MP 1.5.0 - Game Breaking Update

Users who are viewing this thread

I usually only play Captain mode, but I think this update also affects the other modes. I have 100% an objective mind, I don't have any favorite units or factions that I want to be overpowered. I like the challenge of finding tactics, and implement them, to counter any enemy force and tactic we meet. But before I go into details about the major problems with 1.5.0, there is one good thing I want you to know. All lags, disconnects and games crashes have been fixed on my set up! I usually got several disconnects and crashes during a day of gaming cap mode, but its all gone now! But, still I would rather have all those bugs and connection problems, than the situation we face in captain mode now.

All the tactics we have used for a long time now have been made obsolete with 1.5.0. There are several balance and unit adjustments that all combined have made Archers, from all factions, useless and incompetent. This have made using any complex tactics to counter them unnecessary and a waste of time. And I don't really understand why, because with skill and training archers were no real threat in 1.4.2, unless you ignored them or used a wrong tactic. I see several balance issues that needs to be fixed after 1.5.0.

1: Archers fire rate have been reduced by about 70%

2: Archers hit rate have been reduced by about 80%

3: Archers sprint speed have been reduced, because you need to accelerate for a few seconds before you are at max sprinting speed. That means, if enemy inf charges you from a distance, you have less time to make damage and you will have to break up the attack before you have fired any shots really.

4: When cav attacks Archers, it does not really prompt them change to spears and defend themselves, unless I hit f4.

5: When enemy Inf gets close to my archers while I try to kite them, it prompts them to turn and fight them, even though I have commanded them to run. And when they turn, they lose the accelerated sprint speed and can't escape anymore.

6: Inf, even heavy inf, can run just as fast, or even faster than light archers.

7: The captain of all 2 handed classes have a shield now, so I can't kill him to "free" his bots from the charge, and kite them.

The only balance issue I had with 1.4.2, was that Battania was so weak compared to the other factions.

I hope you will consider to fix Archers again. Because only playing infantry or cav all the time gets so boring. Thx.

Last edited:
I feel like it has gotten worst since 1.5.1. I hate captain mode as it is but even in single player, I have notices archers are less effective and even as an archer myself, the time for a archer to be on target is way longer then it is, to a point I would consider crossbows to be better.

The AI for horse archer also has gotten worst apparently since 1.4.2. They make their circles so close that they get clipped easily and just fall die.

I have no Idea why they would Nerf bows in single-player and in multiplayer.

They should prioritise balancing the AI on a singleplayer battle and adapt Captain mode to reflect that. The reason I had Captain mode is that it was always broken in favor of cav or heavy infantry. It's not really a tactic game, just control point game mode with AI infantry to trow arround

I agree with Olaf. 1.4.x was much better, now archers are useless. Only infantry matters and its boring.

At this moment i have 1090 HOURS in BannerLord, I have almost stopped playing BannerLord due to the new update which reduced the effectiveness of Archers. I thought Tale Worlds wanted to give us a balanced game but this update is only making Two handers overpowered and other units useless. This update does not seem fair and it is not justice to other units except the two handed units. All players just choose a two handed units in Multiplayer and swing constantly. This is becoming monotonous and I hope TaleWorlds reverts back to previous 1.4 versions where the TROOPS are more balanced and Counter each other. Thanks....Hoping to play again soon.

Back
Top Bottom