Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine II

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing that I would love is for the AI to create dynasties in their clan:

Here is the problem:

As a campaign progresses, Clans across Calradia would die out as their members grew older and died, leaving no heirs behind. This mod remedies this by pairing eligible clan members within a given kingdom and having them marry based a configurable set of criteria. If no eligible spouse is found for a given lord, one is generated using an existing lord as a template. This also applies to minor clans who will instead marry members of other existing minor clans. Player clan is exempt.

I'll make a separate thread about it.

I think though that something like this should be in the game.

One thing that I would love is for the AI to create dynasties in their clan:

Here is the problem:

I'll make a separate thread about it.

I think though that something like this should be in the game.
NPC marriage will happen. That is more of a bug fix though.

Correct - we need details though - did they already implement something and it is buggy or is something else off?

Have the devs said anything about adjusting Spears, specially in melee? They are my favourite type of weapon to use but the damage is too low and the thrust animations too long. I can live with one or the other but not both.

would be nice if this is adresed
I don't see anything wrong the with siege towers. The ladders occasionally get bugged though where only 2 or 3 people will climb it at a time, which means they are utterly useless in the siege battles since the defenders just cut them down bit by bit. But towers? I've never had a problem with them.

I raise my mug of tea to you sir. Exactly, the good old days when games were something unique and came with long manuals included. Even reading the manuals was fun.
I agree exactly.
Back in late spring, i found it so amazing that the Ai actually blocked and feinted in tournaments in battles, i never felt so excited, afraid and immersed in a MB game. Then some kids screamed that it's iMpoSsiBle to beat... And the devs nerfed it. It's relieving if not a bit sad, that mods can still revive this feeling.
I think the problem here is that you cant really choose the difficulty you desire. Why the hell they take out the feature of making the AI hard entirely instead of just adding another layer to choose, like idk Legendary. I would really liked fighting against a bot that actually is able to beat the crap out of me. @Duh_TaleWorlds how does difficulty exactly works? I really don't understand what putting the highest difficulty changes, medium level soldiers should have a little bit more difficulty, in arenas medium level soldiers don't even block me, it's boring

I think the problem here is that you cant really choose the difficulty you desire. Why the hell they take out the feature of making the AI hard entirely instead of just adding another layer to choose, like idk Legendary. I would really liked fighting against a bot that actually is able to beat the crap out of me. @Duh_TaleWorlds how does difficulty exactly works? I really don't understand what putting the highest difficulty changes, medium level soldiers should have a little bit more difficulty, in arenas medium level soldiers don't even block me, it's boring

Well if people didn't cry about it in April, that the Ai bots are too tough maybe the difficulty levels would change something... Becuase back then tournament fights were scary once you had to fight a higher tier troop or a noble. Now they just wear a shield for aesthetics

Combat AI level is determined by the skill level the character has for their equipped weapon. At the beginning of EA it was only based on the character level - which meant that a high-level trader would fare just as well as a veteran warrior. Tournaments are currently a variable experience, because they draw participants from the garrison as well as present parties (alongside heroes in the settlement). We are considering to introduce dedicated tournament troops to facilitate a more steady challenge.

Combat AI level is determined by the skill level the character has for their equipped weapon. At the beginning of EA it was only based on the character level - which meant that a high-level trader would fare just as well as a veteran warrior. Tournaments are currently a variable experience, because they draw participants from the garrison as well as present parties (alongside heroes in the settlement). We are considering to introduce dedicated tournament troops to facilitate a more steady challenge.

As long as everything is blunt damage that rips through armor, tournaments won't be all that difficult.

That sounds nice. Thanks for answering. But for example I myself am an experienced player, I served my time in Multiplayer back in Warband and I can perform well against enemies, is there a way I can encounter fights like these where I my attacks get blocked and I have to fight for my gut? These are usually very rare encounters and I wished I could have more of these. Maybe I can myself change a parameter without making much of a mess?

That sounds nice. Thanks for answering. But for example I myself am an experienced player, I served my time in Multiplayer back in Warband and I can perform well against enemies, is there a way I can encounter fights like these where I my attacks get blocked and I have to fight for my gut? These are usually very rare encounters and I wished I could have more of these. Maybe I can myself change a parameter without making much of a mess?
Idk about you but everytime I 1v1 any ai in this game it just keeps on blocking all my attacks, even cancelling his own if needed. I can't get a hit on them if i don't shield bash them or wait for their attack to get past their middle part and then hope to god my attack is gonna hit him faster.
Not gonna mention what beating you can take from 3 guys stacked on you

Thanks for the info but I even find skilled lords much worse than before, especially when they use 2 handed weapons. Plus there is something wrong with the AI and how easy is to hit someone for a second time because the AI for some reason is pretty aggressive after receiving a hit.

I remember that in the beta last days you introduced a patch which made the AI more defensive after receiving a hit but this great change was removed for some reason and the AI is worse at blocking and feinting now.

Would be really great if you could improve this and make tournaments more challenging again. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom