Open Performance issue when moving cursor

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiny Wizard

Recruit
Hi,

I have played Warband before on different computers without problem. I got myself a new computer a while back and decided to install Warband on it yesterday. However, I encountered a problem. Whenever I am on the map or in a menu screen, for example talking to an NPC or buying things, my fps drops to unplayable levels when I am moving my cursor around. Would you have any idea of how I could fix this? Because I have tried everything from reinstalling the game (removing all the files in the Documents folder as well), disabling any programs that have to do with my mouse, reinstalling my graphics drivers and even reverting to older drivers. I even reset my whole computer but the issue still persisted when I reinstalled the game.

I don't have GOG Galaxy overlay and I also tried disabling Steam overlay and Nvidia overlay but none of those fixed my issue.

Ok it seems like you are on to something. Lowering my mouse's polling rate made the issue much less prevalent and increasing it made the issue much worse. Playing on a polling rate of 125 is actually playable so I thank you so much for this!

I was gonna advise using hardware cursor but there seems no way to do this in the options menu. (Some small games i play cause lags with custom cursor images, using Microsoft's default cursor soles this usually in those games.)

Hi,

I have played Warband before on different computers without problem. I got myself a new computer a while back and decided to install Warband on it yesterday. However, I encountered a problem. Whenever I am on the map or in a menu screen, for example talking to an NPC or buying things, my fps drops to unplayable levels when I am moving my cursor around. Would you have any idea of how I could fix this? Because I have tried everything from reinstalling the game (removing all the files in the Documents folder as well), disabling any programs that have to do with my mouse, reinstalling my graphics drivers and even reverting to older drivers. I even reset my whole computer but the issue still persisted when I reinstalled the game.
Hello, look for my thread there are 2 possible solutions. Btw its a driver issue.

Back
Top Bottom