Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Ya I gotta say, they only answer us for like 2 days out of the week or month for that matter and then go silent. I remember when we used to say that Taleworlds were perfect developers and that they always listened to their community lol

That's incorrect.

That's incorrect.
The 2 days out of the week is an exaggeration but thats what it feels like, my point is we try to give our advice as community members, many of us playing these games for 10 years now, but we feel ignored and multiplayers current condition is doing nothing more than proving it.

It's true. The multiplayer is a big let down. The issue isn't only communication because there are periods where TW does communicate. But when they do they just disregard most of the elephants in the room such as crush shouldn't be on all 2hs or the class system

It will be less consitent for 2h maces
And will happen next to never for other 2h weapons

We'll see how it turns out once this is in. I assume crushthrough will happen quite a bit less overall and lose much of its relevance again in mp. If it doesnt we will need to do more. It was not intendend to be a gamechanger, but rather make shock troops better in sp and captain, while also giving them some tech use in skirmish and tdm.
@NIN3 Us captain mode players never suggested this change nor would we have ever suggested it had you asked us what changes we wanted. Shock troops have been the strongest units in Captain Mode since atleast early access, they didn't need a buff, and as a result of the buff they have become so strong that there is no reason to pick any other unit class, and both teams will now spam 6 shocks vs 6 shocks which has resulted in the most stale, boring, unbalanced meta that captain mode has experienced since EA. I'm not sure how often the dev team plays captain mode against each other, but I think its time the isolated testing and theorycrafting behind the mode ended and you join us players who have over 1000 wins in captain mode so that we can actually discuss changes that are necessary and your team can see how the gamemode is actually played at a top level. I guarantee that if your team plays a few rounds against any of the clans in captains league you will learn more about the game-mode,and will have a much better understanding of what changes are truly necessary.

I want to point out that during Gamescom your development team, including (I think) yourself @NIN3 played captains mode games against at-least 2 of the european clans from captains league: IPL and KoV and no offense but these teams absolutely rolled over the developer team as if it were just another pub stomp. Granted I know everyone that was in those games on the dev side aren't necessarily avid captain mode players, but I think its important to note that these players have a high level of experience and technical knowledge when it comes to the game mode and can offer you incredibly valuable feedback if you just watched how they play and listened to what their strategies are.

We want to be more involved in the development process of captain mode, participating in these testing games so that you can get valuable data from players who play the mode for hundreds-to-thousands of hours. Take advantage of the valuable feedback and testing capabilities these players can provide to you if you involve them in the testing process. We want captain mode to be a fun and enjoyable experience more than any other people and we will passionately help you if you ask us to. We are extremely grateful for all the hard work your team does and for the consideration you already have for the communities input, however we want to be included more in this process so we can help you design an enjoyable captain mode experience.

As @AVRC has said captain mode is a unique and complex mode that's tricky to balance, so let's tackle these issues together as a team and play some games together so we can test if the changes will work at the highest level, because this way we ensure the changes will work for the people you are designing the game for.

Last edited:
@NIN3 Us captain mode players never suggested this change nor would we have ever suggested it had you asked us what changes we wanted. Shock troops have been the strongest units in Captain Mode since atleast early access, they didn't need a buff, and as a result of the buff they have become so strong that there is no reason to pick any other unit class, and both teams will now spam 6 shocks vs 6 shocks which has resulted in the most stale, boring, unbalanced meta that captain mode has experienced since EA. I'm not sure how often the dev team plays captain mode against eachother, but I think its time the isolated testing and theorycrafting behind the mode ended and you join us players who have over 1000 wins in captain mode so that we can actually discuss changes that are necessary and your team can see how the gamemode is actually played at a top level. I guartentee that if your team plays a few rounds against any of the clans in captains league you will learn more about the gamemode,and will have a much better understanding of what changes are truly necessary.
Nobody suggested crush through :smile:

@AVRC
Yo man I know you guys are working out ways to fix these problems at the core, and not give us band-aid fixes, but I think after two months we need some band-aids. Simple stuff like lowering the damage of certain OP weapons until you've figured out more complex fixes would still work wonders on the players side.

Leaving the game in this state for over 2 months now is not healthy at all, and I know you're working hard behind the scenes but I think some smaller balance updates or 'hotfixes' for MP have been well overdue now. Anyway keen to see the next upcoming changes but I hope you guys plan on releasing some more frequent balance changes to keep MP alive.

It will be less consitent for 2h maces
And will happen next to never for other 2h weapons

We'll see how it turns out once this is in. I assume crushthrough will happen quite a bit less overall and lose much of its relevance again in mp. If it doesnt we will need to do more. It was not intendend to be a gamechanger, but rather make shock troops better in sp and captain, while also giving them some tech use in skirmish and tdm.
Please don't make it a randomizer, and I know you guys have said "it's not random its coded for ceratin variables" or whatever but the fact is that firstly we never wanted crushthrough, and also secondly in the heat of the moment it is 100% random for us. Today alone I lost 2 clutches because of crushthrough on skirmish, one of the instances there were 4 people with 2 lives each and I was on my own with only 1 life left, and after I had gotten 6 kills and was probably going to kill the last 2 my opponent did an up attack with a 2 handed axe and I put up my own 2-hander in the correct defensive block and it still crushed through and we lost the game. Whoever thought this was a good idea should shoot themselves in the foot because their an idiot, maybe this works for singleplayer, but ive even been killed by AI because of it there too, stop the random bull**** that hurts players for making the correct decision

In my opinion 15vs15 or 10vs10 big skirmish thingy like we do in NW but with smaller maps would be an epic addition to the game, but I'd rather see the 100vs100 battle mode implemented and factions balanced first. Battle mode should include full customization of soldiers and skirmish should hold on to the class system but maybe with more choices for customization? Visual customization would be nice for classes(like 3 kinds of varyag armour and 2 skins for the axe).

Please don't make it a randomizer, and I know you guys have said "it's not random its coded for ceratin variables" or whatever but the fact is that firstly we never wanted crushthrough, and also secondly in the heat of the moment it is 100% random for us. Today alone I lost 2 clutches because of crushthrough on skirmish, one of the instances there were 4 people with 2 lives each and I was on my own with only 1 life left, and after I had gotten 6 kills and was probably going to kill the last 2 my opponent did an up attack with a 2 handed axe and I put up my own 2-hander in the correct defensive block and it still crushed through and we lost the game. Whoever thought this was a good idea should shoot themselves in the foot because their an idiot, maybe this works for singleplayer, but ive even been killed by AI because of it there too, stop the random bull**** that hurts players for making the correct decision
I feel you man....being punished for doing the right thing sucks.

In my opinion 15vs15 or 10vs10 big skirmish thingy like we do in NW but with smaller maps would be an epic addition to the game, but I'd rather see the 100vs100 battle mode implemented and factions balanced first. Battle mode should include full customization of soldiers and skirmish should hold on to the class system but maybe with more choices for customization? Visual customization would be nice for classes(like 3 kinds of varyag armour and 2 skins for the axe).
I feel very much the same tbh. I think all of the matchmaking modes are probably better with the classes, but I do feel like they should also have more customization. One more perk, or even just better choises are what are needed imo. Having the one where you just default every time is not healthy. Customization in skins etc would be nice too.

Love that we're getting two new maps on captain mode, that was we really needed to keep it fresh every game. I also hope these archery fixes does it, because as it is now they are totally worthless in captain mode and because of that two handed classes have dominated allmost every game.

Also, great job guys! And thanks @AVRC for taking your time with all these questions! You're doing great.

Love that we're getting two new maps on captain mode, that was we really needed to keep it fresh every game. I also hope these archery fixes does it, because as it is now they are totally worthless in captain mode and because of that two handed classes have dominated allmost every game.

Also, great job guys! And thanks @AVRC for taking your time with all these questions! You're doing great.
Ranged weapon and AI adjustments are done. We will be testing again on Monday. Hopefully it will be the last test so we can roll them out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Eyyy @Olaf The Cruel my man! Take it easy, it's not worth wasting all your time on people that's only either trolling/baiting you or cant understand that people like different stuff.

Have a good one and I hope to see you on captain this evening, gonna play with some of my mates with some beers!

+1

Not even kick/ban, just enable reflective teamkill and you have a perfect system
Auto Kick/Ban on repeated offences in a round/match is being added.
Also we will be enabling reflective friendly fire in Siege.

Back
Top Bottom