Taleworlds™ starts making another game/dlc before Bannerlord is finished. "Unannounced Project™"

Users who are viewing this thread

But their decisions don't even make sense from a money perspective. They should be doing way more to reassure people that the 1.0 release won't just be a slightly reshuffled version of what we have now. Even normies who don't think about bannerlord every week aren't happy.

Right now they're coasting on a massive wave of hype and goodwill from the breakout success that was warband, but the real fallout will be in a few years from now when they announce a dlc or new game, and everyone says "remember bannerlord".

Yeah it's actually to bad they got such a good score on Steam, dont know why so many gave it a positive actually but that's the most digging the casual player will do and they'll see that and think "This is a great game" buy it and then it really isn't.

There have been plenty of contradictory statements coming out, its more just a side effect of the poor company structure than anything else. AVRC, one of the main MP guys, said "this is exactly what we are planning" in response to an unambiguous post about microtransactions, before saying "to clarify, this is not what we are doing" literally hours later, presumably after someone at the office told him off.

I don't think they're explicitly lying, I just think there is no clear idea of where the game is headed.
So you think the repetitive gameplay they implemented to hide the lack of content and selling said content in later DLCs is just TW being confused? Don´t know about that.

Yeah it's actually to bad they got such a good score on Steam, dont know why so many gave it a positive actually but that's the most digging the casual player will do and they'll see that and think "This is a great game" buy it and then it really isn't.
I actually forgot to change my review, after my rose tinted view wore off.
Changed to a negative review yesterday after 9 months of nearly no development besides most absurd bugfixes

As usual people here jumping on random conclusions. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you were flat earthers or something. You take any infromation you get and speculate the hell out of it and in the end you belive in your own conclusion like they are facts.
I don't know what you're talking about, the earth is indeed resting upon a turtle's back

Something like 90% of the reviews were given after less than an hour of playtime. People were hyped so they left stupid "IT'S HARVESTING SEASON" 10/10 reviews. This is a chronic issue with steam reviews, positive or negative, where people aren't reviewing the game, they're leaving an expression of something external to the game, whether its some stupid controversy or overall hype. The fact that there isn't some kind of gameplay timer for leaving game reviews is just nuts.

So you think the repetitive gameplay they implemented to hide the lack of content and selling said content in later DLCs is just TW being confused? Don´t know about that.

Warband has repetitive gameplay as well. Honestly I challenge you to play native for more than a few hours. It's just a less clunky but similarly barebones bannerlord.

I honestly don't think any of this is deliberate. If taleworlds was cohesive enough to devise a ruse for hiding the state of the game, they would also be competent enough to make sure the developers are all saying the same thing.

Warband has repetitive gameplay as well. Honestly I challenge you to play native for more than a few hours. It's just a less clunky but similarly barebones bannerlord.
Please just stop comparing games from 2020 to games from 2012, it doesn´t make sense. This doesn´t make Bannerlord better in any way.

You know, gaming has developed since then. As players we should expect more than that from a sequel. At least I do...

I know, but I was responding to the idea that taleworlds deliberately made the game repetitive to hide the fact that the game was barebones, rather than just being a side effect of how bad the gameplay is.
I understand.

The main difference is that Warband was very unique back then and still today. It had this magic that none other game offered the same gamplay experience (at least I don´t know a single game). In no game you were able to fight in those huge medieval battles and conquer castles/towns and so on.

But Bannerlord isn´t unique anymore and no one expected that, "we" just wanted an improved Warband with more features / better graphics and so on. We got the better graphics at least :wink:

We knew which features mods for Warband added to the game and expected that a lot of mod features would be in vanilla Bannerlord, that´s were we wrong :sad:

I honestly don't think any of this is deliberate. If taleworlds was cohesive enough to devise a ruse for hiding the state of the game, they would also be competent enough to make sure the developers are all saying the same thing.
Repetitive gameplay in open world games is pretty common, won´t argue about that. But the amount plus the lack of actual content seems strange to me. Stripping off content to sell later for extra cash is sadly also very common. Maybe you are right and its all just bad management. What ever it is, it´s not good.

I won't lie.
If they actually sell us DLCs shortly after release with additional features that should have been in vanilla bannerlord then I am just gonna pirate it.

Doesn't really surprise me anymore: even if the devs abandoned this game right now, I wouldn't flinch.

However, I wish I was smarter and saved my money for more complete and fun games instead of Bannerlord. Oh well, jokes on me: learned my lesson now, the only price being 40 euros going out the window. I can only hope the dev team actually starts adding content and the 40 euros will actually mean something. Until then, I will try finish my conquest of all kingdoms in Warband, pushing towards the final achievements.

Something like 90% of the reviews were given after less than an hour of playtime. People were hyped so they left stupid "IT'S HARVESTING SEASON" 10/10 reviews. This is a chronic issue with steam reviews, positive or negative, where people aren't reviewing the game, they're leaving an expression of something external to the game, whether its some stupid controversy or overall hype. The fact that there isn't some kind of gameplay timer for leaving game reviews is just nuts.

Yes I know and I agree. Just said that most casual players only go on the steam review % and that's enough for them. What's being said here on the forum is probably irrelevant on Taleworlds future sales.

Yep, I was one of them. I bought the game opened it and gave it a positive with saying harvesting season lol, last month I changed my vote to negative with a proper review, though I also added that I may change this review to positive when the game fully comes out, because it may actually be good.

Yep, I was one of them. I bought the game opened it and gave it a positive with saying harvesting season lol, last month I changed my vote to negative with a proper review, though I also added that I may change this review to positive when the game fully comes out, because it may actually be good.
i dont really leave riviews and would agree to an extent (would maybe gve it a mixed reivew if i could) since i feel it will get good but at the moment its not terrible but its not great either

I would argue vanilla Warband actually has more replay value and immersion than vanilla Bannerlord, as things stand currently. And it's going to continue to be that way until they restore Warband's missing features, which weren't huge or anything, but made a noticeable difference.

Agree with the rest of your post heartily.
at the moment its not terrible but its not great either
I'd sum it up as "a slight disappointment".
Right now Bannerlord does a lot of things but doesn't do any of them well. The tactical gameplay is shallow; initially impressive to fight a 500-person battle but quickly they all feel the same, just blobs mashing into each other and dying too quickly to be worth issuing orders. The melee combat, especially combat AI, still needs work. The strategy gameplay lacks options, though it's getting there. The roleplaying mechanics are almost there, I guess. The immersion they're trying to achieve is constantly broken by trying to have a conversation with an NPC and running into placeholder dialogue, or fighting the same field battle on the same map 100 times. Overall, it can be summed up as: grind very samey looters/smithing in the early game, grind slightly less samey field battles in the midgame, and once you've painted the map, there's nothing left to do. Bannerlord has made some important improvements on the last game in the series but it's also gone backwards in other ways.

For me, what changes Bannerlord from "no/bad review" to "good review" is the missing Warband features, the announced rebellions, dynasty mechanics, crime mechanics, mod tools, and polishing/balancing/adding a bit of depth to what already exists. That would make it into a truly good sequel.

Last edited:
i dont really leave riviews and would agree to an extent (would maybe gve it a mixed reivew if i could) since i feel it will get good but at the moment its not terrible but its not great either
I'd also give a mixed review if I could. Bannerlord is fun, but it lacks so many things. I gave it a 6/10

Back
Top Bottom