New updates Oct 7 and Oct 8 issues

Users who are viewing this thread

So yesterday and today had 2 20-30mb small patches.
except both destroyed all my saved games. I was able to work around and get things working last night by updating the game to beta 1.5.3 and updating all the mods.
but today's patch ruined my saves again...except i don't have anything to update anymore. why does the game automatically try to patch even when i play single player?

did anyone encounter this issue? is there anyway to disable or roll back a minor patch like this? i only play single player and honestly i don't want the game to auto update at all, ever

Frankly i'm having 0 game experience here, the last 3 playthroughs have been ruined because of updates i'm so sick and tired of it.

Hi KingEroc. Just curious... do you have the mod tools installed? We had a discussion on this earlier in the beta 1.5.3 patch notes and the determination we were coming to was that the problem is likely caused by having the mod tools installed along with beta version. The two use some of the same files. However if this also happened to you on main 1.5.2, we could be wrong. It does seem to be linked to mods in some way.

I did a little digging in technical and found the below thread. There is a post toward the end about this problem being specific to mods and it looks like someone made a mod to fix the problem with mods lol. Check it out. Hope it helps.

I did a little digging in technical and found the below thread. There is a post toward the end about this problem being specific to mods and it looks like someone made a mod to fix the problem with mods lol. Check it out. Hope it helps.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...otfix-oct-7-anyone-else-having-issues.432592/
thanks man, this seems like the exactly same problem i had yesterday that i'm having again lol
i'll try the mod and see if it works. honestly though i'm so sick and tired of playing for 2-4 weeks, get my clan high level and ready to create kingdom, and boom new major patch nothing works anymore. lol

So yesterday and today had 2 20-30mb small patches.
except both destroyed all my saved games. I was able to work around and get things working last night by updating the game to beta 1.5.3 and updating all the mods.
but today's patch ruined my saves again...except i don't have anything to update anymore. why does the game automatically try to patch even when i play single player?

did anyone encounter this issue? is there anyway to disable or roll back a minor patch like this? i only play single player and honestly i don't want the game to auto update at all, ever

Frankly i'm having 0 game experience here, the last 3 playthroughs have been ruined because of updates i'm so sick and tired of it.

Just go into to Steam and turn off automatic uppdates for Bannerlord. I dont understand what the heck the problem is? We get these threads all the time.

Right klick Bannerlord in your Steam library -> settings -> uppdates -> dropdown menu -> dont update/manually update or whatever it says there.

This mod seems to fix the old games:

Just go into to Steam and turn off automatic uppdates for Bannerlord. I dont understand what the heck the problem is? We get these threads all the time.

Right klick Bannerlord in your Steam library -> settings -> uppdates -> dropdown menu -> dont update/manually update or whatever it says there.

Except there is no such thing:
3Q7rvPK.png

and that's the case for all games, so it's no longer possible to disable updates, even for singleplayer games.

Except there is no such thing:
3Q7rvPK.png

and that's the case for all games, so it's no longer possible to disable updates, even for singleplayer games.
Right, steam has disabled that option... I'm not sure why, I thought it was a good feature, but my guess is likely pressure from many of the publishers could be the reason why. Staying up to date is the modern way.

However, there are a couple paths one can take to try and circumvent this. The first would be to opt into an old beta. The legacy beta versions are no longer updated, so if you are playing in one of those, I'd think you'll be fine to play without worrying about updates. The other would be to leave steam in offline mode., or just stay offline period. If steam doesn't know there is an update it won't force it on you.

That said, we have to realize that we are in EA of base game and beta of the mod tools and a lot of things are rapidly changing right now. TW continues to work with modders and players to bring a better experience, and I can say that the updates to mod tools are a sure indication that they were paying attention to the forums and to discord. However, a lot of how the modding has been handled is changing quickly right now because of the new tools. While it may create issues now with saves and mod stability, these changes are setting us up for a better future for the game and for mods of the game.

There is still a ways to go. There are some asset types that two different mods can't both play with, setting up some situations where mod compatibility is difficult unless another mod packages them all up together in one module. I'd expect further changes to the mod tools and how they integrate with the game, and probably things will be a little rough for a while. However, a lot of this is unavoidable if we want to make progress in this area. I'd pay attention to the discord and modding section and keep an eye out as our mod community here is quite tenacious and often finds workaround for issues in a reasonable time period.

Back
Top Bottom