Khuzait still snowballs

Users who are viewing this thread

Seriously im getting god damn tired of this snowball bull****. Rework their freaking map movement speed perk for christ sake, Khuzait needs to be balanced so that the other AI can fight them (i dont want ANY cuck boy replying to this thread with their personal idea on how to win vs khuzait as a player, no one cares, it has NOTHING to do with this thread, this thread is about AI vs AI). I'm tired of having to f****g restart campains hoping that the next one will not get snowballed by god damn Khuzait. Its been so many months and this stupid ass problem has been ruining my game experience since day one.
Why the **** doesnt Aserai ever declare war on them ?
Why the **** do they win every siege
Why the **** do they have a perk that makes them unreachable by other AI on the world map
Why the **** do they win every and any encounter with other AI.
Why the **** are they so well positioned on the map making armies starve to death before even reaching them.
Why the **** do all my lords vote against declaring war to them
Why the **** does Southern Empire and Sturgia still suck ass vs them ?

Bring the god damn nerf hammer upon these stupid ass Khuzait already, i think its pretty clear im getting sick and tired of this ****.

I think there has been some behavioural changes. I have tried 4 different new campaigns now ( lvl 20-2:cool: and blasted through to join and go to war.

Khuzait one: Not steamrolling Northen Empire and Strugia. Heck they are still alive! Battania has taken a hit though
Strugia: what the hell we are wining? Khuzait hasnt declared war on us but Ragnvad still declares wars out of nowhere against superior foes (fighting 2 wars with Vlandia and N.Empire... why are you declaring war with Battania?)
Western Empire: We and South has taken over a lot. Barely anywars between us and Khuz has only taken 2 cities.
Aseri: a strange one, extremely passive! No one attacks them, they dont attack anyone. I think I joined them in year 1086 and in winter 1089, not a single war! Moving around with a really good aseri army... no castle or town to handle... I think I have full rep with the majority of the villiages among the sands.

I've actually besides the AI vs AI issues as mentioned, seen a huge stomp on their power in my plays now in 1.56 Beta.

Dont get me wrong I hate them with a passion still, as they are just too powerful in ai vs ai.
Since they choose all their fights.

I think they also gain to much influence perhaps as a result of this, that they win all their battles, and thats why they keep on haveing the 900 *2 armies vs other faction who can have like 2 or 3 * 500 and get decimated each time.

Maybe force the AI to instead of form multiple small armies make 1 instead that can stand toe to toe.

I see most other faction will build up camps and siege any other holding for days typically, but Khuzait just go in and boom boom, besides building the basic stuff(nothing to bombard the enemy) they then blitz it.

I do notice they struggle alot to keep the holdings though, with rebellions going of left and right.

Regardless of what makes them so fast, its "not ideal" that the devs cant just balance it out by makeing their army composition be abit more evened out so its slowed down.(or that its taken so long for it to really get in the works, as this have in general been the core of frustration for the game "not being enjoyable" for so many(or too frustrating).

The devs have already said they're working on snowballing, and that it's not actually that bad on virtual playthroughs without players. I noticed in your map that you've started taking chunks out of the Empire. Perhaps the Khuzaits might not move so quickly if you weren't weakening the factions that they're fighting?

Players don't always consider that their own actions might exacerbate snowballing problems, as they move to build their own empires, they're weakening the very factions that might otherwise stand a better chance. Again, in the post directly above this, the player's kingdom has literally gutted any ability that any of the remaining empire factions might have to resist the Khuzaits - and in a sense, the player is also snowballing the map.

The real problem with snowballing is that it is bound to happen whenever the player asserts it self on the map. The player is growing their own kingdom, or their own faction's power. They are taking from other factions ability to defend themselves. In this situation the factions that are farthest from the player will take advantage - and exacerbate the snowball. It is inevitable. In fact, I don't get why people want the map to stay basically the same, except for their own expansion. They shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

The only real way to prevent snowballing is to either 1. Have the player not expand or 2. Introduce mechanics to make expansion undesirable. The first point would break the game. They've started working on the second by adding rebellions, the impending alliance system should improve the situation somewhat more.
I didnt do anything but wait for aserai to déclare war on khuzait to allow me to start a bloodbath. Not once have they declared war with each other which lead to this crap

In MP they removed a broken map in a matter of days as a quickfix. Why cant they quickfix the ****ing khuzaits already ? Its been broken since release for fk sake. Drop their ****ing speed bonus and bring it back once the faction is balanced properly.

In MP they removed a broken map in a matter of days as a quickfix. Why cant they quickfix the ****ing khuzaits already ? Its been broken since release for fk sake. Drop their ****ing speed bonus and bring it back once the faction is balanced properly.

You know they still snowball without the faction bonus, right?

edit: the Khuzait faction bonus didn't even start working until 1.3.

I dont care if they break them temporarily. Make them completely useless for a few months while they figure out WAYS to balance them. This is affecting the game right now, like god damnit every campain is the same, is this a sandbox or a Khuzait bullying other people simulation ?
Are you seriously complaining why the most powerfull weapon of the middle ages, the horse archer, and it's faction, are so strong in a middle age simulator? lmao, you are asking for them to break the game for your personal enjoyment, buckle up and learn to fear the khuzait, or learn to defeat them.

What we needis faction infighting , and to make it easier with big factions ,more so between cultures, the khuzait should suffer from constant infighting, to counter their advantages, we are sseeing this starting with rebelions, wait for civil wars.

Are you seriously complaining why the most powerfull weapon of the middle ages, the horse archer, and it's faction, are so strong in a middle age simulator? lmao, you are asking for them to break the game for your personal enjoyment, buckle up and learn to fear the khuzait, or learn to defeat them.

What we needis faction infighting , and to make it easier with big factions ,more so between cultures, the khuzait should suffer from constant infighting, to counter their advantages, we are sseeing this starting with rebelions, wait for civil wars.
This is not a simulation, this is a video game with FICTIONAL factions. There is nothing historical except for some references. I dont give a **** about the faction you claim the Khuzait are based on, if Taleworlds wanted to be history teachers, they would be teaching history, not making games. Khuzait is its OWN thing. Calradia is its own story with its own implications and wether you like it or not, Taleworlds want their game to be balanced. It would be a massive lack of developper's integrity to accept a blatant inbalance in their video game. The developpers are aware that Khuzait are overpowered and are working on fixing them, and here i am telling them that the recent updates do not fix the issue at all and i suggest they break the khuzait TEMPORARILY so that we can enjoy playing against the other factions for a bit and not having to focus all our god damn energy on the snowballing faction every single campain. You are free to play vs Khuzait 20 campains in a row if it pleases you, it doesnt please everyone. This is a sandbox and therefore every game should be and feel different than the previous one. In a true sandbox game, any faction should have equal chances to end up beating the others with 0 player intervention.

They have some nerfs for the next hotfix of the beta version/next version which includes a nerf to cavalry movement speed. They know it's an issue, they just don't want to go overboard with their nerfs and make it like Sturgia before 1.5.4.

This is not a simulation, this is a video game with FICTIONAL factions. There is nothing historical except for some references. I dont give a **** about the faction you claim the Khuzait are based on, if Taleworlds wanted to be history teachers, they would be teaching history, not making games. Khuzait is its OWN thing. Calradia is its own story with its own implications and wether you like it or not, Taleworlds want their game to be balanced. It would be a massive lack of developper's integrity to accept a blatant inbalance in their video game. The developpers are aware that Khuzait are overpowered and are working on fixing them, and here i am telling them that the recent updates do not fix the issue at all and i suggest they break the khuzait TEMPORARILY so that we can enjoy playing against the other factions for a bit and not having to focus all our god damn energy on the snowballing faction every single campain. You are free to play vs Khuzait 20 campains in a row if it pleases you, it doesnt please everyone. This is a sandbox and therefore every game should be and feel different than the previous one. In a true sandbox game, any faction should have equal chances to end up beating the others with 0 player intervention.
Again as I said. They're still in the progress of nerfing them in patches that haven't been released yet.

"Some references" is a woeful understatement. Every faction is based on a certain culture. Their city names and architecture. Unit names and looks in term of armor. Even the damn titles of their lords and kings are based on historical names. Even the games lore has direct copy paste history from another historical cultures or at the very least references that aren't subtle at all.

If we look at the Khuzaits expansion from another angle than just "Khuzaits OP" (Which they are, don't get me wrong). Their primary enemies from the start is the Northern and Southern empires. Two factions always beset fighting eachother or another kingdom on their western border. Which leads to an easy expansion at the very start for the Khuzaits.

I understand that you're angry, and I also think that the Khuzaits are OP. But screaming at people who disagree with you is not how you fix an issue. It just creates more issues since eventually mods are gonna start having to intervene. We all agree that we want Bannerlord to be an amazing game, but we should try to at least be civil :smile:

They have some nerfs for the next hotfix of the beta version/next version which includes a nerf to cavalry movement speed. They know it's an issue, they just don't want to go overboard with their nerfs and make it like Sturgia before 1.5.4.

Again as I said. They're still in the progress of nerfing them in patches that haven't been released yet.

"Some references" is a woeful understatement. Every faction is based on a certain culture. Their city names and architecture. Unit names and looks in term of armor. Even the damn titles of their lords and kings are based on historical names. Even the games lore has direct copy paste history from another historical cultures or at the very least references that aren't subtle at all.

If we look at the Khuzaits expansion from another angle than just "Khuzaits OP" (Which they are, don't get me wrong). Their primary enemies from the start is the Northern and Southern empires. Two factions always beset fighting eachother or another kingdom on their western border. Which leads to an easy expansion at the very start for the Khuzaits.

I understand that you're angry, and I also think that the Khuzaits are OP. But screaming at people who disagree with you is not how you fix an issue. It just creates more issues since eventually mods are gonna start having to intervene. We all agree that we want Bannerlord to be an amazing game, but we should try to at least be civil :smile:

I am civil when comments make sense, anybody saying "its okay for khuzait to be OP, they should be OP and should remain OP" in a video game grinds my gear...

I am civil when comments make sense, anybody saying "its okay for khuzait to be OP, they should be OP and should remain OP" in a video game grinds my gear...

Thats your opinion not Law. Personally i fricken loathe game balance where all factions are equal - like i said before if im playing a WW2 strategy game id want Germany to steamroll unless i find the wherewithall to stop them -Bulgaria and Finland should not have equal chance. This is fictional but theres no reason the dynamics cant be the same -that being dominant and lowly factions. Its all up to the author of the game -not tantrum minded children. To me its how they are achieving dominance and are there interesting mechanics for other AI factions to counter this -now if thats lacking Id agree that its a lame presentation

My playthrough must be special then, because in my current one the Khuzait are near obliteration by the Sturgians & SE. And I'm playing on 1.5.5 without the added effects of rebellions.

Thats your opinion not Law. Personally i fricken loathe game balance where all factions are equal - like i said before if im playing a WW2 strategy game id want Germany to steamroll unless i find the wherewithall to stop them -Bulgaria and Finland should not have equal chance. This is fictional but theres no reason the dynamics cant be the same -that being dominant and lowly factions. Its all up to the author of the game -not tantrum minded children. To me its how they are achieving dominance and are there interesting mechanics for other AI factions to counter this -now if thats lacking Id agree that its a lame presentation

It is very lacking. The other factions do not have the necessary tools to counter them, except for Aserai. Aserai is never declaring war to them in any campain i've been in. So basicly the faction most suited to fight against Khuzait never fights them.

"In MP they removed a broken map in a matter of days as a quickfix. Why cant they quickfix the ****ing khuzaits already ? Its been broken since release for fk sake. Drop their ****ing speed bonus and bring it back once the faction is balanced properly."
Your original statement seems not to agree with what you say.

People view balance in Single Player (And even multiplayer) differently depending on their own experiences and opinions. A lot of people agree that the Khuzaits are OP and Taleworlds are conservatively trying to nerf them to a more reasonable level.

This is the latest info we have when it comes to the snowballing issues.

As you can see. Factions like the Khuzaits have a 7/18 times where their snowballing score is over 50 with a few close ones. Now this is nowhere the ideal numbers, but if you compare the numbers to the older numbers it's much lower than before. Even if you combined 5 games (Which is 1 more than the other tests) where the Khuzaits were doing their absolute best, you will see that the average in total is in fact way lower than it was in 1.5.5 and especially 1.5.4.

The Khuzaits are still above average and they should still get nerfed as patches come out in various ways while buffing factions like the Sturgians who seem to not catch a break (As the Khuzaits get nerfed. The NE and SE are bound to do much better. They don't need buffs in my opinion).

"In MP they removed a broken map in a matter of days as a quickfix. Why cant they quickfix the ****ing khuzaits already ? Its been broken since release for fk sake. Drop their ****ing speed bonus and bring it back once the faction is balanced properly."
Your original statement seems not to agree with what you say.

People view balance in Single Player (And even multiplayer) differently depending on their own experiences and opinions. A lot of people agree that the Khuzaits are OP and Taleworlds are conservatively trying to nerf them to a more reasonable level.

This is the latest info we have when it comes to the snowballing issues.

As you can see. Factions like the Khuzaits have a 7/18 times where their snowballing score is over 50 with a few close ones. Now this is nowhere the ideal numbers, but if you compare the numbers to the older numbers it's much lower than before. Even if you combined 5 games (Which is 1 more than the other tests) where the Khuzaits were doing their absolute best, you will see that the average in total is in fact way lower than it was in 1.5.5 and especially 1.5.4.

The Khuzaits are still above average and they should still get nerfed as patches come out in various ways while buffing factions like the Sturgians who seem to not catch a break (As the Khuzaits get nerfed. The NE and SE are bound to do much better. They don't need buffs in my opinion).

I dont know what it is with Sturgia, but they are always at war with 3 factions at the same time, what the hell is up with that ? How can they defend themselves against Khuzait while having Vlandia and Battania in the rear. Aserai needs to start declaring war WAY more so that Sturgia and Aserai start sandwishing Khuzait.

I dont know what it is with Sturgia, but they are always at war with 3 factions at the same time, what the hell is up with that ? How can they defend themselves against Khuzait while having Vlandia and Battania in the rear.
Also if you look at Batannia and Vlandia, I love how you can see how much those 2 are bound to kill one another whilst not caring about the rest of the world.

Meanwhile the Aserai be like "You want some Caravans?" :razz:

Also if you look at Batannia and Vlandia, I love how you can see how much those 2 are bound to kill one another whilst not caring about the rest of the world.

Meanwhile the Aserai be like "You want some Caravans?" :razz:
Meanwhile Southern Empire gets besieged by Khuzait and then use the following thought process "Should we defend ourselves against Khuzait ? HELL NAH, lets declare war to western empire"

No question the strategic AI needs serious work

Making Aserai agressive toward Khuzait would already be a good step in the right direction. No faction should be peaceful with the faction they share borders with, this creates inbalance as well. Like everybody gets gangbanged except for certain factions ?

Basically Khuzaits barely have any foot soldiers. Most of them are cav or cav archers się they are fast as **** and they always choose their battles. Autocalc is also in favour for them cause cav units get buff in autocalc and there is no counter for that. So an army of Khuzaits cav has advantage also in even numbered battles.

The AI cheat to upgrade cav without the need of horses in inventory is another thing that gives them advantage.

Back
Top Bottom