Serious Question

Users who are viewing this thread

tenor.gif

EDIT: Aww he deleted his post.

Last edited:
TaleWorlds will be the new Bethesda. Half made game and put it up for models to make it somewhat enjoyable.
Am disgusted bad game.

Just for your information, many of the complete games are not modifiable other than maybe changing some visuals. Bethesda did get worse overtime with their products but completely ignoring the time they spent making their game quite modifiable and attributing all that to modders is not fair. I feel quite confident that other Creation Engine modders like myself would agree with that.

I’m not ignoring it, but the fact is the more modding tools there seem to be the less of the good game is left. Bethesda has dumbed their games down to appeal to bigger audiences and it worked but for a long time fan such as myself it’s only made newer entries a big uh sandbox if you will it’s a good entry to a role playing game but without mods it’s pretty bad and boring. Yea the modding tools are very good I’ve used them myself but they have become lazy with the generic casual saying “modders will fix it!”.

i believe TaleWorlds is going the same direction with this half crafted game. Sure the mods will be great in single player and even probably multiplayer. But if that’s all we care about they might as well give us all the modding tools now and stop making their game. It’s dead anyway

Have to disagree, taleworlds should focus on finished the game. Taleworlds isn't making a game engine for modders to just use. They're making a base game that will have a strong basis which will ensure other mods can build ontop.

Problem is it’s not a strong basis at all.
The way I see it they accidentally made a fantastic game in Warband and the way we are going it won’t be any different. Prove me wrong.

I’m not ignoring it, but the fact is the more modding tools there seem to be the less of the good game is left. Bethesda has dumbed their games down to appeal to bigger audiences and it worked but for a long time fan such as myself it’s only made newer entries a big uh sandbox if you will it’s a good entry to a role playing game but without mods it’s pretty bad and boring. Yea the modding tools are very good I’ve used them myself but they have become lazy with the generic casual saying “modders will fix it!”.

Bethesda's "modding tools" and "moddable engine" are primarily an internal thing, since they were one of the first large companies to hire graduates and inexperienced developers on masse, and needed an efficient way to make their open world games modular and easy to edit (even today their coder job requirements are really low, basically graduate tier). Back when they started using this system with the earlier elder scrolls games I highly doubt they were thinking about modding at all.

Generally, your average gamuurr will see a game with lots of mods and say "this game is moddable", even something like Mount and Blade which had no third party software on release, save for the compiler.

Either way, I think you're essentially right in that the main work will be left to modders, whether intentionally or not. Whether modders can be bothered to fix anything is a different story, but right now I can't see vanilla getting any of the attention it seems to demand (especially compared to warband)

You know what. I'm done. This community has sucked out any enjoyment I had for this game. I left the forum last night feeling angry and realised 'what's the point'? I cant even login in and play the game I enjoy without just feeling furious at how utterly ruined this community is.... and I just don't care anymore. The 'player' base on here has totally ruined the game for someone who actually enjoyed it. The official game forum has literally driven away someone who actually loved the title. What a ****ing joke. So well done everyone. You got what you wanted. You destroyed all excitement, positivity and enjoyment I took from mount & blade... you achieved your goal. Look at my pointless ****ing signature - how ****ing childish am I?

Im just done. Congratulations you win. I hope I can enjoy the game again one day; but I'm done with this forum. POGGERS
nooo dont leave haha your posts were so insightful . .

Back
Top Bottom