Improve/Increase the skills and the number of female NPCs (nobles and wanderers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, i just hope they are more party centric, but the duality function of the newer traits would likely work well in scouting. if they can find enough personal bonuses that makes sense with a party bonus. like map movementspeed/personal movementspeed vs the pick of longer scouting range on map/better bow acuracy. we will see :smile:
Yea i think scouting is an easier one but something like tactics and throwing its kinda hard to just not make them flat values but then again there is the secondary effect we can kinda see this with the newer perks as they actually do a bit more then 2% faster when doing this that thats just boring what people want rn is bow crossbow roguery and the one step ahead tactic perk at least those are the ones i see mentioned the most

Again I was more replying to your religion comment, religion is just meaningless in the real world when it comes to women in the military you're probably refering to something like norse religions (no actual hard evidence of female warrior class here, contrary to popular belief), catharism or some obscure pagan religions , the very fact that these religions lost against others isnt just because they sucked at preaching.

Also to clarify, no not every battle or war takes up loads of casualties but that doesnt mean the possibility of a disaster isnt there, and in a pre-industrial world no one is gonna take those chances considering the consequences are so heavy, as an example take a look at Sweden after they lost their northern empire, their male population was hugely reduced just on account of military loses.

Also you seem to hold everything at a gameplay standard, most people realize its a game and that gameplay may not make sense in a complete concrete manner, but what I'm arguing is lore immersion how the world being described feels real or not, simply put if were were to suddenly see skinny women on every battlefield charging it'd add to the fact that its a completely silly game and not something trying to illude itself as plausible.

Also I stand against mysoginy or mindless hating but you seem keen on antagonizing everyone on the other side of the argument as a woman hater anyway because its the way you can get to intimidate people from writting responses i'd guess.
You make alot of asumptions with that last sentence, i could say its in an effort to try to do to me, what you are accusing me of doing. I cant see how im antagonising when i just mention that using terms like sjw or waman or the like, clearly shows an agenda. Also it makes no sense, cause if theres one thing people who write like that does not do, its getting intimidated away from writing what they think.

Religion is not meaningless when it comes to womens roles in society and as i said, i was talking about commanders and leaders, so you are strawmanning me. Also there are clearly far more men in the game than women, theres just an equal number of female noteables and its needed for game mechanic purposes, to me it is far more lore immersion breaking that everyone over an entire empire plus other civilizations, speak the same language, but i dont see anyone making posts about that all over the place. It would even be a fun game mechanic. So that still fits with the criteria you put in about it being about lore immersion.

Yea i think scouting is an easier one but something like tactics and throwing its kinda hard to just not make them flat values but then again there is the secondary effect we can kinda see this with the newer perks as they actually do a bit more then 2% faster when doing this that thats just boring what people want rn is bow crossbow roguery and the one step ahead tactic perk at least those are the ones i see mentioned the most
I hope for even more perks trees when we see mods, and even more skill points given, so that we actually end up seeing builds, but thats for mods, the base game should feel more balanced.

I hope for even more perks trees when we see mods, and even more skill points given, so that we actually end up seeing builds, but thats for mods, the base game should feel more balanced.
I mean like a mod doesnt really run on balance which is why i never suggest running 1 mod if you are running mods on BL just try to run just bannerlord tweaks by itself and you shall see what i mean lol

So, women leading armies is *as fantastical* as dragons and magic?

Nobody said that it's *as fantastical* as dragons and magic. Stop manipulating.

its definately not historical fiction either, as that takes place in a real setting but often with fictional people living in real events, or making up fictional stories for real know people. Its a fantasy game that takes some inspiration from history, witch most fantasy does, you would not call Tolkien histoical fantasy just because it has inspiration from weapons and lore from our own history.

It's not just historical fiction, it's medieval historical fiction. Besides armies full of women and women warriors do not contradict just history it also contradict logic, sociology and nature.
And I not going to touch fact that it's part of modern political agenda of certain controversial political lobbies and groups.

I know people have mentioned it in the other 100 similar threads, but I do have to keep reminding people that this is fantasy, women can be as strong or as weak as they like. You shouldn't be playing the game as if you're roleplaying in the middle ages, that's pretty strange. Yes women by nature are weaker, yes women bla bla bla, but who cares? Like, really, who cares? If I played BL tomorrow and the women are as strong as men, I wouldn't bat an eye lid, why? Because I really don't care and don't double look these things - it's bloody fantasy for crying out loud.

If BL was striving for historical accuracy, I would agree that it wouldn't make sense (much like the backlash BFV got on release), because that's how history was, but it's not striving for historical accuracy, so people should treat it as such. Unless you're going to tell me that Calradia existed and I've been wrong about history this entire time.

I know people have mentioned it in the other 100 similar threads, but I do have to keep reminding people that this is fantasy, women can be as strong or as weak as they like. You shouldn't be playing the game as if you're roleplaying in the middle ages, that's pretty strange. Yes women by nature are weaker, yes women bla bla bla, but who cares? Like, really, who cares? If I played BL tomorrow and the women are as strong as men, I wouldn't bat an eye lid, why? Because I really don't care and don't double look these things - it's bloody fantasy for crying out loud.

If BL was striving for historical accuracy, I would agree that it wouldn't make sense (much like the backlash BFV got on release), because that's how history was, but it's not striving for historical accuracy, so people should treat it as such. Unless you're going to tell me that Calradia existed and I've been wrong about history this entire time.
Honestly bro i dont even know anymore if a characters gender is what makes you not play the game ehh you have some sort of problem i could not care less

Sikelgaita frequently accompanied Robert on his conquests. She conducted the siege of Trani (1080) while Robert moved against Taranto. Although at first she tried to persuade him not to attack the Byzantine Empire, she nevertheless brought troops and accompanied him on his campaign against them. At the Battle of Dyrrhachium in 1081 she was on the field in full armour, rallying her and Robert's troops when they were initially repulsed by the Byzantine army and were in danger of losing cohesion. As a middle-aged woman with a large family, it is unlikely that she was a combatant although obviously close to the action, probably in a sort of command post.

However, whatever happened historically is fairly irrelevant. Women are half the population, why would Taleworlds exclude so many potential customers? More female players are in everyone's interest. :smile:

It's not just historical fiction, it's medieval historical fiction. Besides armies full of women and women warriors do not contradict just history it also contradict logic, sociology and nature.
You clearly dont know what the definition of historical fiction is, making your entire argument invalid.

They said women leading armies was 'high fantasy'. 'High fantasy' is dragons and magic.

No they did not. You are twisting what was said.

You clearly dont know what the definition of historical fiction is, making your entire argument invalid.

Unlike you I can at last argue.

I know people have mentioned it in the other 100 similar threads, but I do have to keep reminding people that this is fantasy, women can be as strong or as weak as they like.
...horses can have as many legs as they like, bows can shoot as far as they like, crossbows can have laser rangefinder if they like, helmets can be made of kevlar, castles can have heliports, rivers can flow upstream and humans can marry animals and have children.

...horses can have as many legs as they like, bows can shoot as far as they like, crossbows can have laser rangefinder if they like, helmets can be made of kevlar, castles can have heliports, rivers can flow upstream and humans can marry animals and have children.
Yes actually if said it could happen and that would be part of calradia same as if they renamed calradia to poopy land you might not like but its the new canon name of calradia just because something has historical inspiration it does not mean its history if you didnt know calradia isnt a real place and TW can do whatever they want with it like it or not

Yes actually if said it could happen and that would be part of calradia same as if they renamed calradia to poopy land you might not like but its the new canon name of calradia just because something has historical inspiration it does not mean its history if you didnt know calradia isnt a real place and TW can do whatever they want with it like it or not

Actually no, they can't any of that. Because if something have historical inspiration then it have historical inspiration and not modern one. Calradia isn't real place but it's a place inspired by real and very specific place. It's not completely fantastic place either. In order to be believable and immersive it have to have to resemble it's original good enough. And when it detours from it's original, it needs to do it in a consistent manner that can be explained. When player enters world of Calradia, he understands that's it's not real world, but he also understands that it's world that is directly based on real historical Europe and Middle East, that factions he meets are based on real historical factions and everything he interacts with is in one way or another linked to the Medieval era. If they go against medieval setting, they break immersion. Like fighting armies of women in the arena tournaments.

MB did not became popular because it's fantasy. People don't buy and play it because it's fantasy. It became popular and people play it because it's Medieval. "Fantastic" elements when present work only in the context of Medieval and as long as they more or less can be believable in the medieval context. They only work only as far as they don't go against Medieval setting. Which is why you can't have laser swords and tanks in MB. You can't. Point. And women running and screaming around battlefield is almost as anti-Medieval as laser swords and tanks. May be not same level of anti-medieval but pretty close. It directly contradicts everything we know about role of women in the medieval societies that are depicted in the game.

"It's fantasy, therefore anything goes" argument does not work. It does not work in pure fantasy, because even fantastic worlds have to be logical and consistent. One fantastic element can't contradict another and if it does, there have to be provided logical explanation. And in Medieval fantasy it double does not work.

So you can all scram "it's fantasy" all you want. That won't stop people call it BS. Because it is. Fantasy BS.

Last edited:
Inappropriate behavior
Actually no, they can't any of that. Because if something have historical inspiration then it have historical inspiration and not modern one. Calradia isn't real place but it's a place inspired by real and very specific place. It's not completely fantastic place either. In order to be believable and immersive it have to have to resemble it's original good enough. And when it detours from it's original, it needs to do it in a consistent manner that can be explained. When player enters world of Calradia, he understands that's it's not real world, but he also understands that it's world that is directly based on real historical Europe and Middle East, that factions he meets are based on real historical factions and everything he interacts with is in one way or another linked to the medieval era.

MB did not became popular because it's fantasy. People don't buy and play it because it's fantasy. It became popular and people play it because it's Medieval. "Fantastic" elements when present work only in the context of Medieval and as long as they more or less can be believable in the medieval context. They only work only as far as they don't go against Medieval setting. Which is why you can't have laser swords and tanks in MB. You can't. Point. And women running and screaming around battlefield is as anti-Medieval as laser swords and tanks. It directly contradicts everything we know about role of women in the medieval societies that are depicted in the game.

"It's fantasy, therefore anything goes" argument does not work. It does not work in pure fantasy, because even fantastic worlds have to have their own logic. And in medieval fantasy it double does not work.
Omg you're stupidity when somethingvhas historical inspiration its just that inspiration if you truly believe that because its inspired it should be the same you are indeed stupid if they wanted to make a gam on actual medieval history they could do just that. If a lightsaber was added it would be real in the calradic universe just because something is inspired strongly off ofbsomething else does not make it or confine it to that specific inspiration if that is what you believe you are completely wrong

Omg you're stupidity when somethingvhas historical inspiration its just that inspiration if you truly believe that because its inspired it should be the same you are indeed stupid if they wanted to make a gam on actual medieval history they could do just that. If a lightsaber was added it would be real in the calradic universe just because something is inspired strongly off ofbsomething else does not make it or confine it to that specific inspiration if that is what you believe you are completely wrong

Good, when you feel urge to start ad hominems, it's sure sign that you have lost the argument.

In that case i dont like in BL one thing:

In WB as a female olrd warrior i was unic at it was really cool to hear "omg what a bad**s girl" from lords. Even to hear something like "you are cool, but i dont want a wife who can beat my arse"

Good, when you feel urge to start ad hominems, it's sure sign that you have lost the argument.
Its not a sign that i have lost but after hearing you i was starting to have a stroke because of stupid you're argument of "its inspired it cant be different" pains me because its wrong just like and i cant bother spending more precious time arguing with somebody who does not know the difference of inspiration from based on or completely ripped off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom