Had i known development was going to be this slow for the single-player experience, i wouldn't have bought Bannerlord.

Users who are viewing this thread

What is your point? They started their own company and make games for profit. Who cares if they were once modders ? They took an already existing engine and added many things to it and could focus on the finer touches I guess. I am not arguing against more immersive features, but people shouldn't be pushing their opinions as some kind of eternal fact.

Viking Conquest was 10$, it's not a game. It is very similar in terms of content to a lot of other high quality total conversion mods. What is your point?

You can also pay for mods in several other games, they are mods nonetheless.

You are comparing apples and oranges. If you are going to argue a point, at least try not to be disingenuous. Viking Conquest is not simply a "mod" that can be compared to the pay mods like in Fallout 4 that add skins or new weapons. It is not the same thing.

Viking Conquest was 10$, it's not a game. It is very similar in terms of content to a lot of other high quality total conversion mods. What is your point?

You can call it whatever you want, doesn't make you right.

Taleworlds considers it a game, so do I. I do not consider it just a "mod". I actually have something to back up my statement while you have nothing.

And by the way, it is currently 15 dollars and was 20 when it first came out.

You can call it whatever you want, doesn't make you right.

Taleworlds considers it a game, so do I. I do not consider it just a "mod". I actually have something to back up my statement while you have nothing.

Modders made VC, I don't really care what you say. They made mods, then got paid to make one for Warband. They were hired to make a more advanced version of Brytenwalda.

You are comparing apples and oranges. If you are going to argue a point, at least try not to be disingenuous. Viking Conquest is not simply a "mod" that can be compared to the pay mods like in Fallout 4 that add skins or new weapons. It is not the same thing.
You can cook at home, its called food, you get paid to do so, its still called food.
I can put my remix online for free, its a remix, i can charge you money for it yet still a remix.
Why is it for game development different all of a sudden?

The defintion of a modification is that you take something that exists, and change it. You build on that foundation. Viking Conquest is exactly that. The fact that you paid money for it doesn't change anything at all

Modders made VC, I don't really care what you say. They made mods, then got paid to make one for Warband. They were hired to make a more advanced version of Brytenwalda.

And I don't care what you or the other guy say, you are both wrong. I know exactly what the definition of modification is. However, taking that literally, then everything is a modification. Every total war game made is pretty much a modification, every assassin's creed is a modification, basically every game from the same genre or with the same mechanics. All the MLB sports games, call of duty games, etc. I guess they are all just mods. Except, when it comes to games, that is not what the term mod means. You know it and so does everyone else, but you just don't want to admit you are wrong. Your whole argument is predicated on the fact that "modders made it". If it had been taleworlds that made it and called it a standalone, you wouldn't be saying anything at all.

I guess every stand alone game made from another version of the game is also a mod. Perfect example, take the X series of games. X1 through X3 (and all iterations including Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict) were built using the same engine but just continuously worked on with added features and graphics. Each is considered a new game, including the standalone games Albion Prelude and Terran conflict even though it is built on previous engine. All considered games, not modifications.

Hell, you might as well as call each food dish a mod too. I mean every egg dish is just a mod of another egg dish, or just food in general is a mod since it is food. People too, I guess you are just a mod as well according to your definition.

Last edited:
And I don't care what you or the other guy say, you are both wrong. I know exactly what the definition of modification is. However, taking that literally, then everything is a modification. Every total war game made is pretty much a modification, every assassin's creed is a modification, basically every game from the same genre or with the same mechanics. All the MLB sports games, call of duty games, etc. I guess they are all just mods. Except, when it comes to games, that is not what the term mod means. You know it and so does everyone else, but you just don't want to admit you are wrong. Your whole argument is predicated on the fact that "modders made it". If it had been taleworlds that made it and called it a standalone, you wouldn't be saying anything at all.

I guess every stand alone game made from another version of the game is also a mod. Perfect example, take the X series of games. X1 through X3 (and all iterations including Albion Prelude and Terran Conflict) were built using the same engine but just continuously worked on with added features and graphics. Each is considered a new game, including the standalone games Albion Prelude and Terran conflict even though it is built on previous engine. All considered games, not modifications.

Hell, you might as well as call each food dish a mod too. I mean every egg dish is just a mod of another egg dish, or just food in general is a mod since it is food. People too, I guess you are just a mod as well according to your definition.

VC's mod team was not a company. TW hired modders to make a paid mod. VC is in the module folder of Warband, just like all the rest. It's a paid mod.

That is exactly what i mean, their greatest entry in the entire Franchise, Viking Conquest, is a mod...
This will always be the case though. Real historical factions and time periods will always be infinitely more interesting. If a mod released for BL in it's current state replacing The Calradic empire & Battania with Rome & "Gauls", it instantly becomes more enjoyable.

Sadly, if Taleworlds want the game to be as successful as it could be, they have to focus on building a base for modders and just let mods/dlc's carry the game. Native will literally always be outshone by mods, no matter how feature rich.

VC's mod team was not a company., TW hired modders to make a paid mod. VC is in the module folder of Warband. It's a paid mod.
VC is a DLC, it's not a paid mod. It was published by taleworlds and taleworlds provided support to the brytenwalda team or something like that

VC's mod team was not a company. TW hired modders to make a paid mod. VC is in the module folder of Warband, just like all the rest. It's a paid mod.

Wrong again

They are a company. They even have a new game coming out called Beyond mankind.

" Beyond Mankind is a first-person single-player game set in both the future and prehistory. Create a character and explore an Earth devastated by nuclear war. Travel to the past and survive in a hostile, prehistoric environment just before the twilight of the Neanderthals. "

Wrong again

They are a company. They even have a new game coming out called Beyond mankind.

" Beyond Mankind is a first-person single-player game set in both the future and prehistory. Create a character and explore an Earth devastated by nuclear war. Travel to the past and survive in a hostile, prehistoric environment just before the twilight of the Neanderthals. "

I said they were not, it's called past tense. This new game has nothing to do with the "mod" folder of Warband.

VC is a DLC, it's not a paid mod. It was published by taleworlds and taleworlds provided support to the brytenwalda team or something like that

When you have a mod team that makes a DLC, it's a paid mod. It's in the module folder lol.

I have a sneaking suspicion that what we are seeing is almost the complete game aside from some audio files, bug fixes, and re-balancing.

Everyone with half a brain does, We probably won't be seeing the cool things that where in earlier titles like the Viking Conquest Naval System (Which was made by a modding team lmao), nor simple things that should of been in the game to begin with. There probably won't be any actually big updates where the way we play is changed, just more meaningless expansion on what exists, which isn't much.

When you have a mod team that makes a DLC, it's a paid mod. It's in the module folder lol.

So that is your whole argument? The publisher and developer of Viking Conquest say it is a game, but what you say must be truth because it is in the module folder (which by the way isn't the same as modification because guess what? The original game is ALSO IN THE MODULE FOLDER and module and modification are not the same even of they can both be shortened to mod Lol)

So that is your whole argument? The publisher and developer of Viking Conquest say it is a game, but what you say must be truth because it is in the module folder (which by the way isn't the same as modification because guess what? The original game is ALSO IN THE MODULE FOLDER and module and modification are not the same even of they can both be shortened to mod Lol)
I seriously love how emotionally invested you seem to be into this. But fine w/e i give in. Its not a mod, its a standalone game. If that is what will give you inner peace from now on forward. That VC was made by modders tho is a fact. And that therefore their best w/e the hell you wanna call it now that has the name Mount&Blade in it is made by modders.

TW is a software company: they made a game:

Then then hired (at the time) a group of modders to make an expansion for them because of their very successful mod. It's not hard guys. You can call it whatever you want lol.

They should just rename the game in "Placeholderlord" or "Nonewcontentlord", that would be awesome. And in 2 years, when they´ve fixed all the bugs and maybe improved the AI they can rename it back in "JustnotasgoodasWarbandlord".

:wink:

Bannerlord don't even deliver the same amount and complexity of features as Warband. Fewer options, less depth, and as to be expected in the beta many bugs and balance problems. I also have the feeling they won't even achieve the same level of in-game mechanics and possibilities as they had with Warband or VC. The State of Beta and Communication after 5 months is very sad. Just waiting for modding tools at this stage, so the community can make the game what it deserved to be.

They should just rename the game in "Placeholderlord" or "Nonewcontentlord", that would be awesome. And in 2 years, when they´ve fixed all the bugs and maybe improved the AI they can rename it back in "JustnotasgoodasWarbandlord".

:wink:

I dont understand why people who hate the game are still here. I enjoy it and I'm am only here once or twice a week because I got bored and dont want to start a new playthrough until things get a little further along.

Back
Top Bottom