Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Any planned changes to cav?
Especially the stupid collision (or lack there of )
Like how you just push your teammates aside with horses even in "competitive" modes like skirmish. ( Instead of teambumping)
And strolling at slow speed close to a heavy infantryman should be dangerous.

And I'd say being able to do an up attack with long weapons on horse like long spear and lance is op ( it makes cav into pikemen - backline support)
Also huge shields like broad shield from sharpshooter and big varyag shields shouldn't be useable.

^ I'm actually keen for this, bit surprised they decided out of the two to add crush-through to MP but not hooked spears. It's almost never worth aiming for the rider rather than the horse for anti-cav purposes, but with a hooked spear it'd make it not only worth taking the risk, but would not be as strong as straight up making the spear do more damage (tbh I wish they would, but afaik they're "happy" with the state of spears)

I can already see the tears flowing out if they add it in though. But to be fair, cav tears are very, very warranted.

Hooked spears for multiplayer when ?
Currently in my opinion it would make spears way over powered. Spears already can stop horses from behind and sides and rear horses with very low damage, all to that adding the hooked spears and enabling infantry to dismount cavalry much easier would make spears very op. Devs said they were investigating this so I don't expect hooked spears to be launched for multiplayer at least until these issues are fixed.
Another way to balance it might be to improve on-foot performance of the cavalry by improving the sword speed(for example the vlandian knight sword is the worst 1h sword because it has nearly the same speed of the 2h maul) or giving them better shields that cover more.

Warriors of Calradia

Welcome back for a new update on what we have planned for the upcoming weeks.

We are improving the mechanics for Archery and Throwing weapons, which will allow us to achieve weapon specific behaviour when it comes to readying up and aiming. This will allow us to create more unique feelling weapons and be able to adjust them independently rather than all together like in the last patch.

The AI is also getting many improvements to adjust to these new systems. Use of all Ranged Weapons are being improved by the AI, along with the ability to automatically switch weapons when the situation calls for it. We are expecting these improvements to remedy the major problems we have in Captain Mode at the moment, this is our number one priority.

Fixes to Cavalry Rearing behavior, adjustments to Crush Through and a fix to the Crush Through damage spike will be applied with the next patch.

We are also adding 2 New Maps to Captain Mode, along with adjustments and fixes to current maps. New Siege maps are also in various stages of development.

Many new core multiplayer features are getting added to the game such as Voice Chat, which will allow players on the same team to use their microphones to strategize, coordinate and cheer as they win their matches.

Another exciting new feature is the first iteration of the Observer Mode, which should enable players to watch ongoing matches.
Sound Occlusion will also be applied in a future patch to improve the overall experience.

We have had Skill Based Matchmaking active for some time now, and we are planning to take it further with the introduction of Ranked Mode, where players will have visible Matchmaking Ratings and Ranks depending on their performance in Skirmish and Captain Mode matches individually.

For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.

@AVRC
Plz just stop it devs. You are working on the wrong things.

Just give us servers. I bought the game to play mods. You cant fix this game anymore. Only the community can.

You give us the servers and then you can spend time fiddling with whatever ranking esports fantasy you have.

But just give us servers or you will have cheated me and I will never ever give Taleworlds a cent for anything. Moreover I will warn anyone of this deception.

45438847-5-image.png

Back
Top Bottom