Companion/Noble Finances

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm just curious here. When I spawn off a war party with a companion and some troops, how does he/she finance the party? I know I get charged for the wages - I see that - but there often is an income from the party as well, even though it's just troops. The party has to be fed, troop upgrades have to be funded, and for horsed troops the horses must be acquired. New recruits from settlements have to be paid for. I can't see into any of that activity and I wonder if the game is simply giving itself a pass?

Ditto for the nobles. They at least typically have fiefs that could supply income (although we all know that your holdings aren't going to fund a big party). Sure, they go about swatting Looters just like we do... but do they have an economy? ... Given how quickly I meet them on the field again after they escape from my prisoner group, it would seem they have access to ample sums.

Any insights from what you've read?

They are cheating. I know for sure AI cheats on finding horses for cavalry upgrades but if I remember right they are cheating on money as well. For food, I am not sure.

AI nobles have always a standard amount of troops of their culture when they start a new party. The also seem able to convert recruited recruits in other soldiers. They never need horses to upgrade their Cavalry. They have always enough money for their recruiting.

The last point changes when they are in your kingdom. The must have at least a castle for their income to get their Party full.

I'm just curious here. When I spawn off a war party with a companion and some troops, how does he/she finance the party? I know I get charged for the wages - I see that - but there often is an income from the party as well, even though it's just troops. The party has to be fed, troop upgrades have to be funded, and for horsed troops the horses must be acquired. New recruits from settlements have to be paid for. I can't see into any of that activity and I wonder if the game is simply giving itself a pass?

Ditto for the nobles. They at least typically have fiefs that could supply income (although we all know that your holdings aren't going to fund a big party). Sure, they go about swatting Looters just like we do... but do they have an economy? ... Given how quickly I meet them on the field again after they escape from my prisoner group, it would seem they have access to ample sums.

Any insights from what you've read?
They are not getting a pass. It is just operating within a buffer of 5-10K denars that your companion has:
I am not fan of this system but wage of a party is (5000 - leader money) if leader money is below 5000 you make it 5000 at the end of day. So if you create a party with a character with 3000 deanrs at first day you should give its party 2000.

Thats why sometimes they get huge wages because they buy food at some days and pay lots. So at these days you pay 1000-2000 wages for companion parties. Currently they sometimes buy expensive foods they should prefer 80% grain - fish if they are avaliable I will check this also.
At first day you will pay him to make his money 5000. At next days (and 90% days) when he pays wage of his troops he will be something like 4700 then you will pay 300 to him to make him again 5000. If he make any raid or sell loots his money will be 6000-7000 so even he pay wage of his troops his money will be > 5000 so you will not pay at these days. If his money > 10000 somehow you will get (his money - 10000) insterad of paying him. Some days he will buy lots of food thats why his money will be 3000-4000 again and you will pay huge at these days.

Back
Top Bottom