1.5.3 RIP Horse archers

Users who are viewing this thread

1.5.3 RIP Horse archers

What he said.

On maps like the one's we have there is no time and no space to "slow down" to get the better accuracy modifier. It was already hard, any corner some dude with a 3 meter lance could gallop in your face. You have to be flexible, react and aim in a split second and accurate af anyway lol. I just started the game up first time since about 1-2 months, saw the meele is back to some humanly managable and more immersive level but the horse archer still kills it for me. This is not normal.

Last edited:
Anyway, sorry for the offtopic and talking about SP in MP forum but I am just concerned about multiplayer devs ruining the SP because some guys asking for bringing the OP archers again. I just hope that devs find a good solution for everyone and all players can enjoy all game modes.
I think it's ok to be concerned how the same mechanics affect different gamemodes. The focus should be to find a way to make all gamemodes enjoyable while keeping mechanics konsistent with one another.

One problem that I see with archers in Captain Mode vs Singleplayer is the following: AI always targets the nearest enemy. That makes it very easy to shield a large number of shocktroops with just one unit of shields in Captain. For melee units this problem is less severe because you can always move them directly to the desired target. In SP on the other hand the units just charging the nearest enemy makes it very easy to protect many archers with a square of infantry in front of them.

TW plans to improve archer AI in 1.5.4 and I hope that the target prioritization will be one of the thinks the touch.

Back
Top Bottom