Unofficial Bannerlord Community Survey

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!
With Bannerlord e1.5.0, a lot of changes were made to the game that especially affect the multiplayer side of the game.
Personally, I'd like to know what the community thinks about the game post e1.5.0, and I'm hoping to find out through this survey. Maybe its results can also be used by TaleWorlds to improve the game to the community's liking.

Please be aware that this survey is primarily aimed at players of the multiplayer modes - if you have never played the multiplayer or haven't done so after the e1.5.0 patch, please abstain from partaking.

Results of the survey will be shared here in a week or two, depending on how long answers keep coming in.

I'm aware that most of the questions here are not perfectly specific, and that is intentionally so: With this survey, I'd like to get an overview of the community's overall opinions, and I hope that those can then be used to develop further surveys to look at more specific things.

I would appreciate it if you could forward this survey to those you know actively play the Multiplayer but don't come to forums very often. Additionally, if you have any questions you think should have been asked or should be asked in future surveys, please leave them here or send them to me via PM.

Thank you for partaking,
krex

Done. I jumped back to the game after 1.5 hoping it improved. And while imo it is a step in the right direction, I still think that it feels like a desperate attempt to patch up a combat system that is at its core basics inferior to the one Warband had.

Questionare seems highly focused on skirmish, maybe some clarification is necessary?
I hope to be able to take the answers apart to have overall data and then answers filtered by the gamemode that was selected as most played on the first page, so anyone is welcome, no matter what you mostly play.
Questions might seem biased towards skirmish because that's the main thing I play, so it's what I can ask questions about the best - I'd be very happy to diversify questions for the next edition, or perhaps even have different questionnaires for different gamemodes. If you have specific things you're interested in, let me know.

giphy.webp

Good move my dear llama :party:

As a captain player I agree that the survey was very skirmish biased. You should probably make the survey so the answers on first page affect the questions on the later pages.

If you wish to have help on diversifying options to include captain mode specific questions, Ling is probably the person to go to, seeing as he sees most of our bickering on the Captain's League discord.

I don't really like the discussion about class balancing very much, it legitimizes them, skirmish or not... I don't think premade classes should be a part of the game in any way, shape or form,

I don't really like the discussion about class balancing very much, it legitimizes them, skirmish or not... I don't think premade classes should be a part of the game in any way, shape or form,
I agree. The discussion around classes and balance is too complex to be reduced to simple 'overpowered/underpowered' checks. I don't think these questions can yield any meaningful information.

I agree. The discussion around classes and balance is too complex to be reduced to simple 'overpowered/underpowered' checks. I don't think these questions can yield any meaningful information.
You're not entirely wrong. Such a simple survey can't be the judge of whether or not something is over- or underpowered. That is also part of why I chose not to list every class individually. Apart from personally finding it interesting how people perceive the different class archetypes, I do believe the data collected could potentially give some pointers on which things need to be looked at. The data collected shows how people feel about things, not how they perform ingame (for that you have actual statistics collected ingame). Some things might need changing even though they aren't brokenly OP.
As an example, I would claim that Warbands Khergit horsearchers (MP) were decently balanced, and statistics collected ingame would probably show them as performing averagely or maybe even underperforming. Yet there is no fun playing against them at all, hence why Khergits were never seen in any near competitive setting, be it most Battle servers, Matchmaking or Tournaments.

tl;dr: Whether or not something is balanced TaleWorlds should be able to see from their ingame statistics. Maybe what's collected here can provide another angle on things that is more than just statistics but the players actual opinions. I think gamedesign shouldn't purely be a numbers game, but also about what feels good to play with/against.

This survey is the first time I'm doing something like this, so if you'd like to help me improve I'd be happy to take advice.

hope all of that makes sense, it's 2am here and I'm more than a bit tired.

I have, on purpose, left out questions regarding things that have been highly controversial for a while now. Whether or not people like the class system is part of those questions. TaleWorlds have made clear it's their vision for the game and that they won't change it, so I have decided to deal with how things are not how I might want them to be.

I agree thats why I wrote a paragraph on it on the last page where you're given abit of free room to write your opinions.

Great job Krex, I'd say sticky this for a while so it'll stay active.

Some of it is a bit misleading or oversimplified. For example the movement speed, you say "movement speed has been reduced, do you feel it's too XYZ". That's not quite true though - as per the patch notes:

• Decreased movement speed during combat. (Will make it harder to move in and out of duels)
  • Increased maximum sprint speed.
  • Increased the time needed to reach 100% sprint speed.
  • Slightly increased when running backwards.
  • Slightly increased the time needed to accelerate out of combat speed.

So in actuality movement speed has been increased overall. Combat movement does feel quite sluggish right now with all the equipment in Skirmish, but it feels ok in duel imo when there is less going on.

Movement felt crap in previous patches as well, crap in different ways. It's important that we are specific with our feedback, especially with regard to comparing to previous patches. I do think a movement speed increase is needed, but it's not because they reduced movement speed and it wasn't better in 1.4.3, it's because (imo) the better combat speed has highlighted the relatively high speed or distance of everything else e.g. cav or fairly large open maps, with lots of ranged weapons that are easy to kite with.

Back
Top Bottom