Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought I'd be sweating hardcore skirmish and would end up being shizo, but this is new quality from captains mode community, thanks for that.
It's funny how parts of your community (I don't want to generalize) see the Skirmish players as the new opponent because we apparently got ... what exaxctly? Content? 2 Maps? One of them has issues, quite a few. If I recall correct, Captains Mode had 4 maps, while Skirmish was for a long time played on two maps because one of them was removed out of the rotation for weeks. Now we have five, with one of them having a real lot of issues. We got features we didn't ask for (Crushthrough for example) and they changed quite some classes. Random changes, which are also damaging captains mode, some of them weren't even necessary, are not improving the Skirmish experience.

But yeah, if you need to villify, go ahead. If you want to be the meme which you try to deny, continue.
The cap mode community does not see skirmish as a meme. Till now, I haven't heard any cap mode player ever talking **** about skirmish ....But, the skirmish community on the other hand, OMG where should I start?? I am not trying to "vilify" any skirmish gamer, or the skirmish community. But then again, I am not the one spending time to make actual mems about cap mode, and then poste them in a public forum...But you are, that's a fact. Since EA there have been a million updates, and not ONE single one of them were aimed at cap mode. Now FINALY we get a update, all for us selves, and it seems like all skirmish players got a problem with that. So, dude, you keep on talking exposing your problems and issues. And keep me out of it.

lol. Calling out LB for not playing a broken game :grin: WoV sure is a small clan, and always goes for the 4 shock tactic, because they don't know any better. This patch just so happened to make that tactic even more powerful than it already was. Maybe it was you guys who wanted this, and the devs catered towards you? Just stop being a **** on the forums already and go back to trolling in the game. Give the skirm clans a week in captain mode and they would absolutely destroy your clan.
Bah, Like LB is a big and powerful clan ? I did not call out any clan. WoV got no problems with any cap mode clans. And we actually like the LB clan and I thought the feeling was reciprocally. And I can't show you a screen shot from our forum, where we talk **** about other clans, like you obviously do. That's good to now actually. vfkaseke, you are all talk and no play dude, you always were. And I will gladly give LB, and the skirmish players a week to train before before facing us. To a friendly game of cap mode. I can't even remember last time you won a game vs us. And I can't take a disgruntled loser serious.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there will always be more tactic and skill required in modes where there are players only.

E: I'd rather take on your whole captain clan as a single peasant than fight surreal in a 1v1 duel. I would have a better chance
Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one. It's like saying a top-down hack and slash game requires the same level of strategy as an RTS. I mean in theory (don't quote me here I've never played the mode) if all of the AI units ended up killing each other off and you were left with only the captains, wouldn't it pretty much end up as skirmish just without the flags?

Anyway even without playing Captain, it's obvious that the strategies and tactics required are wildly different and hardly comparable between the two modes.

The cap mode community does not see skirmish as a meme. Till now, I haven't heard any cap mode player ever talking **** about skirmish ....But, the skirmish community on the other hand, OMG where should I start?? I am not trying to "vilify" any skirmish gamer, or the skirmish community. But then again, I am not the one spending time to make actual mems about cap mode, and then poste them in a public forum...But you are, that's a fact. Since EA there have been a million updates, and not ONE single one of them were aimed at cap mode. Now FINALY we get a update, all for us selves, and it seems like all skirmish players got a problem with that. So, dude, you keep on talking exposing your problems and issues. And keep me out of it.
No. I don't have any problems with Captain's. Have your fun, have your tournaments, that's it all about. It's alright. I didn't make any memes either. I avoided generalization with my statement, now you do it though with "us". Captain's is just not my taste and I prefer skirmish.
There have been a million updates, but what did the non-captain-players got? Content? Again? What content? 85% if not more of the development goes to SP and SP only. So it's not like anyone gets showered with content in MP. Combat changes affect everyone. So no skirmish-exclusive content. While I do agree that the update probably ****ed over Captain's and Devs are now out to fix it (which should be done) I hope the realization with the dev team comes that both modes have to be balanced and developed on seperately if they ever wish them to be working.

What is meme is that you go on all about to fighting on a couple of trolls trying to get you for good. Not the entire skirmish community is like that and the fact that you're throwing around with generalizations is the meme about it.
People will consider the exchange of skill between players superior to that of throwing bots at each other. That's something natural if we don't talk a full strategy game and captain's is clearly a mix. That does not devalue - in my opinion at least - the game mode as a whole because, yeah, there's a meta to captain's as there is to skirmish and the other game modes.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about this one. It's like saying a top-down hack and slash game requires the same level of strategy as an RTS.
I'm more trying to say that in your hack and slash game more skill is required to pvp than pve. Bots even if player controlled make for poor sport, especially in this game where the AI/formations are subpar to a free game.

I'm more trying to say that in your hack and slash game more skill is required to pvp than pve. Bots even if player controlled make for poor sport, especially in this game where the AI/formations are subpar to a free game.

I can beat any AI with hilt bashes only. PVE is dull when the AI is dog.

I feel you there, you're more likely to refine your PvP combat skills from Skirmish than Captain in my opinion. There's many factors with AI that are out of the players control as well which can almost lower the skill ceiling of the game, although I guess the aim is to improve that over time. There's plenty of strategy games that are highly competitive despite that.

Anyway, there's no doubt that both modes require a different set of skills. I find it pretty funny how people call each other out on here and try to settle arguments by 1v1'ing lol. Must be the toughest blokes in Calradia.

Bah, Like LB is a big and powerful clan ? I did not call out any clan. WoV got no problems with any cap mode clans. And we actually like the LB clan and I thought the feeling was reciprocally. And I can't show you a screen shot from our forum, where we talk **** about other clans, like you obviously do. That's good to now actually. vfkaseke, you are all talk and no play dude, you always were. And I will gladly give LB, and the skirmish players a week to train before before facing us. To a friendly game of cap mode. I can't even remember last time you won a game vs us. And I can't take a disgruntled loser serious.
We'll see you in the next season of captain's league. Seeing as you didn't participate in the last one, you got nothing to show for your clan. Unlike you, we don't go to the forums bragging about how powerful we are. Your attitude is poisonous, and brings a bad name to the rest of your clan, just ****ing chill. The rest of your clan is fine, but you've always been a bit of a ****. And you probably can't remember the last time I won you, because I got so ****ing bored of the game after this **** patch, and you haven't played against me for a LONG while. As far as I remember, the only time your clan actually won against us we had battania, which has always been a ****ing useless faction in captain.

huh! chill man. small or big, we have fun playing together, that is what it matters to us.
Then convince your dear mate Olaf not to cause stink all over the forums causing havoc I and pain to both skrim and captain players as well as spreading bad reputation about captain mode community.

As far as my reading goes its Olaf who started the whole unnesesery argument.

If Olaf is so keen to challenge people into games of captain mode in vain why didn't I see him throwing challenges at teams of captain league?
Not so sure about your skills and winning possibility against actuall captain mode teams?

Stomping randoms with your shock spam tacitics does not mean anything.

I think it was like, what, 2 or 3 games that came out prior to BL that were 100% what captain mode essentially is? I'm pretty sure the games were dead on arrival.. Tiger Knight, Conquerors Blade, blanking on the other names, but they're there.

You wanna talk about why cap mode is a meme? It's because cap mode is hot garbage.

The entire Warband community. The diehard's. The Clans. The community organizers. The people who kept Warband alive (and still do) focused gameplay around Battle (A better version of skirmish) mode and Siege. Which frankly, are the two modes BL f--ked up pretty hard.

Cap Mode is meme. It is not a game mode that will bring longevity to the game, because fighting against Ai is boring as f--k. Unless you're a super casual. I understand it, like, single player is against Ai too, and you wanna have those single player battles in multiplayer with other people commanding troops, I get it. But its f--king boring to the majority of players who are going to actually stick around for the long term.

Hmm, its like.. being really good at Teeball, and then getting upset when major league players make fun of adults still playing TeeBall.
Teeball isn't going to keep this game alive upon release. Fighting clunky Ai with your own clunky Ai is not appealing, and has already murdered at least 2 games upon release. Learn from their mistakes.

The reason people are so pissed off about it all, is because we f--king LOVE Warband, and the sequel to the game right now is a mess, and is catering to a fantasy playerbase that the devs made up in their heads, rather than the actual player base that is here and desperately trying to give them input into what they loved about warband.

And if you're a cap mode junkie who is offended by this post, good. You are outnumbered by many, many, many people.

-edit-
In fact, this whole meme talk reminds me of Nap Wars players coming into vanilla warband. Nap Wars was the memes for Warband too, because 99% of the playerbase on NapWars had no idea how to fight with a sword.

Before more self-proclaimed moderators, expert op gamers and strangers I have never even talked to or know, are going to bait me into mindless conversations, just know, im done here....

Cap Mode is meme. It is not a game mode that will bring longevity to the game, because fighting against Ai is boring as f--k. Unless you're a super casual. I understand it, like, single player is against Ai too, and you wanna have those single player battles in multiplayer with other people commanding troops, I get it. But its f--king boring to the majority of players who are going to actually stick around for the long term.
Nobody plays captain to specifically fight against the AI. If you think they do, you're real ****ing stupid. Captain mode is the most compelling multiplayer mode, and while it's not balanced at the moment, the hope is that it once will be. Who even honestly cares what the old dusty warband veterans want from the game dude. They can stay in their game with graphics from ps2 era and play their swish swush pvp that doesn't even look compelling to watch, not to talk about playing it. Thank you, goodbye.

Edit: oh, and you know why you outnumber us here on the forums? Because your toxic behaviour keeps all the captain players out of here. We are hundreds, close to a thousand in the community. We just so happen to be those players that give our feedback mainly outside of the forums, that all of you despise :smile:

Last edited:
Oh my...

Who even honestly cares what the old dusty warband veterans want from the game dude. They can stay in their game with graphics from ps2 era and play their swish swush pvp that doesn't even look compelling to watch, not to talk about playing it. Thank you, goodbye.

Edit: oh, and you know why you outnumber us here on the forums? Because your toxic behaviour keeps all the captain players out of here. We are hundreds, close to a thousand in the community. We just so happen to be those players that give our feedback mainly outside of the forums, that all of you despise :smile:

I understand that you are one of those persons who will consider any rejection of your opinion a confirmation of your point.Therefore...

They can stay in their game with graphics from ps2 era and play their swish swush pvp that doesn't even look compelling to watch, not to talk about playing it.

ihdu6ob2.png

Funfact: Press RMB to block.

Thank you, goodbye.

There is still a lot of work to be done to talk about "tactics" in Captain mode; that said. How would you like to raise the AI skills to 100? (Here the mod).

449-1587322546-435582419.png

The ai in that level would simulate an average human player trained in MP environments.

Then we would start talking about "competitive environment"...

Back
Top Bottom