The Average Bannerlord Solo Queue Skirmish Experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Ranked will help considerably. I believe that one of the reasons people don't play MP is because of the high skill ceiling and being inappropriately matched against high level players. It's frustrating for new players and makes progression of any sorts seem out of reach.

Ranked will help considerably. I believe that one of the reasons people don't play MP is because of the high skill ceiling and being inappropriately matched against high level players. It's frustrating for new players and makes progression of any sorts seem out of reach.

Ranked would be helpful, but I'm afraid at this stage the playerbase might be too low for ranked matchmaking to have any meaningful effect.

Ranked would be helpful, but I'm afraid at this stage the playerbase might be too low for ranked matchmaking to have any meaningful effect.
Sounds like a chicken/egg debate. Bannerlord may have missed an important moment, but as long as people with a variety of skill levels can be matched against opponents in a reasonable amount of time at any given time, I don't really care if 10k or 200k are playing.

Hopefully solid matchmaking will entice more people to join and get that number higher.
This game shouldn't have matchmaking in the first place and I don't think anyone would show up for it either. People would have shown up for that "big MP update" if they were going to give it a try but it was months late and not great just like every update for this game.

Hopefully solid matchmaking will entice more people to join and get that number higher.
I'm gonna say that the majority of the playerbase comes and stays for the community experience -- which is achieved through custom servers with battle. There was a competitive matchmaking system used in Warband called WBMM and it experienced a small playerbase of people using it due to the fact there are not a ton of super competitive people attracted to this community... The competitive community probably only comprised about 10% of the playerbase at any given time.

This game shouldn't have matchmaking in the first place and I don't think anyone would show up for it either. People would have shown up for that "big MP update" if they were going to give it a try but it was months late and not great just like every update for this game.
I disagree. As a game with a very high skill cap, matchmaking is really important in order not to frustrate new players.

Back
Top Bottom