every trader and it's not available
seems like a potential bug.
Im @ clan tier 2

Playing with the latest stable patch.

Last edited:
Could be that there are other items available for the store to make now so it doesn't always appear in the same places. I've baught it in 1.5.7 but iirc it wasn't in the shop I usually find it. I don't think you clan rank matters.

If oyu're desperate head to desert and get a polesword

long glaive is my fav weapon

wide range, crazy damage with speed, sometimes I got 400+ damage
I just love killing enemy Calvary and lords

Doesn't prosperity play a role in what's available in stores? If that's the case, give it time, it will show up at some point.

I'm playing the current hotfixed beta and just bought a long glaive a couple of hours ago. Did you try checking in other Khuzait towns? I found mine in a town that normally doesn't have them because they weren't in the town I usually buy them in.

It's probably similar to my trials and tribulations looking for a Vlandia heavy lance sometimes (Don't know why that's my favourite, but it is).

There's usually one there in the firs few days of a new game. Sometimes I pick it up in the first Vlandian city I stop at, sometimes the last.

Could be that there are other items available for the store to make now so it doesn't always appear in the same places. I've baught it in 1.5.7 but iirc it wasn't in the shop I usually find it. I don't think you clan rank matters.

If oyu're desperate head to desert and get a polesword

dont you find long glaive is far far better than long lance?? I almost never use lance in battle

lance is very easy to miss target, you only poke on one spot, if the target is moving little , you are missing it
while swing a long glaive can barely miss it, even target is moving. one big swing, and KIA 80-90% chance, if you use lance, you probably on hit 30-40% chance

dont you find long glaive is far far better than long lance?? I almost never use lance in battle

lance is very easy to miss target, you only poke on one spot, if the target is moving little , you are missing it
while swing a long glaive can barely miss it, even target is moving. one big swing, and KIA 80-90% chance, if you use lance, you probably on hit 30-40% chance
Yes Long glaive is best melee weapon in the game IMO, but other horizontal swinging polearms are okay too, like the polesword and normal glaive, if you can't fine one. One of the over looked advantages of the horizontal swinging polarms is that unlike lance/spear, you don't have to moving directly towards the enemy to hit them. Moving towards the enemy puts you at a great risk for a speed boosted hit or shot that can even 1 shot you. But with swinging polearms it easy to stay moving more adjacent and still hit.

It is better by far. I never use glaives or similar weapons (like menavlions) because they are not balanced and I feel ridiculous swinging them. I only experience them in the hand of enemies or when my char is incapacitated and I play further as a NPC with a glaive (I try to avoid them as my troops but sometimes that's not possible), and even these few occasions showed me the might of them.

Yes Long glaive is best melee weapon in the game IMO, but other horizontal swinging polearms are okay too, like the polesword and normal glaive, if you can't fine one. One of the over looked advantages of the horizontal swinging polarms is that unlike lance/spear, you don't have to moving directly towards the enemy to hit them. Moving towards the enemy puts you at a great risk for a speed boosted hit or shot that can even 1 shot you. But with swinging polearms it easy to stay moving more adjacent and still hit.
yeah exactly, its very long range , like 200 range, it swing and cut enemy lancer before they can poke me
I find lancer very difficult to use , in tornaments, I rarely wins with lancer.

yeah exactly, its very long range , like 200 range, it swing and cut enemy lancer before they can poke me
I find lancer very difficult to use , in tornaments, I rarely wins with lancer.

You can develop a feeling for lance or spear by using it, as always. My main weapon is the spear or lance, if you get a long one, no glaive swinger is a fundamental problem (except they ride from behind and cut you in two by surprise). However I'm using mods, so maybe it's different in vanilla.

The mods make spears/lances more effective on the one hand and NPCs block a lot more on the other hand, so frequently the glaive boys simply block my thrusts. They always block for 100% if they see me coming, so you have to use distraction to nail them. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom