make companion do patroling

Users who are viewing this thread

haleondk

Recruit
can we have the order to make companion parties patroling specific place (towm village) my village is beeing raided and the companion is on the other site of map :sad:
I think it was in warband ?

I would love it if it was somewhat tied in to being a governor. Like if you appoint a companion to be a governor for a city/castle he will patrol & and protect the vicinity/close villages with his party (wouldn't take a party-slot from the clan tab and you wouldn't be able to call him to an army), he should also manage the garrison of that town/castle (refill it, upgrade troops e.t.c.). Could add an option for us, as clan heads, to set a number on how big we want the garrison to be in each town/castle. The governor won't fill it up more than that number and if he goes on patrol he may take 50% of the garrison with him during the patrol.

With some work this would, in my opinion, make it really usefull to have have governor or 2 that you move around between different problem-places/newly captured places.

I think it is a must... it makes no sense let your fief without any kind of protection against looters meanwhile there are 300 troops garrisoned in a near castle resting all the time.

But on the other side I fear it can unbalance the economy again.

The improved garrison mod has a patrol function. You select a smallish party from your garrison. And select the patrol option and they roam the area of the castle/town attacking looters and other enemies. It's a great way to deal with bandits and such. You can also set up functions to sell prisoners and replenish casualties. Its probably my favourite mod.

I would love it if it was somewhat tied in to being a governor. Like if you appoint a companion to be a governor for a city/castle he will patrol & and protect the vicinity/close villages with his party (wouldn't take a party-slot from the clan tab and you wouldn't be able to call him to an army), he should also manage the garrison of that town/castle (refill it, upgrade troops e.t.c.). Could add an option for us, as clan heads, to set a number on how big we want the garrison to be in each town/castle. The governor won't fill it up more than that number and if he goes on patrol he may take 50% of the garrison with him during the patrol.

With some work this would, in my opinion, make it really usefull to have have governor or 2 that you move around between different problem-places/newly captured places.
+1

Love it

You could also install party ai. Really good mood that allows you to tell your companions what to do.

Yeah but I don't want a game to rely on mods already from ea, i want to give proper feedback and see/play whatever the devs does with the game from the feedback. After full release and patches i will mod it to whatever i want but until then i want to rely on "vanilla mechanics". :smile:

ty 4 nothing
manually install and inable mod, is what i did, according to help video on nexus, and mod info !

How to install

1. Download the mod manually from this website on the right hand corner
  2. Extract the file
  3. Copy the folder ImprovedGarrisons to your_steamAppsfolder/common/Mount & Blade II Bannerlord/Modules
  4. Start the the game from Steam
  5. In the Launcher find and press Mods
  6. Find Improved Garrisons and activate it
  7. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom