Can we use Warband locations in Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Heya,

is it allowed to mod locations from Warband, such as Tevarin Castle, Suno and more from the lore, into Bannerlord in order to make a blend between the games?
I was considering to expand Bannerlord's Calradia, it is not supposed to be Warband in Bannerlord.
What are the rules, what do I have to consider?
I would love to know what I can use and what I can't.

Thanks in Advance
Stay Healthy

Edit: Question is about lore entries, names and locations only, no 3D or texture assets are in question.

Last edited:
Solution
You can make a Warband mod for Bannerlord as well as you can do a Bannerlord mod for Warband ^^
You are just not allowed to use assets of each others game, regarding the lore etc there is no problem.
If you mean taking any asset (castles/models etc.) from the warband files and publishing mods containing those files for bannerlord I'm pretty sure that is not allowed and probably illegal.

If you mean recreating those locations in bannerlord with your own or bannerlord assets it should be fine.

Upvote 0
If you mean taking any asset (castles/models etc.) from the warband files and publishing mods containing those files for bannerlord I'm pretty sure that is not allowed and probably illegal.

If you mean recreating those locations in bannerlord with your own or bannerlord assets it should be fine.
No no, of course not. I am just interested in using the names and their locations.

Upvote 0
Edit: Question is about lore entries, names and locations only
No no, of course not. I am just interested in using the names and their locations.
I would be very surprised if this was not allowed. With official modding tools and the game in many ways designed to be modded they clearly want people to mod, I strongly doubt they would take issue with using their old lore.

Considering the vast amount of mods for warband that use other IPs lore etc. (and the countless future bannerlord mods that will) without taleworlds complaining, it would be extremely hypocritical of them to claim their lore can't be used.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom