? Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been on latest beta 1.4.2 for like 100-200 hours now and I have some feedback for it. Im at day 2545, im lvl 21 and aged 60 something and my kids are all grown up :smile:
Its been a lot of fun but it does feel never-ending.

The main culprit imo is the fact that my faction (valadian) continually has had 2-3 wars going at the same time most of the game. Its very hard to make any progress when its like this. One suggestion to perhaps alleviate this problem a little would be to allow players to spend more influence (if they wanted) on certain votes, such as war votes. Being only allowed to spend 100 influence means its virtually impossible to affect the outcome on whether we go to war or make peace. Personally, I think the AI should factor in whether we are already at war, and if we are, then they should be much less inclined to sustain or start another war. Also in a similar vein, I feel like the sheer scale of the game - specifically, all the neutral factions and the number of parties each faction inevitably can have, has a detrimental effect on the overall flow of the game. For example, in order to simply move across the map in my game as it is currently, I would have to kill 10's of thousands of troops.
A better example would be when I had something like 30+ kuziat prisoners in my town seonopa (i think its called) and yet I still was not able to leave the city in order to go north to Osor (my other city) without having to swiftly turn back around because seonopa was getting seiged again by yet another 1000+ army. After awhile the battles feel like a bit of a chore simply because they feel endless and your victories fruitless.

I do encourage the game to try and become as difficult as possible (when the player has selected realistic options and good AI combat etc), but I would much prefer it if the battles were simply harder but less frequent - so quality over quantity in other words.
Totally agree my game is the same as yours seems like an endless loop and going nowhere. The only solution I can think of is to be able to imprison Lords for a lot longer or reduce the penalty for execution. I am with Vlandia only Kuzhait, Aserai and Western Empire left, yet we are at war with all 3. I cannot even move to other areas to sell my gear as my towns are attacked as soon as I move away.

Totally agree my game is the same as yours seems like an endless loop and going nowhere. The only solution I can think of is to be able to imprison Lords for a lot longer or reduce the penalty for execution. I am with Vlandia only Kuzhait, Aserai and Western Empire left, yet we are at war with all 3. I cannot even move to other areas to sell my gear as my towns are attacked as soon as I move away.
Yeah imprisoning lords for longer is another elegant solution I hadn't thought of. It does become very frustrating when you capture someone, put them in a dungeon. Go to siege someplace and then when the enemies amass an army to deflect it (which they nearly always do before trebuchets brake walls) - there is that same lord amongst the army. Another particularly annoying thing is when these pests keep raiding your villages (especially neutral factions who are mercenaries as they particularly love doing this it seems) despite repeatedly capturing the culprits and imprisoning them. It makes it feel like chopping off their heads is the only solution!

BUG REPORT beta 1.4.3

The Legendary Smith perk (level 275) in the smithing skill is no longer available. The patch notes didn't mention anything about it being removed intentionally either.

BUG report 1.4.3
When you are in attack dialogue screen with looters or forest bandits and they ask to join you. If you allow them to join you, you are taken to troops screen, add them to your army. It then goes back to your original dialogue screen and freezes. You cant select any options or quit. You have to hard close the program through task manager.

The Legendary Smith perk (level 275) in the smithing skill is no longer available. The patch notes didn't mention anything about it being removed intentionally either.

When you are in attack dialogue screen with looters or forest bandits and they ask to join you. If you allow them to join you, you are taken to troops screen, add them to your army. It then goes back to your original dialogue screen and freezes. You cant select any options or quit. You have to hard close the program through task manager.

Thank you both, I'll test these myself and if I can reproduce them, I'll add them to the table!

On 1.4.3 when i try to enter Poros im forced to leave. Only entering town via Keep or Tavern works. Maybe i got banned due to misbehaviour? Wouldn´t be the first time

BUG report 1.4.3
You can't get clans to join your kingdom via the barter screen. When the persuasion checks are passed and you reach the barter screen, the option "Gift" is constantly greyed out at the bottom, regardless of the barter being in their favor or not (ie the green bar is full but still nothing)

BUG report 1.4.3

im gettning the same thing, you have to forcebly shut the game down

Bug Reports 1.4.3 beta

Hi, I've been beta testing 1.4.3. I've been testing from a clean start on 1.4.3. Most of the issues I noticed have already been fixed, but I did find a couple issues I haven't seen fixed yet.

[1.4.3]- The skill points display for level up in the character screen appears to display incorrectly. It indicates the character having 10s of thousands of skill points and needing 10s of thousands more to reach the next level. The advancement still seems to work correctly so I think the bug is just in how the skill points display.

[1.4.3]- In the party screen, if you have troops set to level up and you right click several of your different troops to bring up the troop tree and encyclopedia, the right click stops functioning properly and no longer brings up the encyclopedia. Closing the party screen and re-opening fixes the issue.

[1.4.3]- In the party screen after battles, if you take on prisoners and rank up several of your troops, the game occasionally fails to recognize that your troops are ready for lvl up. It will still show the yellow arrow, but when you go to rank up you get a message that your troops are not ready for upgrade even though they are. This only happens if you have a large number of upgrades. The troops will upgrade normally after leaving and going back into the party screen.

[Ongoing]- The counter for the train troops quest is still taking a long time to update and often does not display the correct number of trained troops. The quest otherwise works properly and the balance is much better now. Perhaps the counter can be force updated if the player goes into the quests screen?

[not sure, only experienced in 1.4.3]- In the dialogue options for convincing someone, in 1.4.3 I often see the exact same dialogue option show up twice in the same selection, sometimes with different skills associated. Particularly in quests. I saw it in poachers quest dialogue most recently. I didn't see this previously and I don't think it is intended.

The other issues I noticed (health regen issues, bandit surrender stuck in conversation bug) have already been fixed. If needed, I can provide screenshots, logs,or anything else.

As for feedback, I wanted to add some regarding sieges.

[ongoing] The troubles with sieges and troops not using the towers and ladders well... This really hurts the quality of the late game and the level of fun one can experience from sieges. The need to cross through enemy lines to enter your city if besieged: this feature makes it so that the player almost never gets to experience a siege defense battle. This is disheartening because those can be some of the most fun battles. I get the realism but what is the point if it essentially locks the player out of an entire aspect of the game?

[1.4.3] also wanted to add that the new story content is great (family related). The balance is much better in this version than all previous versions, across the board. 1.4.3 is definitely my favorite version of the game so far. It's definitely got me excited for what will come next!

Last edited:
These are great, but would you mind adding a little '1.4.3' in front of the issues you didn't experience before 1.4.3, to pinpoint those related to that patch? Thank you so much!

I did my best. I'm not 100% sure for some of them. I only experienced them in 1.4.3 but I did not thoroughly test 1.4.2. The ones I have been experiencing all along I marked as "ongoing".

A bug that I already saw in 1.4.2 and is still present in 1.4.3 is a broken image and model that is displayed of the chain horse armor https://pasteboard.co/JksRpvB.png
In the background you can also see my horse's miniskirt which probably isn't how the chain horse armor is supposed to look like. This also solves the question of how a horse would wear a skirt :party:

Bug Reports 1.4.3 beta

[1.4.3]- The skill points display for level up in the character screen appears to display incorrectly. It indicates the character having 10s of thousands of skill points and needing 10s of thousands more to reach the next level. The advancement still seems to work correctly so I think the bug is just in how the skill points display.

Thanks for all your reports! Just to answer one: they changed the level system in 1.4.3 to be based on an experience system instead of skill points. Every skill already had a tab on the bottom showing a percentage of xp to next level, but now this xp directly contributes to level rather be than just the “level ups”

Thanks for all your reports! Just to answer one: they changed the level system in 1.4.3 to be based on an experience system instead of skill points. Every skill already had a tab on the bottom showing a percentage of xp to next level, but now this xp directly contributes to level rather be than just the “level ups”

Ok then, so they just need to change it from saying skill points to experience. Despite this, I still only seem to level up after getting a skill point, so that is a bit strange.

1.4.3 beta there is a bug where if you place a group of troops in loose formation you can't get them out of it; they retain this loose spacing even if you put them in a different formation. To make matters worse, this 'infects' others groups. IE you set Archers to loose, infantry to shieldwall. Infantry will be loosely spaced while holding up their shield. This bug also occurs in village scenes by simply moving a troops group. I've already reported it & community supports passed it along.

Side effect of the new shared troop XP: doomstack tier army composition, atleast for AI minor factions. In particular, the Ghilman faction is becoming 70-80% composed of their tier 4 troop. This unit has cataphract & mameluke armor on (at 1 tier lower). See image

Back
Top Bottom