• Robohemia!

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Hobohemia.

Votes: 38 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Sawnotef said:
So how does this compare to The Witcher 3? Is the writing and questing good too with multiple solutions to one quest? Are the characters interesting? Or can I expect something crap like Skyrim with its bad story/writing and repetitive linear questing?

The writing is a little stiff in some places (at least in English), but the quests are quite well done and there usually is more than one way to complete them. It's not exactly like Witcher 3, but it's closer to it than it is to Skyrim.

Anyone know of good training guides? I'm terrible with a sword, like really bad. Archery I'm good at, but whoo boy... I found the training in game largely unhelpful.

Some older RPG philosophy is still strongly represented in KCD. Weapon skill & stat progression are annoying examples of this for people who expected it to be a player skill-based game. For a brief period in the middle of the game you get to experience a combination of character sheet numbers & player skill that actually feels balanced and enjoyable. Before that, you're getting stomped in 1vs1 fights by anyone you can't kill outright. After that, you're butchering most enemies before you can even finish some of the combos.

If you're just looking to not get kicked to the curb in the early game, once you've made it to the first proper city you're told to train in a little square sparring arena with some fellow whose name I can't remember right now Captain Bernard. You'll know it once you see it, the sparring arena is just outside of the city on the east side. You can talk to that guy after the initial session and ask him to continue training with practice weapons. Do that to get more familiar with the mechanics in a no-risk environment, and to build up your character's stats on paper. Simply having better stats than your opponent allows you to hit them more consistently.

[Edit]

It's actually the person & place seen in the video posted above on this page.

Careful, though. If you go nuts and spend a couple of hours whacking the guy then you're going to come out of that arena an unstoppable god from the sheer stat gain. I did that once, and the rest of the game was a joke unless I was severely outnumbered.

Back
Top Bottom