Parallax effect appearing when using "Start Mission" inside of editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Living_Saint

Recruit
Hi,

This is my first time using this forum so I hope the I've entered this correctly.

I've been using the Editor tool to try my hand at making some custom maps, using the different tools such as 'Parallax' within the materials.
I've noticed even with Parallax turned off, whenever I start a mission, I get what appears to be an extreme Parallax effect, regardless of if the material is using the effect or not, please see below examples;

Example #1: (In Editor)

Example #2: (In Mission)

Example #3: (In Mission)

Example #4: (In Mission)

If I use a variety of materials, please see example #4, the effect does not occur within a plane sector.
Is this just something that happens normally with the editor? Until I use X amount of materials. Or is this something I should just a workaround?
I try not to use too many materials for out-of-bounds areas and it's rather noticeable.

If there's anything I've missed let me know,

Thanks.

Solution
Hi,

This is my first time using this forum so I hope the I've entered this correctly.

I've been using the Editor tool to try my hand at making some custom maps, using the different tools such as 'Parallax' within the materials.
I've noticed even with Parallax turned off, whenever I start a mission, I get what appears to be an extreme Parallax effect, regardless of if the material is using the effect or not, please see below examples;

If I use a variety of materials, please see example #4...
Hi,

If I use a variety of materials, please see example #4, the effect does not occur within a plane sector.
Is this just something that happens normally with the editor? Until I use X amount of materials. Or is this something I should just a workaround?
I try not to use too many materials for out-of-bounds areas and it's rather noticeable.

If there's anything I've missed let me know,

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, the option to explore scenes in the editor is quite buggy - most problems experienced while riding through scenes are mission bugs, which do not occur in game. I suggest you report your bugs here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/bug-crash-reports.784/

You might want to consider exploring or testing your scenes in custom battles, which should avoid the bugs.

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, the option to explore scenes in the editor is quite buggy - most problems experienced while riding through scenes are mission bugs, which do not occur in-game. I suggest you report your bugs here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/bug-crash-reports.784/

You might want to consider exploring or testing your scenes in custom battles, which should avoid the bugs.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Righto, I'll add the map to custom battles to test going forward.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom