AI needs better combat footworks

Users who are viewing this thread

Thats painful -the game could set up a slightly more expensive subroutine (when not alot of units detected such as a large battle) to have an AI pause when realizing its constantly missing and introduce a break step or diagonal step with some added feints. Adding an occasion charge in with a weapon/shield bash would work wonders also. Very doable but not expecting much here.

Side and backwards pedaling should also be abit slower and/or cost some stamina so it isnt endless which is silly.

I hope that they'll end up fixing it (or I want to believe). In the first months of the closed alpha/beta in 2019 the ai was performing much more efficiently (I tested it myself in the first mod of Advanced Custom Battle by Bloc). Maybe some of you remember it from that period; the icy skying walk of the first updates of the closed beta... they finally fixed it (tons of feedback after).

@cyresdog it is dedicated to you :lol:

The problem is, once again, the perception of time... the time perceived by the waiting fan differs from the time perceived by Taleworlds. :iamamoron:

I hope that they'll end up fixing it (or I want to believe). In the first months of the closed alpha/beta in 2019 the ai was performing much more efficiently (I tested it myself in the first mod of Advanced Custom Battle by Bloc). Maybe some of you remember it from that period; the icy skying walk of the first updates of the closed beta... they finally fixed it (tons of feedback after).

The problem is, once again, the perception of time... the time perceived by the waiting fan differs from the time perceived by Taleworlds. :iamamoron:

Nice. Yep. Perception is key.

Did he shat his pants?

Did he shat his pants?
Yes, and as he walked, it slipped down his leg and he stepped on it... that's why he was skating. Now he has learned to regulate his intestinal transit. :lol:

---
I have a very good memory of Blade: The Edge of Darkness an early 2001 game. I would love if the bots in Bannerlord could do this kind of simple footwork.

The facehugging must stop
. I would like to see a repeated and violent attack carried out by the player-bot, causing the enemy bot to back away. Facehug and the little train of death (enemies chasing you in a row) is what drives my crazy the most when I play any M&B.

Last edited:
The facehugging must stop. I would like to see a repeated and violent attack carried out by the player-bot, causing the enemy bot to back away. Facehug and the little train of death (enemies chasing you in a row) is what drives my crazy the most when I play any M&B.
If a game with 20 years can do it, Mount my Blade can also :sneaky:
I think they have looked at the train issue some time ago, but the problem is still on tracks.
Target selection should get some love as well, some system where if a x number of troops are chasing y number of targets or even blocks/formations taking account the strength of units, and AI bots must "communicate" with each other (or in a 2d plane some general ai that commands everything) in order to have some strategy (everything but not mob strategy, thanks).

Yes, and as he walked, it slipped down his leg and he stepped on it... that's why he was skating. Now he has learned to regulate his intestinal transit. :lol:

---
I have a very good memory of Blade: The Edge of Darkness an early 2001 game. I would love if the bots in Bannerlord could do this kind of simple footwork.

The facehugging must stop. I would like to see a repeated and violent attack carried out by the player-bot, causing the enemy bot to back away. Facehug and the little train of death (enemies chasing you in a row) is what drives my crazy the most when I play any M&B.

+1. Jesus man, where do you get these gems from?

---

That game reminds me so much of Deathtrap Dungeon. And idk why

---

That game looks pretty sweet AI wise. It shocks me why hasnt the trajectory of AI development surged thru all these years - gotta be the MP

Back
Top Bottom