Dear TW, I heard you're planning to **** up this great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was and am a terrible Warband player, and actually do much better in Bannerlord. But Warband was fun. I barely played Native at first, and went to the cRpg mod where combat was even faster. It was really frustrating at first, but I told myself once I levelled up I would be better, then I told myself that once I could afford better gear I would be better. I never did:sad:

But the fast combat was exciting. I went shielder since I couldn't block fast enough and generally latched on to good teammates where I tried help. Eventually I learned to block, but I remained at a 1/2 kill rate. But it was fun- an intense adrenaline rush every time.

But yes, it sucks for bad players. We all want to be the hero, but someone has to die. I hope the matchmaker sorts the good from the bad so you will always be playing against your own skill level. If you want to play with friends, you can join a party and the matchmaker will throw you in with the highest level player.
I agree with you and this is my jam, i'm not into that combat stuff, i'm into that class stuff, running around with my straw hat and meeting similar people who have no intention of fighting <3

but bannerlord took this away with the lack of class selection so now i have nothing to do but to be forced to "enjoy" the combat
Yeah, you guys were so annoying. I'd see two enemies and thought I could rely on your support, but once I engaged you'd wander off and and start jumping up and down with your buddy while I got rect.

I'm not entirely sure what OP is getting at but I don't like the multiplayer in M&B at all.
Latency is a key issue for me. You need a ping of 30 to play properly and barely anyone plays Oceania, so whatever game I'm in I can't do anything.

The combat in singleplayer however isn't something I find fun at all. In Warband and in Viking Conquest the controls felt way more responsive and it was way easier to kill people. My reaction times were fast enough that I could take on multiple soldiers at once and win.

In Bannerlord it feels so sluggish and slow. I can't swing anything without having my guard down for way too long than is reasonably necessary (or realistic). I would've preferred animations that are closer to HEMA than whatever Bannerlord pretends to be with how much your character telegraphs their attacks and how slow they are to recover. Warband had even worse animations but it was fast and responsive to the point where I didn't need to run in a circle around a single enemy after swinging a sword. I think the multiplayer has always suffered from this as well since even in the old Warband days the sword fights were just based on how much you could cheese your opponent.

I hope this is something TW addresses because it gets pretty boring staying away from fights solely because you don't enjoy the combat.

Ill be honest, the latter.

Im sorry that this game isnt zen enough for you, but I really dont think it was ever designed to be. If you want to play a "medieval combat sim" you need to be ready for people to try and kill you with medieval weapons.

If you want a medieval experience where you dont have to use your brain, you could always try games like skyrim or to a lesser extent Witcher or Kingdom Come. Those are all games which have similar medieval vibes without a combat system which requires your full attention.

Asking for a game which is both multiplayer pvp and also easy at the same time is such a hypocritical statement. If you cant handle a game with a high skill ceiling, you are simply not Taleworlds target audience for multiplayer. Im sorry.
The game isn't a "medieval combat sim". It completely fails to graps the most important facet of medieval combat, hitting an armored part of your body does jack **** in terms of damage as the game is laughably hyper-lethal to the point you can slice through multiple enemies like some kind of shouen protagonist with a lightsaber. Warband and Bannerlord are 100% arcade games natively.

The game isn't a "medieval combat sim". It completely fails to graps the most important facet of medieval combat, hitting an armored part of your body does jack **** in terms of damage as the game is laughably hyper-lethal to the point you can slice through multiple enemies like some kind of shouen protagonist with a lightsaber. Warband and Bannerlord are 100% arcade games natively.
Mount & Blade is so realistic and immersive, it's basically the medieval equivalent of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

And putting Kingdom Come Deliverance in the same sentence as Skyrim is hilarious.
On one hand you have a game that gave standard sword combat a relatively steep learning curve.
On the other you have a game that holds your hand so much that over the course of the game you develop stockholm syndrome.

M&B has been arcadey from the get-go. I think I'd enjoy the multiplayer a hell of a lot more if it was a realistic medieval simulator and didn't involve running circles around your opponent as their sword effortlessly slices through chainmail..

And putting Kingdom Come Deliverance in the same sentence as Skyrim is hilarious.
On one hand you have a game that gave standard sword combat a relatively steep learning curve.
On the other you have a game that holds your hand so much that over the course of the game you develop stockholm syndrome.

M&B has been arcadey from the get-go. I think I'd enjoy the multiplayer a hell of a lot more if it was a realistic medieval simulator and didn't involve running circles around your opponent as their sword effortlessly slices through chainmail..
Realism breeds terrible gameplay. We the community have learnt this

Realism breeds terrible gameplay. We the community have learnt this

Multiplayer is a different can of beans when it comes to realism.
I would prefer realistic combat over cheese mechanics that are easily abused.
Might be why gun lines were a significant aspect in Napoleonic Wars.

I don't think the community has learnt anything when no native M&B has had straight multiplayer where sword fights werent a case of running in circles. The old Jedi Academy game springs to mind as something that M&B falls victim to. There was no learning curve in that game, just a set of
mechanics that you had to ignore in favour of out-cheesing your opponent.

Im confused, people want bannerlord's mp to be like warband's mp, but at the same time they don't.

I can only wish luck and patience to tw while dealing with these mp players.
We never said we wanted Warband MP. We said that we wanted a game that didn't lose the Mount & Blade spirit. RNG mechanics and lack of customization is the opposite of Warband.

We never said we wanted Warband MP. We said that we wanted a game that didn't lose the Mount & Blade spirit. RNG mechanics and lack of customization is the opposite of Warband.
Some people say why bother changing Warband's combat system, I think he's talking about them. and he is right, there are people who say we want warband MP.

There are like 2 different groups

Some people say why bother changing Warband's combat system, I think he's talking about them. and he is right, there are people who say we want warband MP.

There are like 2 different groups
Warband combat is the base of the Mount & Blade series so ye I agree with them. Ofc we should have improvements and modifications, but Taleworlds tried to do an almost complete rework of its mechanics, and it failed. RNG mechanics were added in MP to give ner players more changes, premade classes were added to make life easier for new players, all of this, in order to get more players, while disregarding the Warband players. And now here we are: Almost no new players playing and barely any players in the game. So yes, we shouldn't bother modifying the Warband combat system. All the controversial mechanics are mechanics that weren't there in warband, or were made differently (stances, blocking, feinting, chambers, archery, spears, javs, kicks...)

Warband combat is the base of the Mount & Blade series so ye I agree with them. Ofc we should have improvements and modifications, but Taleworlds tried to do an almost complete rework of its mechanics, and it failed. RNG mechanics were added in MP to give ner players more changes, premade classes were added to make life easier for new players, all of this, in order to get more players, while disregarding the Warband players. And now here we are: Almost no new players playing and barely any players in the game. So yes, we shouldn't bother modifying the Warband combat system. All the controversial mechanics are mechanics that weren't there in warband, or were made differently (stances, blocking, feinting, chambers, archery, spears, javs, kicks...)
I prefer Warband combat system too, it was clearly better imo. Probably the reasoning behind this change is Mount & Blade players always prefer singleplayer, it was like %95 singleplayer %5 multiplayer. Playing in multiplayer was hard, people gave up too quickly because they were pros in singleplayer but got destroyed in multiplayer, so they probably thought it was a good idea to reduce skill, therefore, new players can play multiplayer too. I would say it worked, but I can't. AFAIK it is like %75 singleplayer %25 multiplayer right now, but singleplayer is way too boring right now (and no mods) so I can't say. But it is a fact that the gap between singleplayer and multiplayer will reduce.

I prefer Warband combat system too, it was clearly better imo. Probably the reasoning behind this change is Mount & Blade players always prefer singleplayer, it was like %95 singleplayer %5 multiplayer. Playing in multiplayer was hard, people gave up too quickly because they were pros in singleplayer but got destroyed in multiplayer, so they probably thought it was a good idea to reduce skill, therefore, new players can play multiplayer too. I would say it worked, but I can't. AFAIK it is like %75 singleplayer %25 multiplayer right now, but singleplayer is way too boring right now (and no mods) so I can't say. But it is a fact that the gap between singleplayer and multiplayer will reduce.
There are less people playing Bannerlord in NA than people playing Battlefront II (2005) in NA. That's how dead MP currently is.

I think at this point, there will always be one group who is unhappy with the way the system works. There are just to many different opinions to make a universally appreciated system. I guess the best approach is to have a way to let players fiddle with the speed and timing variables themselves and allow private servers which allow those variables to be easily changed.

Yeah they are but how can tw listen to the community when they get bashed no matter what they do? Im ok with wanting different thing but both sides are too stubborn to admit other side had reasons to want what they want.

People who generally want the combat to be more like warband:
- MP Veterans who are also leaderboard-toppers in bannerlord

People who generally think the combat is okay or even good:
- Midlife crisis guys who call everyone whiny fortnite children and then suddenly vanish when footage emerges of them dying repeatedly to basic attacks in TDM.

It should be really obvious who to listen to.

People who generally want the combat to be more like warband:
- MP Veterans who are also leaderboard-toppers in bannerlord

People who generally think the combat is okay or even good:
- Midlife crisis guys who call everyone whiny fortnite children and then suddenly vanish when footage emerges of them dying repeatedly to basic attacks in TDM.

It should be really obvious who to listen to.

You sound no different than them tho no offence. Imo both groups have those midlife crisis guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom