• Yes

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Not sure would like to see when ive used the new one for a while

Votes: 15 13.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

After playing more I really ****ing hate the new formation UI and resent not having to option to play with the old one.
I hate how there's not feed back when input a command, your char can just blurt out nosense like "get em" when you press fire at will/hold fire.
I want message that the selected units are on hold fire or fire at well!
It's already wasting my time and getting troops killed!

I play with a controller, I don't want this at all now after playing for an hour. I like seeing my character at all times, I like the other menu because it is cool gray and subtle. Not trying to be rude here, but this is a waste of time in my opinion. Hopefully someone will mod it out if we don't get an option to revert. I know there are different teams at TW, but man is the smithy really taking a year to update?

I play with a controller, I don't want this at all now after playing for an hour. I like seeing my character at all times, I like the other menu because it is cool gray and subtle. Not trying to be rude here, but this is a waste of time in my opinion. Hopefully someone will mod it out if we don't get an option to revert. I know there are different teams at TW, but man is the smithy really taking a year to update?
If this is going to be optional I'd be ok with them using it exclusively now just to get feedback. But unfortunately TW never really tells us stuff like this, and I have a bad feeling this is going to be the way it is. If that's so I hope someone does mod it back to the original because it can really hamstring microing for example having to use 2 keystrokes to fire at will/hold fire sux. In the meantime if someone could get this mod to work for the latest build I think it would help a lot.

If this is going to be optional I'd be ok with them using it exclusively now just to get feedback. But unfortunately TW never really tells us stuff like this, and I have a bad feeling this is going to be the way it is. If that's so I hope someone does mod it back to the original because it can really hamstring microing for example having to use 2 keystrokes to fire at will/hold fire sux. In the meantime if someone could get this mod to work for the latest build I think it would help a lot.
I was reading the turkish forum a bit ago I had to use google translate though so its not perfect but @emrozdemir said that the beta versions were made to test and that he agrees it should be an option but making it optional he said would not allow them enough feedback for it to be improved and if google translated correctly the version won't go into live without the option being made optional

I was reading the turkish forum a bit ago I had to use google translate though so its not perfect but @emrozdemir said that the beta versions were made to test and that he agrees it should be an option but making it optional he said would not allow them enough feedback for it to be improved and if google translated correctly the version won't go into live without the option being made optional
Thanks for letting me know. (y)
If that's so then I'm ok with it but I shouldn't have to hear about this from a forum user because there wasn't anything about it in the 1.5.5 update that Callum posted.

Thanks for letting me know. (y)
If that's so then I'm ok with it but I shouldn't have to hear about this from a forum user because there wasn't anything about it in the 1.5.5 update that Callum posted.
He said he thought that the we are open to suggestions and feedback in the original video was enough which is why nothing was included

He said he thought that the we are open to suggestions and feedback in the original video was enough which is why nothing was included
Open to suggestions and feeback =/= we're making it optional, at least to me. I'm an idiot I need things spelled out. I shouldn't have to read between the lines. Sorry if I sound aggressive towards you, I'm just frustrated at how bad TW is at communicating with forum users.

Open to suggestions and feeback =/= we're making it optional, at least to me. I'm an idiot I need things spelled out. I shouldn't have to read between the lines. Sorry if I sound aggressive towards you, I'm just frustrated at how bad TW is at communicating with forum users.
That really isn't my place to speak I am just giving info

Believe me you are not the only one, i was pretty pissed myself when i found that wheel right in the middle of everything. This since im trying to assemble an strategy playthrough right now and was the least that i needed xD But then it settled down a little and its working fine atm even if i had to relearn commands again. I mean i was also aware that this branch is a test one and needs these kinds of feedback and such but they should made these ones an option to see if it was really welcomed or not so to speak, because resigning controls like this messes up the gamers experience ^^ especially when they turn the key bindings back or if (and not everyone are using controllers)

Last edited:
Believe me you are not the only one, i was pretty pissed myself when i found that wheel right in the middle of everything. This since im trying to assemble an strategy playthrough right now and was the least that i needed xD But then it settled down a little and its working fine atm even if i had to relearn commands again. I mean i was also aware that this branch is a test one and needs these kinds of feedback and such but they should made these ones an option to see if it was really welcomed or not so to speak, because resigning controls like this messes up the gamers experience ^^ especially when they turn the key bindings back or if
Again I'm ok with it being put on the beta branch exclusively but they just need to say "hey this will be an option once it's off the beta branch". We shouldn't have to guess or infer anything.

Again I'm ok with it being put on the beta branch exclusively but they just need to say "hey this will be an option once it's off the beta branch". We shouldn't have to guess or infer anything.
True it can be a little bit in your face at times and we have to guess the outcome. But thing is they dont really know either hens they test it on us if we like it or not which i find both humbling since they care, but on the same time its also not our job but theirs :wink: Sure they could have made an closed section though but now people know whats to be expected to go in to that branch :smile: Most gripe i had was that my save files got corrupted so i couldn't turn back and had to stay with 1.5.5

But unfortunately TW never really tells us stuff like this, and I have a bad feeling this is going to be the way it is.
I literally told this, in this exact thread.

I'll bring this disucussion up internally and if it gets approved, I'll add the option before beta goes to live.

And, other posts aswell:

@Itisausername is right. I said in the turkish forum that, I thought me writing "We're open to feedback about this change. So let us know what you think!" in the patch notes would have been enough but turns out I was mistaken.

Remember what I said on Discord?
:xf-grin:

Anyway, after playing around with it for a bit more:
  • I don't like Hold Fire being gated behind another menu.
  • What is that purple box around the infantry unit card?
  • Unit status (Move, Hold Fire, Formation) being displayed is good.
  • The placement sometimes covers the unit move order flags.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom