Taleworlds™ starts making another game/dlc before Bannerlord is finished. "Unannounced Project™"

Users who are viewing this thread

As much as I think it’s completely justified in criticising TW for **** decision making/design choices, I don’t agree with making fun of AVRC. He is one of the few devs who bothers to leave comments about what they’re doing. If I was him and reading comments like above I just wouldn’t bother to comment anymore, especially since he is commenting during his free time.

Also on the topic of the OP, I really hope they are not developing DLC for bannerlord. The game has so far to go both multiplayer and single player wise.

Yeah they need help, look it's been a week and still no fix for the death bug and they are too busy to even tell us what is up, Yes hire more people to help

You don't have to purchase any new products from them if you are so unhappy. I completely understand them working on new projects (including DLC) at this stage. Clearly it takes them a long time to develop a product so they are starting early.
I am also completely understand them working on new projects (like napoleonic wars dlc or even warband 2, or vikings etc) if they had not lied to community and make great/meaningfull patches or they are still not answering basic questions like why they blocked modders ability to host servers. Yes it takes them a long time to develop a product but do you also know how much great stuff is still waiting in the beta files from march 2020(maybe even before) in the Taleworlds there is people who knows what they are doing and doing a very great job but they are also meme developers that **** the great work of other developers done/doing and i hate that. You are defending a game that named Bannerlord but still does't have banners like why do i need to download a mod to ****ing use a banner that is in the game since beta started (maybe earlier) or why the **** the great work of sound teams voice commands for multiplayer (help , thanks, enemy spotted , regroup etc) is not in the game but we are seeing memes of others work. if you dont know what are you doing then let other developers do it ffs. I am a fanboy of this series and i want it succeeds, i want bannerlord to have healty playerbase not playing skirmish with the same group of people every day. if i dont wanted to bannerlord to succed i wont even visit the forum and write that post at 4 am. it's a love hate relationship for me now.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised.
I mean its rather a silly statement from my side. But nowadays, especially this year and with how the gaming industry became, I am sure its doable somehow

Imagine you buy a car with features that never ended up in the final product, and were never communicated to you.
Then your refund gets declined.
This is basically what is going on here.

Yet I am no lawyer or something.

As usual people here jumping on random conclusions. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you were flat earthers or something. You take any infromation you get and speculate the hell out of it and in the end you belive in your own conclusion like they are facts.

I shared this 2 months ago, and around 2.5 months ago azakhi said that he will work on an unannounced project too. Azakhi was a mp dev IIRC so might be something related to multiplayer. Or a DLC. I don't care anyway, they hired / are hiring 6-7 devs for Bannerlord, if they start pre-production of another project with 5-6 devs that's not a problem

AVRC is just a meme.

image.png

and tomorrow on the beta. (throwing axes for archer units in multiplayer.)

But he did not lie, the heavy infantry lost their throwing weapons, as well as the light infantry. In addition, the shock infantry received a weaker version of the javelin than it had before. And their throwing axes received a massive damage reduction. That's right, as he said throwing weapons now it's mostly about skirmishers. And the archer with the throwing axes is of course ridiculous, but it was just a temporary plug that had already been removed.

Interesting that they are still hiring programmers for Bannerlord, all those interns must have moved on. What they really need is a project manager to get the project into shape, not necessarily more programmers wasting time through lack of organization and planning.
This so much.

As usual people here jumping on random conclusions. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you were flat earthers or something. You take any infromation you get and speculate the hell out of it and in the end you belive in your own conclusion like they are facts.
And the only people who can do something about that are TW themself, but they don't want to clarify or give us statements.
So what else are we supposed to do than that?
Don't use the forums that we mostly only use in hopes that maybe, just maybe TW does a 180 and do what they promised us when we bought the game.
Or just swallow the pill that we paid 60 bucks for a game that doesn't even get remotely close to what it could have been?
We paid with our money to help shape this game, that is what EA is all about. Instead we got spit into our face and people like you want to even thank them for that.
No wonder the gaming industry is the ****hole that it is today with the same game releasing on a yearly basis, with 0 ambitions and a buggy mess overall. That is what yes-sayers turned our greatest hobby into

And the only people who can do something about that are TW themself, but they don't want to clarify or give us statements.
So what else are we supposed to do than that?
Just swallow the pill that we paid 60 bucks for a game that doesn't even get remotely close to what it could have been?
We paid with our money to help shape this game, that is what EA is all about. Instead we got spit into our face and people like you want to even thank them for that.
No wonder the gaming industry is the ****hole that it is today with the same game releasing on a yearly basis, with 0 ambitions and a buggy mess overall. That is what yes-sayers turned our greatest hobby into

The only thing you can do is to not pay money in advance. Same with pre-orders, never do that. But to buy something and then be constantly mad about it wont fix any problems either :grin: Reality is that companies *shock value* mostly cares about your money, I'm not saying that the devs or designers dont want to make the best game they can but they dont make the decisions sadly. So no, the problem never came from people that dont whine 24/7 but the problem started when the gaming industry became huge and a billion $ industry, it is no longer about how good the games are but money. Blizzard is a perfect example of this. Back in the days it was literally gamers and nerds that made games for uss. Mostly the same kind of people that make mods today.

Also yes Taleworlds are the worst in communicating their intent, I agree on that but this isn't healthy either.

Reality is that companies *shock value* mostly cares about your money, I'm not saying that the devs or designers dont want to make the best game they can but they dont make the decisions sadly.

But their decisions don't even make sense from a money perspective. They should be doing way more to reassure people that the 1.0 release won't just be a slightly reshuffled version of what we have now. Even normies who don't think about bannerlord every week aren't happy.

Right now they're coasting on a massive wave of hype and goodwill from the breakout success that was warband, but the real fallout will be in a few years from now when they announce a dlc or new game, and everyone says "remember bannerlord".

But their decisions don't even make sense from a money perspective. They should be doing way more to reassure people that the 1.0 release won't just be a slightly reshuffled version of what we have now. Even normies who don't think about bannerlord every week aren't happy.

Right now they're coasting on a massive wave of hype and goodwill from the breakout success that was warband, but the real fallout will be in a few years from now when they announce a dlc or new game, and everyone says "remember bannerlord".

Absolutely.

Particularly in view of the fact that, both in terms of quality and commitment, the community is always setting the bar higher and higher. I mean, I'm sure that the community will make the naval combat and navigation mechanics available much sooner for Bannerlord by the hand of an altruistic mod that Taleworlds will eventually do officially by means of a paid dlc.

It's a normal part of games development - The people working on any upcoming new projects would be pre-production teams - most developers have pre-production running on games that are years away while the main development team work on the current project, this is nothing to be concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom