Player cheating in Bannerlord multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the first time I've seen someone suspect of cheating in this game. I can tell when a player is good, and this wasn't a good player. By his movement alone, he was resembling a beginner. This guy was playing in custom multiplayer matches in EU server and had something that resembled an autoblock cheat. Name: archerino. 34 hours on bannerlord, over 2830 hours in warband (guess he misses his autoblock that much), 223 hours in cs:go with a VAC ban on his record, which means he isn't new to cheating at all. After I called him out on it he left the game, twice, but he came back and still had it. I finally decided to record his point of view as a spectator, he is bad and it's hard to catch him doing really well, but it is obvious at some parts that he is just blocking every melee attack that he's looking at without a problem (even from multiple players at once). He always, and I mean always puts his shield on his back and goes in without any remorse with his one handed sword, blocking everything he looks at. That is suspect in itself, so autoblock cheating might not work so well with a shield and it would make sense that he does that. Anyway, I unfortunately failed in recording him because I didn't know how to use OBS. Apparently there is a slider that needs to be pushed for the game to be actually captured and not your browser/desktop. But I will know for the future. I would like to know HOW and WHERE can I report cheating in bannerlord. Can I send video proof if I'll ever get video proof of someone cheating? Will it be reviewed by someone? I see that some players already start to cheat (bannerlord autoblock mod probably is at fault for this, imagine if you implement an official version how bad it will get...), and also I've heard of some players having aim cheat with their bows, but never seen it myself yet. I suggest implementing a feature to report cheaters, and a replay of a match system would be GODLY. If I can review my old games and see the point of view of others then it would be really easy to tell if someone is cheating or not and have proof for it. So if devs want to check on this archerino guy in case he is still cheating after being called out two times for it, please do so. It's literally the first player that I see that shamelessly cheats (4 guys keep attacking him and his 1handed blocks are perfect as long as he looks in the right direction, which not even veteran players can do. I reported his steam account for cheating in bannerlord, not sure if those reports do anything but there you go. He already has a VAC ban so it's really not surprising that he still cheats. Other than that, please implement features like I said to help with cheating in the future.

The guy is a confirmed autoblocker, He even demonstrated it to us on the duel server. I've sent the mods a link to his autoblocker website (which he linked to us).

I met a hacker who didn’t have the rotation part of autoblock down. They said it wasn’t possible in Bannerlord. Didn’t make sense why it wouldn’t be. Looks like it for sure is. The true atrocity is the esp hack on tdm like that’s just overkill at that point. Tried to sell it to me for $50 lol.

Kudos to the players who were able to block his memes for any period of time.

Perhaps we could sticky a “How to report players” pinned to the multiplayers thread with the above info in it? I see this response pop up often enough that it could be useful :smile:
@AVRC @MArdA TaleWorlds @azakhi

There were plans to post detailed information about how/when/why a player would get a ban/global mute. I don't know what is the situation with it but it would probably be better to do this in the same thread.

Kinda wondering if this hasn't made its way to console with then zen being used. Have met several players that block everything from a entire group with a 1 hander. Also spinning like a top and still blocks and hits everyone

Back
Top Bottom