Explanation on how the different unit formation groupings affect the AI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anybody have a list of how different formations(unit groupings 1 -8 ) react to all the orders?
there is a difference in how infantry or archers react to "charge" or "advance". with "advance" being preferable.
Is there also a difference in AI behavior for groupings 5 to 8? (heavy infantry, light cavalry etc.)

old video, but i hope you can see the diference between charge and advance in cav and arch cav is a long video but it worth it, if you just want to see the formation info jump to the minute 9.

Last edited:
old video, but i hope you can see the diference between charge and advance in cav and arch cav is a long video but it worth it, if you just want to see the formation info jump to the minute 9.

Thank you for the link @Sh1mbo. This is good information. (The game itself could be more informative about this)
But how about classes 5-8 ? skirmishers, light cavalry, heavy infantry and heavy cavalry. Do these classes/formations have dedicated AI behavior or do they follow the basic infantry/archers/cavalry AI?

Thank you for the link @Sh1mbo. This is good information. (The game itself could be more informative about this)
But how about classes 5-8 ? skirmishers, light cavalry, heavy infantry and heavy cavalry. Do these classes/formations have dedicated AI behavior or do they follow the basic infantry/archers/cavalry AI?
as far i know thee cav ai is the same, the only diference is their best skill/hability and equipment, also with skirmishes with shares the same behaviour than the archers

Back
Top Bottom