Quintillius ... a lamentation...

Users who are viewing this thread

oh Quintillius, where are you man ?
Your amazing vizion made this Nova Aetas mod but you ... faded away ...
why ?!
where are you mate ?
- anyway be safe and healthy and prosper !!!
(will you ever be back ?)

I come back and play this every now and then, but I never got the feeling it was unfinished. In his place I'd probably add some stuff to make the early game more interesting, but there's nothing that makes it feel that it wasn't completed.

I come back and play this every now and then, but I never got the feeling it was unfinished. In his place I'd probably add some stuff to make the early game more interesting, but there's nothing that makes it feel that it wasn't completed.
- it is the amount of red error messages non stop on the screen mid to end game, past day 150 to day 300, and it never stops.
- it can (and will) come past day 200, thus not playing past that day, is OK , I guess...
- and this issue was gradually corrected by Quintillius but once he departed :sad: , those red walls of errors make this mod simply unplayable ...

Sad indeed, best mod I ever played for certain. I remember he said once he would do one for bannerlord, but I might be misremembering. I do hope he will, but I suppose it is unlikely since his last appearance was on may 2020 and last post in 2018

His mod is great. And I am playing it successfully, with few igonrable errors. I even wrote beginner's guide for this mod recently. It has so unique approach.
And about author, His last seen date is Jan 2021, so he is definitely alive. God save him from Corona.

It was uncompleted, I spoke with Quintillius about this mod at one time or another when he was last actively developing it about what his plans were for it. Many of the features that make this mod stand out are still undeveloped (though you don't really notice as it all blends together so well), i.e. the Religion in game, you'll notice there are a ton to chose from, the only ones that actually do anything beyond change an individual stat are Catholicism and Islam, there had been plans to make these have a greater impact on the world.

He should have then released his project as OSP/ LSP for others to finish it. That is always a good approach to allow other modders to continue completing something when someone knows they will not be able to do it themselves.

Back
Top Bottom