Clan System Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey @azakhi maybe you find time to answer a couple of questions concerning the clan system.
We are hoping to utilize it, once the BEAST #2 arrives.

The most important question: will it be possible to have internal clanwars? This is important for bigger Clans like DoF, that usually seperate into smaller teams for tournaments.
Will there be an option to rejoin the game if one player loses connection?
Will there be an option to play "friendly" matches where wins or losses aren't counted- for example for training purposes.

Hey @azakhi maybe you find time to answer a couple of questions concerning the clan system.
We are hoping to utilize it, once the BEAST #2 arrives.

The most important question: will it be possible to have internal clanwars? This is important for bigger Clans like DoF, that usually seperate into smaller teams for tournaments.
Will there be an option to rejoin the game if one player loses connection?
Will there be an option to play "friendly" matches where wins or losses aren't counted- for example for training purposes.

2 different parties from same clan can play against each other.
Currently there is no re-join option. I am not sure if matchmaker tries to balance a clan game as usual but there is no priority etc for the player that left.
Currently there is no such thing as friendly matches. One kind of an exception is when both parties are from same clan, it s not counted to win or loss.

Also if you guys want to see features regarding clan matches, feel free to request them. Although I don't work on that part, my team is responsible so I can discuss it directly with the person that would implement it.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

Do you have any plans to introduce a replay or streaming mode for clan matches? Will there possibly be tools for adminstration in case of tournament for example game logs. - I suppose those will be reserved for custom/ private servers though.
Talking about the clan system and in extension competetiv play: do you think simple tournament formats like K.O. will be supported by Talewords' Clan or ranked system at some point?

Would also be nice to see clan leaderboards even if you're not in a clan, and have a way for players to post if theyre looking for a clan, like an open application thing.
Also spectator mode for private matches would be great, maybe locking spectate with a password.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

Do you have any plans to introduce a replay or streaming mode for clan matches? Will there possibly be tools for adminstration in case of tournament for example game logs. - I suppose those will be reserved for custom/ private servers though.
Talking about the clan system and in extension competetiv play: do you think simple tournament formats like K.O. will be supported by Talewords' Clan or ranked system at some point?
Would also be nice to see clan leaderboards even if you're not in a clan, and have a way for players to post if theyre looking for a clan, like an open application thing.
Also spectator mode for private matches would be great, maybe locking spectate with a password.
We are currently working on a basic spectator mode, later we have plans for a full fledged actual spectator mode with different cameras and UI elements.
Clan ranked matchmaking is planned.

2 different parties from same clan can play against each other.
Currently there is no re-join option. I am not sure if matchmaker tries to balance a clan game as usual but there is no priority etc for the player that left.
Currently there is no such thing as friendly matches. One kind of an exception is when both parties are from same clan, it s not counted to win or loss.

Also if you guys want to see features regarding clan matches, feel free to request them. Although I don't work on that part, my team is responsible so I can discuss it directly with the person that would implement it.

how is this going?
Also
currently:
during a clan match can another team join a match if one of the teams playing leaves that match?
during clan match if a player drops can a player belong to nether clan join that match?
during clan match if a player drops can a player belonging to one of those clans join?
during clan match if a player drops can a player belonging to one of the clans join teh other team?

1) during a clan match can another team join a match if one of the teams playing leaves that match?
2) during clan match if a player drops can a player belong to nether clan join that match?
3) during clan match if a player drops can a player belonging to one of those clans join?
4) during clan match if a player drops can a player belonging to one of the clans join teh other team?

1) Yes if they queue in the regular skirmish queue and can't find a regular match (most likely no then)
2) Yes if he queues in the regular skirmish queue and can't find a regular match (most likely no then)
3) Yes if he queues in the regular skirmish queue and can't find a regular match (most likely no then)
4) Yes if he queues in the regular skirmish queue and can't find a regular match (most likely no then)

1,2 and 4 aren't supposed to happen but they can happen

I have not been in game for awhile but it is my understanding that clans can set a passwrod when hosting a match. does the above apply when the password is set?
Yes pubs can join your game if one guy crashes even if there is a password. Sad thing is the players who crashed in our games never managed to come back

@azakhi

The clan system is great but there is a disadvantage compared to just using custom servers in tourney.

Clans can't merge for tournaments and mercenaries habe to join clans to play.

For example: Right now I'm a member of the clan KW. If I wanted to play as a merc for the Ccan DR I had to leave my clan in Bannerlord and join their's just for the tournament.

That's the same for clans that unify for a tournament. Those players also have to leave their in game clan to join a new one temporarily.

There needs to be an option for a secondary clan. Or a limited membership.

how is this going?
Also
currently:
during a clan match can another team join a match if one of the teams playing leaves that match?
during clan match if a player drops can a player belong to nether clan join that match?
during clan match if a player drops can a player belonging to one of those clans join?
during clan match if a player drops can a player belonging to one of the clans join teh other team?
@azakhi

The clan system is great but there is a disadvantage compared to just using custom servers in tourney.

Clans can't merge for tournaments and mercenaries habe to join clans to play.

For example: Right now I'm a member of the clan KW. If I wanted to play as a merc for the Ccan DR I had to leave my clan in Bannerlord and join their's just for the tournament.

That's the same for clans that unify for a tournament. Those players also have to leave their in game clan to join a new one temporarily.

There needs to be an option for a secondary clan. Or a limited membership.
Is Captain and Skirmish clans are going to be seperated at leaderboard?
because comparing two different mode clans won't show the exact result i think they should be seperated.
@azakhi

Hello,
Sorry but it is not my place anymore to communicate those. I am not working on servers anymore.
One thing I can say is though, most of those questions seems to be related to design, so @AVRC would be the correct person.
We programmers do what we are told.

Hello,
Sorry but it is not my place anymore to communicate those. I am not working on servers anymore.
One thing I can say is though, most of those questions seems to be related to design, so @AVRC would be the correct person.
We programmers do what we are told.
Okay,thanks for the information anyway ?

Back
Top Bottom