Starting age - 18 to 21 is more appropriate

Users who are viewing this thread

BoBB

In medieval times, 30 is already 1 foot in the grave. Alexander died at 32!

Yea it seems like we are starting with the stats of a 16 year old but we are 30. In my mod the character will start at 18 and be a serf, which I find much more appropriate. I was thinking I could give the player an alternative start as a knight or Lord then I would probably make them a little older maybe 25 for the knight and 25-35 for a Lord.

It'd be cool if there was a choice or two, start young with nothing or a bit older but with better equipment and troops, and maybe older still and with a fief.

Alexander didn't die of old age. Majorian was described as a "young man" whilst in his mid 30s. 30 was not "old", the life expectancy statistics are skewed by infant mortality. Once a person reached adulthood they would likely live way past 30.

I always make my character 19 when starting a campaign though.

I'm good with 16. How do we make it happen?

Mount & Blade II Bannerlord>Modules>Sandbox>Lords file. On the top of the codes, you'll see main_hero stats, etc. If you change the main hero age minimum 18 I guess it will work. But it might cause crashes. It's good to test first and if it causes a problem you can simply change the main hero age 30 back.

Sometimes I bring back parents and change my young brother and sister age over 18 so after rescuing them I was able to add them to my party.

You want to start at 21 ? There's a mod for that ?
You're welcome.

Your guy can even be 12 but I haven't tried it so young myself.
I had crashes in 1.5.3 with that mod, I prefer this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2134

Is a better version of that mod, sliders has values, and didn't need the other mod manager and works fine for 1.5.3 beta.

Remember being 18 years or older, because as your lil brothers, the character stats menú didn't appear if you are under 18.

Actually, I believe it's a bit misunderstood that 30 was close to death for people at that time. They generally lived for quite awhile but the difference is infant mortality was far higher back then.

I agree but with added context. The issue is at 30 a man is in their prime. Its mostly all down hill from there.... But we are just starting out at 30 bannerlord..... No way you could become a world class warrior beginning after 30. By the time you had the skills you'd no longer have the stamina to fully untilize them.

I hate that we start at 30, I am a young man irl and I want to play as a young man. Why does TW limits us and forces us to be an specific age? Is it because of the main quest? Because I would be very, very angry if it is lmao. Also, they HAVE young faces in the game that we can use, why the hell cant we do it is beyong my knowledge seriously

Being 30 with no real life skills or accomplishments sounds about right for the audience of this game.

On a serious note, absolute let us start younger. If not for the sake of authenticity, then for the sake of more player options.

This complete age, clan, perk, familie thing. looks to me like clenching together and see what happens.

You, the player, create an alter ego. give him a face, a name, give him perks and do some more or less important stuff in the world. Spend hours with him, create a familie, a clan, take some cities, make a name off yours. And then, you die of old age. All the progress is lost, because nobody can fill the gap.

the two last perk rows should be clan perks, so you can start a merchant familie, or great leaders, or engineers, or... you get the idea. important perks survive and you have not to force a start with nothing, again.

That's a great idea I haven't heard of yet. Hope something like that makes it into the the native game, or a mod at the very least.
This complete age, clan, perk, familie thing. looks to me like clenching together and see what happens.

You, the player, create an alter ego. give him a face, a name, give him perks and do some more or less important stuff in the world. Spend hours with him, create a familie, a clan, take some cities, make a name off yours. And then, you die of old age. All the progress is lost, because nobody can fill the gap.

the two last perk rows should be clan perks, so you can start a merchant familie, or great leaders, or engineers, or... you get the idea. important perks survive and you have not to force a start with nothing, again.

I read to many times: "The dev says: its working like intended" on some very strange design decisions. Also maybe a moder can grab the idea, i would play it. :smile:

Can use console and change your age at start though.

If you play a female character and is in no real rush to hook up with anyone fast, or just doesn't think about, it you might fast miss the window to actually do it. The "time compression" in the game is a bit annoying.

Back
Top Bottom