Way to Give Several Unconnected Hairstyles to Soldiers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a way to tell Bannerlord to use several hairstyles on the models which are not in row in the char editor? I can give a range of hairstyles through the two keycodes for the faction villagers in the xml of course, but then it takes all the hairstyles in between, and I want to avoid at least a few of the "baldy stuff".

The game does not read the green hair tags in the snpcharacters.xml file, as far as I understand. If there would be a way to order the game using certain hairstyles with tags, where do I find their names?

Is there a way to tell Bannerlord to use several hairstyles on the models which are not in row in the char editor? I can give a range of hairstyles through the two keycodes for the faction villagers in the xml of course, but then it takes all the hairstyles in between, and I want to avoid at least a few of the "baldy stuff".

The game does not read the green hair tags in the snpcharacters.xml file, as far as I understand. If there would be a way to order the game using certain hairstyles with tags, where do I find their names?
If there are only a few native hairstyles that you object to, you could just override those assets with duplicates of hairstyles you like.

Upvote 0
That's an intriguing idea, thank you. So, I copy and rename "nice" hairstyles to the name of the "ugly" and overwrite, that simple? In what .xml are the hairstyles, if I may ask?

Upvote 0
That's an intriguing idea, thank you. So, I copy and rename "nice" hairstyles to the name of the "ugly" and overwrite, that simple? In what .xml are the hairstyles, if I may ask?

Pretty sure they are in the “skins” file as that’s where I added new default hair color, scars and eyes.
Not at home right now to check but I’m sure I saw it in there.
Btw you’ll need to check which age range your changing hairstyles for as each type (child, teen, man, women) all have their own entries and all look the same except the original id, they have hundreds of lines of code so it’s easy to get lost in that file.

Upvote 0
Alternatively, you could use the Tools editor to add duplicate hairstyle meshes of ones you like and rename them to override the meshes of the ugly ones without touching an XML. Depends if you are more comfortable with coding or modelling.

Upvote 0
When I hear "meshes" and "modeling" I go hiding under a desk, beyond my skills. :wink: But editing the xml file worked, so thank you all very much!

BTW biggest difficulty was to find why it did not show the changed hairstyles during my first trials (cause I use Detailed Character Creation mod and had to edit it's skins.xml file, of course ...).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom