Should the class system stay for PVP modes.

Should the class system stay or should it be changed to a loadout system in PvP gamesmodes.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I personally think that the class system works well for both captain and skirmish. It just needs polish, and more variability with an addition of maybe one more perk. The load out system is cumbersome and would still just lead to a few default load outs, which doesn't really make that big of a change to the game. Taking your shoes off for a bit of a speed bonus? That's just ultimate micro managing, and most players will not want to go to those lengths. Sure, give the option once private servers come out, but otherwise? Keep the classes.

I personally think that the class system works well for both captain and skirmish. It just needs polish, and more variability with an addition of maybe one more perk. The load out system is cumbersome and would still just lead to a few default load outs, which doesn't really make that big of a change to the game. Taking your shoes off for a bit of a speed bonus? That's just ultimate micro managing, and most players will not want to go to those lengths. Sure, give the option once private servers come out, but otherwise? Keep the classes.
That's not micro managing. The average player isn't a 20iq individual.

That's not micro managing. The average player isn't a 20iq individual.
I know you disagree with me on this issue on a large scale. I just wanted to bring my opinion forward here, even if I am part of the minority. I think once battle mode is out the load out system probably will fit that mode very well. I just don't see it being in the matchmaking modes.

I know you disagree with me on this issue on a large scale. I just wanted to bring my opinion forward here, even if I am part of the minority. I think once battle mode is out the load out system probably will fit that mode very well. I just don't see it being in the matchmaking modes.
I'm not arguing about how it fits. I'm arguing as to why you think the warband class system is too much micro managing. When the only thing it is, is taking the best armor if you have the gold for it.

The Warband system makes clanwars and all other PvP fights more interesting and gives an opportunity to reballance the existing factions. Also this increases the replay value of PvP matches if you have to decide between different armours and weapons. I played Bannerlord for 400h and feel like i am done with it (more as with warband which i played a lot more than 2200h). It indicates me that the current system is just not interesting enough to keep me playing. I don't wonder why the multiplayer is now nearly dead. New players who just got it as the first game of the Mount & Blade series won't play it long enough to learn some simple blocks and attacks to imagine how great this feeling is, to dominate other players. Just remember how the most of us started. First play the great singleplayer und then find out there is a great multiplayer community to play with. Of course, the first days or weeks of playing it, you get ****ed up all the time. You try different settings, armours, weapons, horses, tactics and when you play long enough to get that feeling of beeing invincible and clutch a whole team it just gets an addiction which keeps you playing for ages. And then you discover the great mods which give you again a lot of choices how to play. I dont think that the mods alone will carry all of the playerbase back to multiplayer bannerlord. Thats why there should be considered a solution right now and not when the game is already forgotten and a new Mordhau/Chivalry/Tiger Knight/Conqueror’s Blade/ War of the Roses or For Honor piece of crap says hello and grabs the playerbase that the Mount & Blade Series deserves.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing about how it fits. I'm arguing as to why you think the warband class system is too much micro managing. When the only thing it is, is taking the best armor if you have the gold for it.
That was exactly my point. Anything else is micro managing. The class system basically manages to bring the same experience with an easier interface.

Back
Top Bottom