When is TW going to fix blatant cheating?

Users who are viewing this thread

ofc it is cheating.

If it is cheating then it has to be corrected, other players should not have to play against someone who is cheating. If the player refuses to stop using the cheat then some other remedy needs to be applied.

Wouldn't say it's cheating since it's the abuse of a bug and per definition i stated earlier, it's not counted as cheating.

However, that's not the point. There are people, who say it's cheating and there are people who say it is not cheating. But in every case, there are people who want a solution and the solution is a bug fix from the devs. Can the player be blamed to not change this? Yes he can, but he probably doesn't care so we can move on can't we?

Wouldn't say it's cheating since it's the abuse of a bug and per definition i stated earlier, it's not counted as cheating.

However, that's not the point. There are people, who say it's cheating and there are people who say it is not cheating. But in every case, there are people who want a solution and the solution is a bug fix from the devs. Can the player be blamed to not change this? Yes he can, but he probably doesn't care so we can move on can't we?

That position is contradictory:
- if you do not think it is cheating then why would you call for a fix?
- if you blame the player for continuing to use it what is the basis for blame if it isn't cheating?

Professional players/teams have been disqualified over bug exploits in other competitive games (1,2), and if it were used in such a setting the player/team should be repremanded.

But currently we don't even have a ranked mode, and I haven't seen this glitch used in any of the tournaments. Unless it is used there, this something for TW to fix, not repremand the player over.

That position is contradictory:
- if you do not think it is cheating then why would you call for a fix?
- if you blame the player for continuing to use it what is the basis for blame if it isn't cheating?

I call for a bug fix, even tho i don't think it's cheating.
I don't blame the player for using it, i said, people can, basis for the blame should be the bug abuse and not the cheat.

However, if that bug is common knowledge (for example banned in the BEAST ruleset) and is used in a tournament, than this is a cheat and needs to be punished. So many people abused the invisible kicks, were the top players of bannerlord banned because of cheating in that case? i don't think so because it wasn't common knowledge and declared as a break of rules

then there is nothing to fix

but some people do think there is an advantage to being smaller?
As shown in the evidence the height of forsee can clearly give him some advantages i faced him the other day and as he was that small was struggling to hit him and he runs away giving him a advantage the size difference in the vids we have shown is not acceptable. I think a reset of his height would be the correct course of action and i find it pathetic that he knows its wrong and he knows he is smaller yet hasnt reported the issue himself and carries on abusing it, it is cheating but as this is a bug aswell shouldnt be ban worthy maybe a warning as he knows he is in the wrong. U may think being smaller means less range which aint rly a problem for forsee as he plays archer usually with a 2h and will just run away, being so small it makes him a smaller target meaning another advantage as players will be less likely to hit him via projectiles.

then there is nothing to fix

but some people do think there is an advantage to being smaller?
If there was no height slider the it would be cheating. But the editor does allow for it to happen. Those who say it is advantage are saying the same that was said for months. That being smaller is an advantage, ignoring being small also gives disadvantages

If there was no height slider the it would be cheating. But the editor does allow for it to happen. Those who say it is advantage are saying the same that was said for months. That being smaller is an advantage, ignoring being small also gives disadvantages
i agree its a bug/cheat so shoudlnt rly be punished, but i think the advantages out weigh the disadvantages just my opinion

i agree its a bug/cheat so shoudlnt rly be punished, but i think the advantages out weigh the disadvantages just my opinion
It does in a lot of ways. But it's to TW to fix. People have to stop this mob mentality with bugs for no reason except because it's hard to play against. Siege was a hellhole when glitches to go to G were discovered. Yet people dont get banned for it despite giving unfair advantage

It does in a lot of ways. But it's to TW to fix. People have to stop this mob mentality with bugs for no reason except because it's hard to play against. Siege was a hellhole when glitches to go to G were discovered. Yet people dont get banned for it despite giving unfair advantage
are u reading wat i put xd i agree ban should not be happening, majority of people agree i hope, its an easy fix for an annoying bug.

Found this definition for cheating in games (source: wikipedia obv)
"Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier. Cheats may be activated from within the game itself (a cheat code implemented by the original game developers), or created by third-party software (a game trainer or debugger) or hardware (a cheat cartridge). They can also be realized by exploiting software bugs; this may or may not be considered cheating based on whether the bug is considered common knowledge. "

So, you can argue that this bug abuse is not considered cheating because the bug is common knowledge, because it's been posted here. Report the bug, let the devs do the work and hug your friends and foes :smile:
Yeah, that's why I quoted a general definition of cheating, even if he used a software or not he's taking advantages over the others and it's definitely not fair for everyone else. If you do this and refuse to take it off because some definition excuse or something you're a big prick, despite devs solve it or not

Yeah, that's why I quoted a general definition of cheating, even if he used a software or not he's taking advantages over the others and it's definitely not fair for everyone else. If you do this and refuse to take it off because some definition excuse or something you're a big prick, despite devs solve it or not

I personally think this general definition is too general, hence why I searched for a definition specifically in a gaming related context.

It's not the nicest behaviour, I agree on that, but do we exaggerate this a little bit too much? It's just a small player, just beat em up while looking down and once the devs fixed that bug, we can deal with more important problems (which we have plenty of in the MP)

I personally think this general definition is too general, hence why I searched for a definition specifically in a gaming related context.

It's not the nicest behaviour, I agree on that, but do we exaggerate this a little bit too much? It's just a small player, just beat em up while looking down and once the devs fixed that bug, we can deal with more important problems (which we have plenty of in the MP)
if you just zoom a little more out with your camera you can see the whole map, just another bug

Might as well just run a little faster than others. So how small does the character need to be to be counted as cheat?

Last edited:
if you just zoom a little more out with your camera you can see the whole map, just another bug

Might as well just run a little faster than others. So how small does the character need to be to be counted as cheat?
So small that you can't hit him. But that doesn't happen. You hit the small character in the head which makes a lot of damage

Well its not a cheating by legal terms cos he didnt use any third party software.

If you are asking if he get advantage , yes he does, does he knows that its a bug and he is abusing it on puropuse , yes he does.
You can't blame him for abusing it and enjoying it . Thats his mentality altough i dont agree with it and if i was in his place i would change it ASAP.

It is up to taleworlds to fix this.

Well its not a cheating by legal terms cos he didnt use any third party software.

If you are asking if he get advantage , yes he does, does he knows that its a bug and he is abusing it on puropuse , yes he does.
You can't blame him for abusing it and enjoying it . Thats his mentality altough i dont agree with it and if i was in his place i would change it ASAP.

It is up to taleworlds to fix this.
Of course you can blame him lmao, what are you all guys on, if I was playing cards with a dude and he was abusing some crap of the game with a lame ass arguments I would make him stop being a **** and play the game just as everyone else, now Taleworlds has to fix this? Yes of course, but this doesn't take any responsibility from the player of not abusing an obvious bug that gives an obvious advantage as other players have already stated before.

This is bug abusing, why is everyone getting worked up this?
Idk Younes works around arguments just to hate on Taleworlds and blame them on everything. I know, I don't praise Taleworlds neither but this is straight up bull**** on the hand of the player

Back
Top Bottom