What will sally out mission battles be like? (edited, they are planned)

Users who are viewing this thread

Blood Gryphon

Grandmaster Knight
Hey @Dejan do you guys have any plans to develop mission scenes for sally out battles at fiefs? got any details on sally out missions?

Right now we just get a normal battle map, but it would be really cool if we got a mix of a castle/battle map where the attackers are surrounded and defenders of the castles/towns actually sally out like they do when attackers are retreating during a siege mission. I imagine this as a fight before the actual siege mission occurs, so it wouldn't need to have actual siege AI, if the defenders lose they should just retreat back into the castle to end the mission, then return back to the typical siege campaign screen to either prepare longer or start the actual siege.

Considering the design choice to not have AI lords enter castles to defend, all we every get for actual castle defenses in AI armies is battles. If the design choice is final that's fine but the result is rarely getting to defend sieges (although when it does happen it is epic). I'd prefer just siege defensives but given the design choice I feel like mission scenes of the sally outs are necessary to give us any feeling of actually defending castles.

Community do you guys think this is necessary or are the current battle fights for sally outs ok with you?

Edited: As @scarface52 points out they are planned

Last edited:

Is it not the sally out system at 3:52? I really hope the add is back like this.

Holy ****ing **** that looks amazing, im blown away.

No we don't have that yet, we just get thrown into a normal battle........

God it hurts to see bannerlord sieges were better in 2016 (they even let you decide what to build as defenders, we cant currently). What the hell happened.

Jesus this video is giving me cancer, they even had negotiating peace by trading fiefs and prisoner exchanges...........

God it hurts to see bannerlord sieges were better in 2016 (they even let you decide what to build as defenders, we cant currently). What the hell happened.

Jesus this video is giving me cancer, they even had negotiating peace by trading fiefs and prisoner exchanges...........
The way they all come swarming from the camp man, it really is depressing seeing how much it's regressed.
0914c0e3435803454234e0d89476c802.png

So basically you can use the sally out option to spawn with cavalry and then once you've sallied out you can go into the main battle without cavalry. I just can't understand why they would remove it, like why the **** are they showing it to us if it needed to be removed or reworked.

Give us these great features ****ing hell

Hey @Dejan do you guys have any plans to develop mission scenes for sally out battles at fiefs? got any details on sally out missions?

Right now we just get a normal battle map, but it would be really cool if we got a mix of a castle/battle map where the attackers are surrounded and defenders of the castles/towns actually sally out like they do when attackers are retreating during a siege mission. I imagine this as a fight before the actual siege mission occurs, so it wouldn't need to have actual siege AI, if the defenders lose they should just retreat back into the castle to end the mission, then return back to the typical siege campaign screen to either prepare longer or start the actual siege.

Considering the design choice to not have AI lords enter castles to defend, all we every get for actual castle defenses in AI armies is battles. If the design choice is final that's fine but the result is rarely getting to defend sieges (although when it does happen it is epic). I'd prefer just siege defensives but given the design choice I feel like mission scenes of the sally outs are necessary to give us any feeling of actually defending castles.

Community do you guys think this is necessary or are the current battle fights for sally outs ok with you?

please add to your post and ask about a special scene for when an army comes to relieve the besieged.
getting caught beneath the walls should be super deadly.
one is basically caught between a hammer and an anvil.
the auto calculation for AI battles should reflect this.
also, the scene should depict this.

it should be a continuation of the siege scene. just the besiegers are sandwiched between the walls and the relieving army.
the garrison should start sallying out when you attack.

Click on my veteran signature banner, press play, let's hug and cry together brother. ? ?

Seems to me that they did something that broke all of those mechanics into pieces. Now after dropping the ones they have no idea how to implement or rather no time/manpower to do so, they are working on rebuilding the ones they decided they can implement.

Seems to me that they did something that broke all of those mechanics into pieces. Now after dropping the ones they have no idea how to implement or rather no time/manpower to do so, they are working on rebuilding the ones they decided they can implement.
Woah. Hey where can I buy THIS game? Even the UI seems a helluva lot nicer than the current one.
The way they all come swarming from the camp man, it really is depressing seeing how much it's regressed.

So basically you can use the sally out option to spawn with cavalry and then once you've sallied out you can go into the main battle without cavalry. I just can't understand why they would remove it, like why the **** are they showing it to us if it needed to be removed or reworked.

Give us these great features ****ing hell

Only two options:

1) they had it working so well back then, didn't release it, broke it, then refused to go back to the previous version.

2) it was bespoke dog-and-pony bull**** for purposes of building hype and nonfunctional otherwise.

Click on my veteran signature banner, press play, let's hug and cry together brother. ? ?
giphy.gif

Only two options:

1) they had it working so well back then, didn't release it, broke it, then refused to go back to the previous version.

2) it was bespoke dog-and-pony bull**** for purposes of building hype and nonfunctional otherwise.
Has to be 2 right? Like they must have only had it working for that specific castle for the hype. I hope its not 1 but I got a bad feeling

Is it not the sally out system at 3:52? I really hope the add it back like this.

This is from 2016 and unfortunately they changed the entire game mechanics after 2016-2017. They said they implement it in future but I'm pretty sure it wont be the same as this.

Is it not the sally out system at 3:52? I really hope the add it back like this.

It looks like all they'd have to do to is make cavalry units spawn with horses. Didn't they just get the group of cavalry to follow them through the gate and then charge?

It looks like all they'd have to do to is make cavalry units spawn with horses. Didn't they just get the group of cavalry to follow them through the gate and then charge?

Yep but as You saw the gate opened and closed automatically. Normally You would need to open it Yourself. Cav in siege could be usefull with horses so You can kill some ranged units before other gets closer to the gate.

Yep but as You saw the gate opened and closed automatically. Normally You would need to open it Yourself. Cav in siege could be usefull with horses so You can kill some ranged units before other gets closer to the gate.
Oh yeah the gate. I don't think this should be one of those things that was scrapped and can no longer be implemented though. Seems fairly straightforward. Maybe it was to do with horses messing up pathfinding or something.

Oh yeah the gate. I don't think this should be one of those things that was scrapped and can no longer be implemented though. Seems fairly straightforward. Maybe it was to do with horses messing up pathfinding or something.

Right now everything is messed up with pathing in sieges. I fought today to capture Ab Cormer (Ab Corner?) castle. I had to rush without battering ram and siege towers so the only way in was ladders. My inf stood belowe the walls trying to kill the enemy with deadly gaze instead of climbing the fricking ladders. The funny thing is as soon as i ordered them to attack they climbed all laders without a single problem but the FPS dropped to like 15. The GPU is not used much but when they start to go onto the walls i can easly boil water on my CPU.

Right now everything is messed up with pathing in sieges. I fought today to capture Ab Cormer (Ab Corner?) castle. I had to rush without battering ram and siege towers so the only way in was ladders. My inf stood belowe the walls trying to kill the enemy with deadly gaze instead of climbing the fricking ladders. The funny thing is as soon as i ordered them to attack they climbed all laders without a single problem but the FPS dropped to like 15. The GPU is not used much but when they start to go onto the walls i can easly boil water on my CPU.
Yeah siege battles in Battania are especially ridiculous.

Whow, excited about that. the preview looked awesome.
Again I would like to advocate the ability to fight as your governor in a defensive siege. The gameplay is centered around you clan anyway and you would not spend a lot of time waiting in your fief with your MC for a siege that might not happen. I know your party strength is changed in the siege calculation for the AI, but still.

Back
Top Bottom