Resolved Can't Load after 1.52 Hotfix (Oct.7), anyone else having issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Since the hot fix today I can't load saved games, or delete them. Nothing happens when I click, not even the typical window stating that I'm loading an older version. Anyone else having these issues? Wondering if this is just a personal issue I need to address, or a common issue I'll have to wait for an update. Thanks.

Additional info: I have several mods installed, but the problem persists when I don't load them as well. I created a new game with mods and it will load once (sometimes), but afterward a successful load I can't load the saved game again unless I close out of the game. I've verified the game cache. I noticed the update changed the version of many of the mods such as Harmony, ButtertLib, etc. from xx.242228 to xx.242543. I never really paid attention to mod versions changing when Taleworlds updates, not sure if this is normal (doesn't make sense to my simple mind).

I think you need to verify your files in steam. I was able to load normally after the hotfix and I loaded my heavily modded save game successfully.

I am pretty certain that those long numbers at the end of the mod versions are meaningless. They aren't a part of the mod version string and I honestly have no idea where they come from. The first time I saw them I though they were some kind of a display error.

I think you need to verify your files in steam. I was able to load normally after the hotfix and I loaded my heavily modded save game successfully.

I am pretty certain that those long numbers at the end of the mod versions are meaningless. They aren't a part of the mod version string and I honestly have no idea where they come from. The first time I saw them I though they were some kind of a display error.

Thanks, but I had already verified my files. Could always try again though

Nope. I verified the files and my modded saves still aren't working since the hotfix patch. When I press the Load button it does absolutely nothing. Same when I try to delete.

same problem here, but its happening on beta 1.5.3

Ive noticed for some reasoni keep having downloads of like 30mb or so randomly on steam and well, this recent one i had today seems to have ****ed it i cant load anything i press the green button and nothing happens.

same problem here, but its happening on beta 1.5.3

Ive noticed for some reasoni keep having downloads of like 30mb or so randomly on steam and well, this recent one i had today seems to have fcked it i cant load anything i press the green button and nothing happens.

Any chance you're using mods? If you do, the below advice from NamFlow might work wonders. For me, it fixed my non-loading savegames after i disabled my mods.

For those who had some mods installed (even those who didn't have any mods can try it out, I guess) and don't want to clean reinstall the whole game and/or delete save file, you can try this mod:

Save Missing Module Fix - Fixed

Description
The game has a bug in it's save loading system that prevents loading saves with mods that implemented its own custom classes for saving data.
When the game tries to load such custom classes, it fails.

This mod tries to fix this issue.

Works for me and other people just fine (-;
btw. as always before installing any new mod, make a backup of your current save!

Any chance you're using mods? If you do, the below advice from NamFlow might work wonders. For me, it fixed my non-loading savegames after i disabled my mods.

You my friend deserve a fief for this. It worked.

I already did a full re-install which didn't work, so you really saved the day with this!!!

i had this exactly problem yesterday with the minor patch, and i updated my game from 1.5.2 to beta 1.5.3 and also updated all the mods i was running and it worked
then comes today's patch... haha i love how taleworld shoves it's middle finger up my ass every day when im just trying to play a single player game
there's literally no option to disable updates.

use this mod:
load the game, then save it again and disable mod. its very old bug.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom