Besieging a Settlement with NO Defenders Is a Thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Just FYI -

I reported what I thought was a bug - I had to take a town by siege even though it didn't even have a man to close the gates.* That meant sitting through the whole siege camp setup, remaining vulnerable to wandering armies. I didn't think that was something that should happen. Boy, was I wrong!

I have been informed that this behaviour is intended and not a bug. Marking this thread as solved, thanks for reporting!

Despite my 440 - 0 odds, I lost 11 men. I am the worst army commander ever.
4f2VvSQ.jpg

* How did I manage to find a town with no defenders?
I arrived a few seconds too late to defend our town against the enemy. Their siege completed and the town was theirs. I hit their army before they could enter, and I destroyed it. (Maybe I'm not the worst army commander ever, after all!) That left me outside the hostile city with no one yet manning it.

You lost 11 men? Assaulting an empty settlement?

What, was the only defender the kid from Home Alone or something?

Booby traps maybe? lol

It is absurd and even more absurd to lose troops in the process. A settlement without a garrison to defend it should be automatically occupied by the attacker..

I don't understand the devs' position regarding this...

What's funny this is actually a fix for a different problem where you couldn't lay siege to an empty fief (doing exactly what OP described), if you tried you could only enter the normal menu like a neutral fief. You would have to wait for a militia to spawn or such. I think it's an okay fix, I mean someone is in the fief and can close the gates and'create' militia....

You also have to finish building siege camp and attack in they sully out, often causing you to have to fight a few newly spawned militia, or routed militia that healed up. If they sully out after you finish siege camp and you don't let any rout, then you can just attack and auto-win :smile:

It is absurd and even more absurd to lose troops in the process. A settlement without a garrison to defend it should be automatically occupied by the attacker..

I don't understand the devs' position regarding this...

You don't lose troops storming an empty garrison. The moment you hit "Lead an Assault" it is instantly captured for you.

OP mentioned he killed the enemy army outside that had just captured the settlement, that's where I assume he lost 11 men.

Dude I saw that post in your thread in technical yesterday. I was like, are you kidding me? This has to be a joke. I almost posted that there as well.

In Warband you had the ability to negotiate with the defending forces and they would automatically surrender if the garrison was weak enough. Is this option available in Bannerlord?

Back
Top Bottom