Make it that you can command your teammate in tournament s

Would you like to have the function to command your teammate in tournaments?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Its tired to lose many times because your teammate decides to be a ****ing dumbass and banzai charge into enemy and by the time I catch up it became a 2v1 where I have no chance of winning due to my low athletics. If I or my teammate get a range weapon, good, we can support each other. But when both of us get melee weapon, I know I am gonna lose. In warband you can command your teammate but I never use it because I never see the need to because the arena is so small. But in bannerlord it is essential as athletics stat seems to be broken and the generally larger size of arenas.

There maybe questions being raised about why we shouldn't be able to command teammates in tournament, for example: unlike in warband, bannerlord is set before the dark age, a warrior seek honor for himself but not for the family/house that he swear loyalty to. Honestly though, most of the combatants in any tournament are from my own party, how often do you see a imperial legionary fighting in the desert of Aserai? And if the player character is able to beat armies three times more than his own, he is more than competent to lead you to victory(until you duel with him in the final match, but then it comes down to a matter of skill in combat and resilience where you have a chance to win, than to banzai charge your enemy in round 1).

Vote in the poll to let talesworld see what you think about it

The worst part is getting slapped simply because your team is made up of tier 1/2 troops and they're fighting a noble with tier 4/5 troops, I think the matchups should be a little more fair but I guess it's important to keep the tournaments interesting as well

It would give a credit to my Maxmius Auralius RP character if troops could be commanded in the tournaments. I agree they should be harder. The change to blunt weapons just nerfed the difficulty of the tournaments tremendously I feel like.

I think they should get rid of using your own armor and go back to basic armor for everyone, like in warband.

I think they should get rid of using your own armor and go back to basic armor for everyone, like in warband.
Well that is essentially what the switch to blunt weapons does. It more or less nullifies the armor without actually removing it. The problem I have with it is that the higher tier enemies in the tournament don't really seem any more difficult than the lower tier ones without the armor. It's tough to figure out how they could add that back in. There are supposed to be different tiers to the a.i. but I don't feel like this is enough. They could make changes to the base health, but that would have other consequences. Another thing that could make the tournaments more difficult is more enemies (4 teams of 6 for example), where it is a bit more likely for the player to end up unfortunately double or triple teamed. This would also make the idea of OP more viable, as tactics would come more into play in that larger scale tournament. I really feel like the idea of @primalforlorn would add some amount of strategy to the tournaments. As a result, even if they were still easy, they'd at least be more fun.

The short answer to the OP is improve your own Athletics.
edit - Let me explain my thinking. Firstly it is not hard to improve your athletics and you don't need to put any points into it, just get off your horse and run around the map. Regarding the tournaments; you aren't a team. You are a group of individuals thrown together for one combat. For all you know their girlfriend is in the stands and they are trying desperately to impress them.

Last edited:
I agree that they should allow some choice in the team composition in tournaments.

The other is that if you choose a strong team, the AI should also be trying to pick the strongest teams possible. We should not be seeing fights where there are Recruits fighting Tier 6 units, which there are currently.

If you are stuck in a 4v4v4v4 with 3 recruits and they've got a general and 3 tier 5 or 6 units, the odds are not in your favor, to put it mildly.

Back
Top Bottom