Is there a way of making melee weapons that arent crafted items?

Users who are viewing this thread

because with the way they work is that i cant specify their stats, and so cant really make low tier 2 handers for example, i know ranged weapons work different, but could i implement a melee weapon the same way ranged is implemented?

Solution
Yes you can, there is a bo staff that is not craftable on horses_and_others.xml inside spitems folder, you can change many parameters in it such as; it's mesh and item usage. I tried making flag polearm beforer but I think it wont work now in newer versions.

<Item id="bo_staff" name="{=yy7RvQKN}Bo staff" is_merchandise="false" body_name="bo_spear_b" recalculate_body="true" mesh="axe_craft_32_handle" using_tableau="true" value="5" subtype="two_handed_wpn" weight="1" difficulty="0" appearance="1" Type="Polearm" item_holsters="polearm_back:polearm_back_2">
<ItemComponent>
<Weapon weapon_class="TwoHandedPolearm" weapon_balance="100" thrust_speed="100" speed_rating="100" physics_material="wood_weapon" weapon_length="100"...
Yes you can, there is a bo staff that is not craftable on horses_and_others.xml inside spitems folder, you can change many parameters in it such as; it's mesh and item usage. I tried making flag polearm beforer but I think it wont work now in newer versions.

<Item id="bo_staff" name="{=yy7RvQKN}Bo staff" is_merchandise="false" body_name="bo_spear_b" recalculate_body="true" mesh="axe_craft_32_handle" using_tableau="true" value="5" subtype="two_handed_wpn" weight="1" difficulty="0" appearance="1" Type="Polearm" item_holsters="polearm_back:polearm_back_2">
<ItemComponent>
<Weapon weapon_class="TwoHandedPolearm" weapon_balance="100" thrust_speed="100" speed_rating="100" physics_material="wood_weapon" weapon_length="100" position="0.0, 0.0, 0.3" swing_damage="5" thrust_damage="2" swing_damage_type="Blunt" thrust_damage_type="Blunt" item_usage="polearm_block_swing_thrust">
<WeaponFlags MeleeWeapon="true" PenaltyWithShield="true" NotUsableWithOneHand="true" TwoHandIdleOnMount="true" WideGrip="true" />
</Weapon>
</ItemComponent>
<Flags WoodenParry="true" DoNotScaleBodyAccordingToWeaponLength="true" />
</Item>

The problem with this is if you plan on making sword, and took the mesh from a blade, it wouldn't have a handle and vice versa.
Adding flag that CanBlockArrows will crash your game if you succeed blocking arrow with your custom sword. So just experiment until you are satisfied.

Upvote 0
Solution

<ItemComponent>
<Weapon weapon_class="TwoHandedPolearm" weapon_balance="100" thrust_speed="100" speed_rating="100" physics_material="wood_weapon" weapon_length="100" position="0.0, 0.0, 0.3" swing_damage="5" thrust_damage="2" swing_damage_type="Blunt" thrust_damage_type="Blunt" item_usage="polearm_block_swing_thrust">
<WeaponFlags MeleeWeapon="true" PenaltyWithShield="true" NotUsableWithOneHand="true" TwoHandIdleOnMount="true" WideGrip="true" />
</Weapon>
</ItemComponent>
<Flags WoodenParry="true" DoNotScaleBodyAccordingToWeaponLength="true" />
</Item>

The problem with this is if you plan on making sword, and took the mesh from a blade, it wouldn't have a handle and vice versa.
Adding flag that CanBlockArrows will crash your game if you succeed blocking arrow with your custom sword. So just experiment until you are satisfied.

thanks for the answer, so i guess i can only make one piece weapons like that

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
yes, thats what I meant and I edited that max values assigned and sadly still the same, might be hardcoded, though, adding a 9999 to a melee weapon like bo_staff doesn't mean that you will get a 9999 damage, because there are so many factors in it like weapon length ,swing speed, material and the target, I tried hitting a soldier with it, with a boulder physics material I delivered 15 damage with 300 swing speed, but hitting a castle gate, broke it down faster than ram.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom