Are there any plans to work on social systems?

Users who are viewing this thread

WALL-E

Recruit
I might have missed some dev updates but has there been anything said about the social side of the game. Like conversation, relationships, heaving a wedding, holding feasts, persuasion checks, more socially meaningful interactions with companions ext.?

I understand that combat, smithing, bugs, and quests are a bigger priority. But I just want to know if there was mention of plans in that area.

I like how companions are generated randomly. However, one day I would like for them to have more of a personality and react to the things happening around them. So that they can be a bit more memorable.

Last edited:
Disagree. AI are like actors in a movie -and acting is reacting. if AI dont react to anything you do -its a bad movie and a dead world with zero immersion
Whenever y'all see CANTON post, assume he means the polar opposite of what he says. Unless it's dissing TW, pretty sure he means that.

Offcource there must be plans for this....But as deep as people dream of it to be it remains to be seen...As for now this isnt something of priority though as you said

I hope it will get done, but I think it'll be at the end of EA.

But yeah, companions who need to be able to work together, react to things happening on the map and have a personality would be nice.
Now they're just disposable items.

I hope that the added dialogue will at least include those in Warband and add even more fun and functionality on top of it.

My dreams will come true when a lord that you have good relations with will no longer raid your villages, or at least avoid it while there are others to be raided.

Maybe they could start small, have "intentions" that activate on certain thresholds based on relation between the player and the npcs, then eventually expand them to include npc to npc, but I don't think we are going to get anything deep as it would likely increase the minimum cpu requirements.

I do hope we get the tools to do it ourselves though since mods don't really have to worry about hardware requirements.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they are working on Feasts atm since every army now in Vladia camps inside a city now for an very long time when were at war xD

I have a sneaky suspicion that they are working on Feasts atm since every army now in Vladia camps inside a city now for an very long time when were at war xD

They'll do that fairly often when they can't secure a decent supply of food. The AI won't try to do anything if it doesn't have the food for it and if the army looks around (figuratively speaking) and realizes no other settlement has enough food to justify the trip, then the army won't move. Fortunately, the formula for figuring if the AI will use influence to keep the army together has a penalty associated with repeated uses, so they'll eventually disband. But not before probably eating out the market supply of entire city to the point where it is relying on granaries.

(I'm guessing this is unintended.)

They'll do that fairly often when they can't secure a decent supply of food. The AI won't try to do anything if it doesn't have the food for it and if the army looks around (figuratively speaking) and realizes no other settlement has enough food to justify the trip, then the army won't move. Fortunately, the formula for figuring if the AI will use influence to keep the army together has a penalty associated with repeated uses, so they'll eventually disband. But not before probably eating out the market supply of entire city to the point where it is relying on granaries.

(I'm guessing this is unintended.)
yeah ive suspected that to and is a good thing for sure even if it contributes to passive behavior in wars longer then our border

Back
Top Bottom