Too many roles dilute the skills and perks system

Users who are viewing this thread

the problem is that if you have an engineer surgeon and scout you'll never personally gain those points or anyone in your party that's not currently filling those roles.
also the captain buffs are not reliable since they need to be leading a party inside your army to command a formation in a battle and that is largely decided at random, meaning if i make an archer companion leading a party of archers, he could end up commanding my infantry formation in a battle and not give any buff to the intended group.

Honestly I think this whole system is a great idea in theory. I even recall suggesting a character system where skills could be levelled like proficiencies in Warband. The problem is the limited attribute and focus points based on character level.

There should be no soft cap on character level, and roles should be able to be shared by multiple characters, spreading experience around based on focus points.

For me the main problem is that when you choose your companions you can not check their current perks and focus/attribute points.

So if you want a NPC to be surgeon you hire a "the healer" but just to discover that he/she just have a 3 int points it will take for ever improve it. Also perks are already selected so they might not be the ones you are looking for. So growing NPC character roles to specific roles is hard due a bad starting set up.

I don't mind the amount of roles and perks, but what I do mind is that every time I want to look for a new captain/party leader/governor, I have to spend 30 minutes hovering over the hundreds of little icons, back and forth between characters. it's all so tiresome, there should be a summary view where you can compare and contrast heroes

The whole perk system is horrible. I thought it interesting at 1st, but it's not intuitive, if you put points wrong you are stuck with them and botched leveling forever, and shared perks for companions and the player is a bad idea if lvling stays the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom