Console Command

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, if I remember correctly, stances were actually largely unpopular with Beta players

Unfortunately, these sorts of changes affect the entire game (i.e. singleplayer too). So usually there is a lot more thought that goes into it rather than what would just be good for higher skill level multiplayer players.

Do it you fool

I’m so tempted to snake in on this cat’s game holy cow

Unfortunately, these sorts of changes affect the entire game (i.e. singleplayer too). So usually there is a lot more thought that goes into it rather than what would just be good for higher skill level multiplayer players.

I mean the biggest issue is stance can’t be changed without dropping block and moving changes stance unless blocking. The only solution is to have an independent key that can change stance. Leaving a little bit of customization regarding this can cater to both sp and mp, much like autoblock and manual block. If tw thinks we’re in the minority regarding this, they’re flat wrong, they must be the only people in the world who think otherwise

I mean the biggest issue is stance can’t be changed without dropping block and moving changes stance unless blocking. The only solution is to have an independent key that can change stance. Leaving a little bit of customization regarding this can cater to both sp and mp, much like autoblock and manual block. If tw thinks we’re in the minority regarding this, they’re flat wrong, they must be the only people in the world who think otherwise
From what i read from some of the combat devs, the stance system is deep inside the combat system, and doing what you propose would mean some pretty significant changes.

For changestance = pressed
If stance = left then stance = right
Else stance = left
Endif

I’m pretty good at vba ? idk the syntax for c# but it can’t be that different and I really can’t imagine it would require reworking much more than some commands.

I really ought to decompile the damn game files and see exactly what they did.

Last edited:
For changestance = pressed
If stance = left then stance = right
Else stance = left
Endif

I’m pretty good at vba ? idk the syntax for c# but it can’t be that different and I really can’t imagine it would require reworking much more than some commands.

I really ought to decompile the damn game files and see exactly what they did.
I'm not trying to argue how its implemented, i just know from reading from some devs that the stances are not as simple as that and have a lot more to it then a simple If statement

Lmfao what can I say I think I’m a genius in my own right.

I don’t think it’s that simple either I just also don’t think the work to implement it would be prohibitively difficult.

As for the if statement, I mean you could use while loop or whatever just as easily but an if statement would have to be in there somewhere. Just whatever bit of the code that causes the stance change during strafing can be pulled out into its own function was the point.

Last edited:
Tic Tac Toe is a game that can't be won, by the way. It's impossible to win or lose unless you intentionally choose to lose. That's the joke unless someone missed it.

Lmfao what can I say I think I’m a genius in my own right.

I don’t think it’s that simple either I just also don’t think the work to implement it would be prohibitively difficult.

As for the if statement, I mean you could use while loop or whatever just as easily but an if statement would have to be in there somewhere. Just whatever bit of the code that causes the stance change during strafing can be pulled out into its own function was the point.
We still didnt even get the simplest XML changes for multiplayer in a timespan of several months. Not like a complete combat rework will happen. They need to rework all their lower body animations if they did this, then change netcode and who knows where else this impacts anything.

they prob used a direction vector to determine which direction the character is going and a bool if it is possible to swap stance (at least thats my guess)

Rip tic tac toe

We still didnt even get the simplest XML changes for multiplayer in a timespan of several months. Not like a complete combat rework will happen. They need to rework all their lower body animations if they did this, then change netcode and who knows where else this impacts anything.

they prob used a direction vector to determine which direction the character is going and a bool if it is possible to swap stance (at least thats my guess)

I wish I was near my pc but this is fun. It can’t be a direction vector exactly because mouse look doesn’t change stance, only strafe keys. At any rate what you wrote is just a fancier way of writing what I did.

They would indeed need to rework some of the animations. Idk how it could possibly effect the netcode unless stance change somehow takes precedence over getting hit or something silly like that.

kick pila
throwable couches
infinite hp horses
10 second bump duration
block delay
any class can ride heavy horse
skirmishers 3 lives 9999 javs
now this...

im convinced there is a planet of the apes scenario going on and tw hq was taken over by rabid chimps and theyre the ones pushing these changes

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would personally like this too, and have brought it up since I joined the company and first saw stances, but I think we are in the minority here and I don't have much hope for that being changed in all honesty.

I hope you keep asking for it, because its a great idea. More control for the player is NEVER a bad thing.

Tic Tac Toe is a game that can't be won, by the way. It's impossible to win or lose unless you intentionally choose to lose. That's the joke unless someone missed it.
hasbro-4-gewinnt-hasbro-5010993721788.jpg

Rip tic tac toe

I wish I was near my pc but this is fun. It can’t be a direction vector exactly because mouse look doesn’t change stance, only strafe keys. At any rate what you wrote is just a fancier way of writing what I did.

They would indeed need to rework some of the animations. Idk how it could possibly effect the netcode unless stance change somehow takes precedence over getting hit or something silly like that.
if you dont add it in netcode it wont be displayed for others, like the invisible kick

Back
Top Bottom